Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

tried to play splinter cell: conviction the other day and it's not compatible with windows 10 lol

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

it's extremely hardcore, but the latest patch added inertia to movement so you're going to run into less guys who are decked out in the best gear because it's too heavy.

what you will need to read about is how some of the locations of missions, but you should def play with friends, because while solo can be fun, you're going to want to learn together.

plus, you can play around and gently caress up as much as you want while learning, then reset your character (once every 3 weeks) and get your starting gear over again.

you can also run scavs, which are not persistent characters, are of the "npc" class, are randomly spawned with random (usually bad) gear in an ongoing level, and if they do survive escaping, you can keep their gear, so you'll never be in a situation where you can't play.

the biggest secret to having fun in the game is to lose the "gear fear" and just assume you're going to lose whatever badass gun and ammo you find and go kill someone instead of hoarding it all and never using it.

Thanks for the tips! I'll jump on the goon discord too. Does it make sense buying the most expensive Bad With Money edition for max inventory space?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Sweetling posted:

Thanks for the tips! I'll jump on the goon discord too. Does it make sense buying the most expensive Bad With Money edition for max inventory space?

only if you really like the game, or you're a baller like me. no reason to do it immediately, you can always upgrade

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
todays free epic game is CONTROL which i believe is rather highly regarded around these parts

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I bought Control twice and never finished it. cool game though

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I bought Control twice and never finished it. cool game though

the true remedy experience

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

i main’d it instead of catching covid yesterday, made it to flying and the panopticon, just beat the fridge-you-cannot-look-away-from astral plane boss

there’s a lot of cool psychedelic culture stuff and the powers feel so good to use

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

ok, I really like the fire emblem combat mechanics but have bounced off the stupid rear end hogwarts garbage in three houses like 5 times now

is there a better way to scratch this itch

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Fool posted:

ok, I really like the fire emblem combat mechanics but have bounced off the stupid rear end hogwarts garbage in three houses like 5 times now

I haven't found a good alternative. Wargroove did satisfy my advanced wars craving though.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Congrats to MATN who just wrapped his year-long Fallout4 YOLO / No heal run; after taking a big hit a while back I didn't think he'd get to the end, but it got done.

https://twitter.com/ManyATrueNerd/status/1475201474565132289?s=20

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i bought ratchet and clank for ps5 after we finished astros playroom. little jones and i played it up to the title screen. it's pretty fun. it's the first ratchet and clank game i've played

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

finally got kenshi for 40% off, always wanted to try it out after seeing a ton of weird roleplaying longplays on youtube

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

polyester concept posted:

finally got kenshi for 40% off, always wanted to try it out after seeing a ton of weird roleplaying longplays on youtube

it's good if you can get past the controls

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
kenshi is good but i got to the point where i could keep food going, and nobody passing by could bust my defenses, and i was entirely self sufficient, but it was impossible to travel out without getting owned by futuristic robots so i just sorta fell off of it.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

FMguru posted:

todays free epic game is CONTROL which i believe is rather highly regarded around these parts

it's worth a download just for the art direction alone. the environments are incredible.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Fool posted:

i haven’t played any of the games you’re talking about but have you tried mount and blade? it’s pretty good

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

control got 1000x better when I switched Launch from Hold to Toggle

never had such a violent turnaround from "this combat sucks poo poo" to "actually this is good fun" as that

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Control and Disco Elysium have a bundle in the winter sale which is a weird grouping to me but I impulse bought both.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

got cyberpunk 2077 as a gift. not sure how i feel about it. seems like i wander around randomly beating up brigands instead of doing the main quest

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I finally bought myself a monitor that goes over 60hz, for the first time in my life. I got a Dell 27” 165hz model and I can’t wait to see the james in all their high refresh rate glory

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You will be spoiled and never able to go back.

But it's worth it. When I got one I spent a while just moving windows around and marveling at how slippery they were

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

this is my first monitor that has a high refresh rate, a resolution above 1080p and is curved.

I think you’re right that this is one of those “can never go back” moments.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The first time I used a high-refresh monitor I ended up returning it because I didn't see what the big deal is. Now that I've been using one for like a year I immediately notice the difference if I have to drop to 60 for some reason.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

playing Minecraft dungeons with the kiddo, didn’t know anything about it going in and have been pleasantly surprised

it’s a fairly charming Diablo-lite and quite fun

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i have 2 24” monitors, both 1440p and 144hz. suits needs.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jesus WEP posted:

i have 2 24” monitors, both 1440p and 144hz. suits needs.

Same except I stole mine from work.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I want 2880p at ehh... 100ish hz and above is probably fine?

Don't buy 4K desktop monitors. Bad bad idea. Fractional scaling is a non-starter.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's perfecly normal for your monitor to have a little curve

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i'm stuck at 60hz because my graphics card is ancient and wouldn't be able to manage anything higher.

it's definitely on my list for after the crypto bubble pops tho

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sapozhnik posted:

I want 2880p at ehh... 100ish hz and above is probably fine?

Don't buy 4K desktop monitors. Bad bad idea. Fractional scaling is a non-starter.

it's works fine for me. both windows and macos handle it pretty well now, macos especially.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

got really high while looking at 40k promo images

they always have these crazy smoke machines in their pro shop so i went to go look up if in 2021 you can just buy a pocket sized one and, well.

that poo poo looks fun as hell. i guess little pocket versions run $30-70 bucks which isn't bad at all. i fuckin love how easy poo poo is to find+get in 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Casual Encountess posted:

that must be the torment nexus i've heard so much about

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
The 14 y/o version of myself is leaping to the front of my consciousness an drooling over the badassery of this.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Casual Encountess posted:

they always have these crazy smoke machines in their pro shop so i went to go look up if in 2021 you can just buy a pocket sized one and, well.

that poo poo looks fun as hell. i guess little pocket versions run $30-70 bucks which isn't bad at all. i fuckin love how easy poo poo is to find+get in 2021

holy poo poo this owns so hard. i cant wait until little jones and i can do d&d stuff

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

So is the mini smoke machine basically a vape machine but with some tweaks, or is it a different tech? I saw some diorama photos a while back with smoke effects and it the behind-the-scenes video the guy was just puffing on his vape and then blowing it in place with a drinking straw :o:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

pretty much, it's just some liquid and a little heater.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i had an old book of magic tricks when i was a kid and i feel like about half of them involved blowing cigarette smoke into a tube running up your sleeve or in your shirt collar.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

in the grim dark future of the 41st century, there is only the scent of piņa colada vape

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
vapes for the vape god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

im just really enjoying being able to jump into a hobby in 2021 and being able to do everything i ever dreamed of doing when i was 16 and every step has been heavily annotated and is now fairly straightforward to do. like 3d printed terrain vs foamcore

my first motorcycle is a kawasaki ninja 250 and 100% of everything that i would need or would ever happen to that machine is fully documented and thats just totally loving wild