Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've learned that my mom has become obsessed with that crowd sourced Jesus show, The Chosen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

wizardofloneliness posted:

I thought the Squid Game "controversy" was just that that one tiktok person had the english closed captioning on instead of the normal subtitles and didn't notice.

I had a friend who somehow watched the whole thing dubbed because she thought that was the only option. She was pretty pissed when she found out it wasn't and she listened to a lovely dub for no reason.

"We need to secure tissue from the bodies as much as we can."

I mean, maybe these are the dubtitles, but that would require me to get up and check and it's Christmas so nah. But you'd still think Netflix would take better care of this stuff, regardless of the veracity of the controversy.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Loooooooool, I binged the seasons on my own and only considered a few sketches sharable with my parents. I think the easiest one to share is Diner Wink because of the celebrity cameo and the fact that Tim is the straight man (rare) and not the crazy rear end in a top hat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Inf1Yz_fgk

The other one I really loved was Calico Cut Pants, but it sadly isn’t on YouTube.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 25, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
matrix 4 is the mgs2 of matrixii and everyone's love/hate reaction to it is in kind

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Rhyno posted:

How you gonna dis Keith Mars like that?

I hear on Flashpoint he plays the SWAT commander as Keith Mars playing the SWAT commander.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Paracaidas posted:

I hear on Flashpoint he plays the SWAT commander as Keith Mars playing the SWAT commander.

That was an occasionally enjoyable show.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Can any superfans of Justified help me track down a bit of throwaway dialogue I half remember?

Tim says something about how he wakes up at 5am (or a similar time) no matter what.

I've been googling but cannot find the exact line or which episode it's in and it's driving me nuts.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Watched 2/3 of New Matrix last night absolutely loved it. It's such a cool and self aware update of the franchise.

E: and it's got the LionArcher anti endorsement so you know its good

gently caress off.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Can any superfans of Justified help me track down a bit of throwaway dialogue I half remember?

Tim says something about how he wakes up at 5am (or a similar time) no matter what.

I've been googling but cannot find the exact line or which episode it's in and it's driving me nuts.

Season 4 Episode 5, 10:24 seconds in

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

LionArcher posted:

gently caress off.

Well, now I know Shagaletic is a truly great poster

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I like how literal the sister took that title.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Holy poo poo people weren't kidding the action scenes are loving poo poo in the matrix lol

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Google Butt posted:

Holy poo poo people weren't kidding the action scenes are loving poo poo in the matrix lol

Yep

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Google Butt posted:

the movies over 20 years old and you’re just finding out about this now?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

I feel like the choreography is probably good but they’re so badly shot and edited you can’t tell

I still love everything else about the movie though

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I just laughed when I shouldn't have. I played your video game.

Khanstant posted:

matrix 4 is the mgs2 of matrixii and everyone's love/hate reaction to it is in kind
I wish I could agree with this but the people I know who dislike the film are just sorta like "it was whatever" and not ravingly mad that it didn't star Solid Snake.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 25, 2021

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

There are definitely people big, big mad that they make Trinity "the one" at the end

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s not even what happens lol. But I can totally see people misinterpreting it like that

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

LionArcher posted:

gently caress off.

Lol keep them coming.

Anyway, gonna catch up on The Great next I think

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

Lol keep them coming.

Is there a better Xmas present than successfully annoying someone who’s this much of a blight on these forums?

Hope everyone is having a lovely day. I’m gonna see if I can convince my mum to watch the latest John Wilson ep.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

And a happy xmas to all!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ruddiger posted:

the movies over 20 years old and you’re just finding out about this now?
I see what you did there

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Is there a better Xmas present than successfully annoying someone who’s this much of a blight on these forums?

Hope everyone is having a lovely day. I’m gonna see if I can convince my mum to watch the latest John Wilson ep.

Hey now, a blight on the forums is just rude on Christmas. I’m perfectly kind on a ton of sub forums, but media I feel strongly about since it’s my day job.

Merry Christmas everyone on here, hope everyone isn’t fighting with family too much and gets to watch something that brings them joy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I showed my whole family the TLC Tugger episode of How To with John Wilson last New Year’s Eve and it was the hardest I’ve ever laughed at other people’s reactions.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hakkesshu posted:

There are definitely people big, big mad that they make Trinity "the one" at the end
That's really hilarious because before I even knew they were making a Matrix 4, that would've been the one thing I'd bet money they'd do for the film.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I showed my whole family the TLC Tugger episode of How To with John Wilson last New Year’s Eve and it was the hardest I’ve ever laughed at other people’s reactions.

I literally just said this on discord but yesterday I watched the latest ep (205) and my mum got to see me cry over Avatar superfans. It really is such a fantastic show.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm very late on the Succession train but I finally caught up, and I thought it was funny that Tabitha wasn't in season 3, and Jess disappeared near the end, probably because the actors both went on to do two different post-apocalyptic plague shows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I started listening to the Always Sunny podcast and it is pretty fun. Ostensibly it is supposed to be a rewatch podcast where Glenn, Rob and Charlie watch the show in order with each podcast episode being about each show episode but really it is just the three of them screwing for 30 minutes and sometimes talking about a related subject. That is if it doesn't get derailed like Glenn starting to talk about the first time he got drunk but instead Rob gets him to tell the story where Glenn (accidentally) hung himself at a Christian camp.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

anyone watching station 11? it's got a certain shakespeare-based pretension to it, but kind of fun so far too? no idea where it's going.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

abelwingnut posted:

anyone watching station 11? it's got a certain shakespeare-based pretension to it, but kind of fun so far too? no idea where it's going.

I’m watching and loving it. The book was good and this has been in line.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
put on the first episode of Murder She Wrote, never seen the show, only vague ideas about what it's like

Instantly I am absolutely, utterly in love with Angela Lansbury :allears:

The whole show is just like... Better than I was expecting lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Diagnosis Murder was also good from what I remember.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Aardvark! posted:

It's definitely much more fun than you would think, but goddamn that sleepy town's lake would be full of corpses by the end of season 2.

Also no one finds it weird that this murder mystery author just has piles of death following her wherever she goes like "oh dear... I took a Wine Train out to the vineyards and the Dutchess of Morennany just randomly was poisoned in the trip!"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 27, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My grandfather loved Murder, She Wrote, mainly because he was already 80 when it went on the air and so he fit the target demographic.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Jean Marc Valee the director of Big Little Lies, Sharp Objects, Dallas Buyers Club died. No news on cause of death yet.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Do we have a picture of Angela Lansbury?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

She bedknobbed his broomstick!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xiahou Dun posted:

She bedknobbed his broomstick!

Worse ways to go

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

put on the first episode of Murder She Wrote, never seen the show, only vague ideas about what it's like

There's an episode about virtual reality that despite being around 25 years old still has her making pretty on-point arguments about both the merits of video games and the importance of good game design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I started a rewatch of Blackadder on Christmas and forgot how great it was. Such great casting, especially Brian Blessed constantly shouting :allears: