Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i haven't seen gabe hicks DM before and his energy really works with this group, this ep is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

It was chaos.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

On reflection I think I'd like to see Gabe GM a less insane group. He is really putting in the effort here and I'm afraid it's just going to spiral out of control completely. I laughed my rear end off throughout and I think the characters and players are really funny but am I wrong in saying that the amount of effort he seems to have put into this deserves something a little more?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

lemonadesweetheart posted:

On reflection I think I'd like to see Gabe GM a less insane group. He is really putting in the effort here and I'm afraid it's just going to spiral out of control completely. I laughed my rear end off throughout and I think the characters and players are really funny but am I wrong in saying that the amount of effort he seems to have put into this deserves something a little more?

I noticed that too. How many clubs did he list off to have them join, only for the main part of it to be "Ooops, dude got turned into a vampire spawn and now we have to deal with it". This seems like a bit too much chaos.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the picture that gnome sent is of his actual eggplants he grows? I mean, Gabe kept referring to their garden and the great eggplants he grows.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

seaborgium posted:

I noticed that too. How many clubs did he list off to have them join, only for the main part of it to be "Ooops, dude got turned into a vampire spawn and now we have to deal with it". This seems like a bit too much chaos.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the picture that gnome sent is of his actual eggplants he grows? I mean, Gabe kept referring to their garden and the great eggplants he grows.

Yeah I figured it was just a picture of an eggplant. He literally sent an eggplant emoji just before that too. Plus the reaction when they tried dragging him with some of the other NPCs was kinda telling that he's a pure and nice Gnome. They seem really judgy in general in a chaotic neutral on cocaine sort of way. Cleets was a dirty human (assuming he's related to John Henry or something) and the gorgon girl and cubey both got treated badly.

Also I like Ify playing a low key sad boy but nobody seems to be noticing and he's just a hair joke at the moment.

lemonadesweetheart fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 11, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's literally a dating game and he seemed to be having a great time, i don't think there's some Main Plot that the characters are disregarding

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

eke out posted:

it's literally a dating game and he seemed to be having a great time, i don't think there's some Main Plot that the characters are disregarding

I get that, I totally do and it is fun but the only one who seems to be even trying to get a date is Tuti :)

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Adventuring party is definitely worth checking out.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This week's Game Changer was pretty middle of the road but the second bonus round was an all-timer just for Grant's reaction to the special guest.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Jess was definitely pretty good in the latest one, but yeah overall not as great as Sam Says. Beats out some of the snoozers from past seasons like the feed the mouth one or the assembly line.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

enki42 posted:

Jess was definitely pretty good in the latest one, but yeah overall not as great as Sam Says. Beats out some of the snoozers from past seasons like the feed the mouth one or the assembly line.

I actually liked the mouth one, but yeah, the assembly line felt like it needed a couple more drafts and a bit more actual 'game' to work.

I think it might be funny to do one with Trapp on and just have it be Um Actually.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Goat house!
https://twitter.com/quiddie/status/1462680213028950016?s=20

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I feel like i'm posting too much in here but I checked out the last bad internet and I thought it was pretty funny.

Shriek Week is also going great. one more week left. The Adventure party is almost always as funny as the episodes too.

Also even though it's not Dropout specific, Battle for Beyond on youtube is really fun too. Bhullar seems to be a really good GM and the cast is first rate.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Y'all know what time it is? Time for noises! :haw:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

At the end of the episode, Zak officially wins 'Make Some Noise', which implies that they're ending it...

But on the Discord, Sam mentioned to folks being sad at that:

quote:

let's just say it's the end of "make some noise" as you know it, and not the end of "make some noise" as you don't yet know it.

...which maybe means they're going to make it into a show? Would love to see it if so.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The World Inferno posted:

At the end of the episode, Zak officially wins 'Make Some Noise', which implies that they're ending it...

But on the Discord, Sam mentioned to folks being sad at that:

...which maybe means they're going to make it into a show? Would love to see it if so.

Yeah, I'm assuming this either means that, or (less fun option) just different contestants

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Yeah, I'm assuming this either means that, or (less fun option) just different contestants

I mean, a series would still imply the less fun option regardless because a series is unlikely to just have the same 3 people for every episode. There are also plenty of other people at College Humor or who are friends with the people in it that are likely to be good at it regardless.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

They should just move them around. Brennan in the middle, Zac on the left, Josh on the right.

lemonadesweetheart fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 30, 2021

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Sam's obvious glee at spending time with his noise boys is incredibly charming. It's wonderful to see a gameshow host that excited just to be there.

Also the gag of keeping Josh in last place was mean. The wereturkey alone deserved like a million points

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 30, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I really liked the gag for Sam's intro catchphrase this time.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Oh god, my phone just rung in with a notification for a new Breaking News: True Facts About Grant Anthony O'Brian (Part 2). I had to stop everything I was doing and watch it right away.

Edit: It does not disappoint

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 11, 2021

Mister Gopher
Oct 27, 2004
I eat my own poop
Soiled Meat

DeathSandwich posted:

Oh god, my phone just rung in with a notification for a new Breaking News: True Facts About Grant Anthony O'Brian (Part 2). I had to stop everything I was doing and watch it right away.

Edit: It does not disappoint

You were not kidding. It is wild.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like they may have stopped counting Brennan's breaks or he could actually have lost!

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012
Grant found answers to the questions everyone else was too afraid to ask. I hope his dad is proud of him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, the first... physical challenge, shall we say, feels more like it's exposing Lily to more public problems than it is Grant.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like they may have stopped counting Brennan's breaks or he could actually have lost!

I could only count one that they didn't count, which was him squawking in shock after the reveal of the 2007 photo of Grant. It wasn't really a laugh though, so I guess I can see why. Still, I really do think it should count. That aside, I think this is the most Brennan has ever broken, and the sheer shock on his face when he had to give his pseudonym for the bit based on Grant's oral history was great. Why does Grant agree to this, though? I originally thought the first was for something in Total Forgiveness (which I haven't seen), but now there's two. I know they take the piss out of him for his sexual history at times but masochism is about the only thing I can think of that would drive doing this twice. I honesty don't know what the best part of this was; Grant just giving up trying to explain parts of it, or his desperation to try and cover other parts ("It was more complicated than that!"), Lily's discomfort with Grant after a few seconds of him licking her shoes, Brennan trying to work out the math of the 50; there's a lot to choose from.

It's cool that everyone is so chill with him about it though, at the very least. There's some really shocking poo poo in there, and they're just fine with all of it, beyond lightly ribbing him over it. Lily and Grant are pretty drat flexible too.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Fifty!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jesus Christ.

True facts part 1 really was just the tip of the iceberg, wasn't it.

Anyway, here for Grant's expressions.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Dec 11, 2021

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
How can one man have lived a life of such hedonism? I mean, the fact that there was enough for a second episode and the stuff in the second was somehow worse. And it's obvious he's not too protective of any of his past, because how would anyone know most of these stories unless he was just sharing it openly. But god drat, man.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

"they had parties underneath a supermarket in brooklyn"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The multivitamin one was the best, to be honest, because the others he's aware of the reasons it's shameful or shocking. That one he's literally about to ask "Am I the rear end in a top hat?"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

absolutely fantastic gamechanger, sam unable to hide how happy this makes him lol

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I was so impressed with how well they were able to improvise that whole thing. Huge credit to that pianist too!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Olanphonia posted:

I was so impressed with how well they were able to improvise that whole thing. Huge credit to that pianist too!

the only reason it's no surprise is that their podcast is absolutely insane and they do this so often they are probably the best people in the world at this skillset lol. zeke did a really good job keeping up

also yeah scott passarella is nuts, glad they included him

eke out fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 29, 2021

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006
This might be the best Game Changer episode I've seen, and that is saying something with how many good episodes there are. And agreed about the pianist, it takes a lot of skill to improvise alongside the players like that.

I definitely need to check out the players' podcast.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

tmm3k posted:

This might be the best Game Changer episode I've seen, and that is saying something with how many good episodes there are. And agreed about the pianist, it takes a lot of skill to improvise alongside the players like that.

I definitely need to check out the players' podcast.

off book is really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivf58k53nu0

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

That was basically just Off Book in video form, and that's A-OK. They're so wildly good at what they do.

Mister Gopher
Oct 27, 2004
I eat my own poop
Soiled Meat
I was expecting a Whose Line Hoedown, was not prepared for that level of quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like Sam decided at some point that no corporate masters to answer to meant gently caress it, he's just gonna have his favourite comedians do funny sounds and songs for him.... and maybe he'll post it on the internet at some point.