Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Krispy Wafer posted:

I thought Ticketmaster had it's own brand that resold tickets as well. I can't seem to find anything on that now though, although my Google search for 'loving ticketmaster scalping scheme' does brings up lots of details on TradeDesk.

I may not have worded it correctly but TradeDesk is a Ticketmaster product. They also have Ticketmaster Resale that integrates with Ticketmaster for reselling tickets. So a scalper can use 100's of Ticketmaster accounts to get around ticket limits, use Ticketmaster's TradeDesk to link them all to one TradeDesk account, then use TradeDesk to list them on Ticketmaster Resale for a huge profit. Somehow this is not Ticketmaster helping scalpers. And Ticketmaster benefiting from collecting fees for the original sale, resale, and TradeDesk account is completely unrelated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Anyone else feel like CVS stores are always an unpleasant experience? Walgreens manages to not be but for some reason CVS always is to me.

Every CVS I go to is so wildly different that your experience makes sense to me. On my greater block (the areas between the 4 stoplight intersections) there are two CVS and they're very different. One has a giant liquor section and furniture and completely different things in the frozen section. Which I guess makes sense in a way. The weird one is also completely falling apart, since it was an Osco when I got here (which was weird to me, since all the Oscos went away a long time ago in Southern CA) while the other one is fairly new and gets renovated like every six months so they can add whatever clinic or vaccine hub or cpap show floor or whatever they're doing this season.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

McPhearson posted:

I may not have worded it correctly but TradeDesk is a Ticketmaster product. They also have Ticketmaster Resale that integrates with Ticketmaster for reselling tickets. So a scalper can use 100's of Ticketmaster accounts to get around ticket limits, use Ticketmaster's TradeDesk to link them all to one TradeDesk account, then use TradeDesk to list them on Ticketmaster Resale for a huge profit. Somehow this is not Ticketmaster helping scalpers. And Ticketmaster benefiting from collecting fees for the original sale, resale, and TradeDesk account is completely unrelated.

Holy gently caress I always thought Ticketmaster was foul, but thats just evil.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

DreadUnknown posted:

That's just good business!
:capitalism:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DreadUnknown posted:

Ticketmaster is probably my #1 "I loving hate using you and giving you money but you have a monopoly" site on the internet

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

vyst posted:

Ticketmaster is probably my #1 "I loving hate using you and giving you money but you have a monopoly" site on the internet

Well, there's always AT&T.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

It was a hoot opening this thread after a while and seeing a crossposted quote from me, and it's not even to make fun of me. I feel so noticed :3:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The other day, my partner and I watched that documentary about the Von Dutch brand. Figured it kinda fit this thread.

https://www.hulu.com/series/the-curse-of-von-dutch-a-brand-to-die-for-a3e41c91-6c42-40f0-810c-ee6e91a528d7

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.
So it's been pretty clear my own company is circling the drain for a while (got bought out, major redundancies, CEO quit, the usual), but today's email (following a resuffling to fit people from a closed down office into the HQ) really sealed the deal:

quote:

We hope everyone is enjoying their new office space.
Some HQ office news and updates to share:
1. *Custodian Staff*'s free homemade breakfast - Sorry to inform you that *Custodian Staff* will take a long leave, and we will temporarily cancel the breakfast from Dec. 16th. Let's wait for *Custodian Staff*'s return!
2. Separation of Floors - *My Department* will move to 2F directly. We have left a lot of nice furniture in Bl & IF, if you are willing to purchase any of them, we will offer you a nice package as
well; what are you waiting for, email *REDACTED* for more information.
3. Lockers& Storages in Bl - Personal lockers will be demolished by the end of next Friday. Please clean them out as soon as you can. We need your cooperation to clean out all storage rooms in BI&IF as well.

And, yeah, already looking for other positions.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know which parts of the business are being shut down, consolidated, disassembled, and demolished this week. Nothing else to report, just some totally normal news, keep on working!

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

see if you can snag a good office chair

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Stexils posted:

see if you can snag a good office chair

*Snag* is the optimal word here, they literally don't have the money or structure to notice

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1468660422983266306

quote:

Three of the companies top communications executives -- Tanya Gillogley, head of public relations, Melanie Hahn, head of marketing, and Patrick Lenihan, VP of communications -- all resigned, according to multiple media reports.

CEO: I need to justify the $25 million bonus I received last year. Can you spin 900 layoffs before the holidays in a positive light?
PR: Nope, we're out!

:lol:

Now the CEO is taking a paid vacation because his $multi-million job is too tough on him. :qq:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1469343679424999425

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Doggles posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1468660422983266306

CEO: I need to justify the $25 million bonus I received last year. Can you spin 900 layoffs before the holidays in a positive light?
PR: Nope, we're out!

:lol:

Now the CEO is taking a paid vacation because his $multi-million job is too tough on him. :qq:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1469343679424999425

A recent episode of Streetfight went over this and good lord this CEO sucks.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1476602048238002187

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol if you don’t think Tesla won’t go up from that

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol if you don’t think Tesla won’t go up from that

https://twitter.com/phdhaver/status/1476603540118380548?s=21

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Tesla is a meaningless meme price at this point, but usually that would indicate relief because shareholders were worried that an an even greater proportion of products might have been defective.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
It honestly feels like it’s some sort of load bearing stock that can’t be allowed to crash at this point, because if it did it would take the entire market with it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nucleic Acids posted:

It honestly feels like it’s some sort of load bearing stock that can’t be allowed to crash at this point, because if it did it would take the entire market with it.

Its probably this. Too big to fail.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Biplane posted:

Its probably this. Too big to fail.

Tesla absolutely makes sense as the too big to fail stock of the post-irony era. 'The economy' is literally just a synonym for the confidence of psychotic billionaires believing in the collective delusion of their personal superiority and Musk is their messiah.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Strategic Tea posted:

Tesla is a meaningless meme price at this point, but usually that would indicate relief because shareholders were worried that an an even greater proportion of products might have been defective.

We had to close half our restaurants yesterday because people were dying from food-borne diseases. Now, our franchises are 100% disease-free! Our value is skyrocketing!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"As GM goes, so goes the nation."

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Tesla represents 4% of the Nasdaq index. You could erase the whole company and the exchange would only have gained 16% in 2021. Tesla is not too big to fail.

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 06:57 on Jan 1, 2022

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Krispy Wafer posted:

Tesla represents 4% of the Nasdaq index. You could erase the whole company and the exchange would only have gained 16% in 2021. Tesla is not too big to fail.

You seem to think objective reality matters anymore. You sweet summer child

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Biplane posted:

You seem to think objective reality matters anymore. You sweet summer child

Objective reality and the stock market often separate. Which is why it’s good that the stock market isn’t the economy.

Tesla is overpriced, but it’ll probably be fine even if it’s stock is worth half as much. That is, unless they pulled an Enron and used stock as collateral for loans.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Krispy Wafer posted:

Objective reality and the stock market often separate. Which is why it’s good that the stock market isn’t the economy.

Tesla is overpriced, but it’ll probably be fine even if it’s stock is worth half as much. That is, unless they pulled an Enron and used stock as collateral for loans.

"The Stock Market isn't the economy".

What country are you living in? Last I checked the US is very much the Stock Market.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

THE ECONOMY IS BOOMING, WHY, JUST LOOK AT THE STOCK MARKET!!! Ignore everything else but please, PLEASE look at the stock market

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

RagnarokZ posted:

"The Stock Market isn't the economy".

What country are you living in? Last I checked the US is very much the Stock Market.

It’s a section of the economy sure, but it can often be completely disconnected from the day to day economic experiences of the working class.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the stock market rising is meaningless but it will destroy your life if it falls

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Stocks are up in general today but some of the meme stocks of the summer (AMC/Nokia/Gamestop) are way down today. My conclusion there is that the normal person is bailing but of course I am just making this up on the spot and know nothing.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Rick posted:

Stocks are up in general today but some of the meme stocks of the summer (AMC/Nokia/Gamestop) are way down today. My conclusion there is that the normal person is bailing but of course I am just making this up on the spot and know nothing.

But what do you charge for your analysis? WHATS YOUR SECRET?!!!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Icon Of Sin posted:

But what do you charge for your analysis? WHATS YOUR SECRET?!!!

They'll never tell, but cumshitter will get you all the secrets you'll need

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thecluckmeme posted:

They'll never tell, but cumshitter will get you all the secrets you'll need

Not anymore lol

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Capital Under Management is no more.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

christmas boots posted:

It’s a section of the economy sure, but it can often be completely disconnected from the day to day economic experiences of the working class.

Sure, like most of the economy, and yet making number bigger remains the one guiding principle of our time.

E: the world is on fire, diseased, will probably flood and kill 80% of the human race in the next 50 years,wars are looming on the horizon... but have you looked at the markets my dude? They are booming! Best continue exactly like we always do.

Biplane has a new favorite as of 14:25 on Jan 5, 2022

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Biplane posted:

Sure, like most of the economy, and yet making number bigger remains the one guiding principle of our time.

E: the world is on fire, diseased, will probably flood and kill 80% of the human race in the next 50 years,wars are looming on the horizon... but have you looked at the markets my dude? They are booming! Best continue exactly like we always do.

There are perfectly banal first hand accounts during the Great Mortality of people living their lives like nothing was going on and that was exponentially worse. There's a diary of the last plague outbreak in London where the merchants are all like, "welp the rich people are fleeing the city again, time to go to work and risk some buboes."

Human nature I guess.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Not anymore lol

Uh-oh, what'd I miss

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

cspam brain worms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
had to come into this thread because I noticed it's still somebodys job to update the Kmart Twitter