Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

the remastered version is "fine" (looks like poo poo because it was done by pollacks). the real dark souls begins by reading the before i play wiki in its entirety for all games, consulting 20 different for build tips, watching an entire lets play (one sanctioned by slowbeef, the inventor of lets plays hopefully), reading the fextralife dark souls wiki, and donating to the fextralife wiki donation. once you've done all this you MAY be ready for the ultiamte gaming challange ahead aka holding the shield button while circle strafing the monster you locked onto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the remastered version is "fine" (looks like poo poo because it was done by pollacks). the real dark souls begins by reading the before i play wiki in its entirety for all games, consulting 20 different for build tips, watching an entire lets play (one sanctioned by slowbeef, the inventor of lets plays hopefully), reading the fextralife dark souls wiki, and donating to the fextralife wiki donation. once you've done all this you MAY be ready for the ultiamte gaming challange ahead aka holding the shield button while circle strafing the monster you locked onto

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

END OF Q3 CHECK-IN

• all the yakuza games 3-7 (beat 3 and 4, almost done with 5)
  • la-mulana 2
  • SMT5 and the nocturne remaster (in progress)
  • SaGa frontier remastered (4/8 endings complete)
  • two other SaGa or SaGa-adjacent games i haven't beaten (saga frontier 2, unlimited, last remnant, treasure of the rudras, legend of mana)
  • bravely default 2
  • disco elysium
  • monster hunter rise
  • stardew valley 1.5

killin' it. i pulled the gagharv trilogy off the list because it couldnt steal it easily. sorry nene. otherwise i just need to beat nocturne, grind some saga frontier endings, beat treasure of the rudras or sf2, and wait for smt5 to come out. my original post said that i wanted to cross off six things from the list and i already did that, so honestly everythin else is gravy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

I'd like to 1CC Ketsui Deathtiny and finish acquiring all titles in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

I started playing Ketsui again. I can almost beat Stage 2. The 1CC is basically within my grasp.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

im adding to my goal bc earlier this year i made a big list of every game i owned that i still havent played, or enjoyed but never finished for whatever reason, and have been slowly working my way through them (either beat or play a few hours) and want to finish at least all the pc ones this year. heres the list now

Complete
Red Faction: Armaggedon
Call of Duty: Advance Warfare
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
Painkiller: Black Edition
Q.U.B.E.
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
Undertale
Killer is Dead
The Witness
Hollow Knight

Incomplete

Dishonored
428 Shibuya Scramble
La-Mulana
Root Double -Before Crime*After Days Xtend

i have stuff on ps2, ps4, saturn, wii u and switch to work through too evnetually.

And updated this list.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff posted:

goals for 2021

- Beat ring fit
- Dq11 all ultimate gear +3, new superboss defeated. already have the final recipes
- beat nioh 2
- beat yakuza 6
- beat yakuza 7
- complete mario 3d world
- complete nsmbu

thats it for now that I can think of

drat I did one of these things lmfao. loving sick. i guess i have 3 months left for a mario mania and a lot of yakuza (thisdswilklnot happen)(

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
play game, then another game

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Nutmeg posted:

i'm going to do the first part of this at least.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I have failed this years goals. Couldn't bring myself to continue for a couple months after yakuza 4, and then put yakuza 5 in the proverbial sock drawer after doing all of shinada's substories and closed without saving.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

• all the yakuza games 3-7 (beat 3 and 4, almost done with 5)
  • la-mulana 2
  • SMT5 and the nocturne remaster
  • SaGa frontier remastered (4/8 endings complete)
  • two other SaGa or SaGa-adjacent games i haven't beaten (saga frontier 2, unlimited, last remnant, treasure of the rudras, legend of mana)
  • bravely default 2
  • disco elysium
  • monster hunter rise
  • stardew valley 1.5

i wanted to complete six items and i completed six items nd three half items, so i succeeded at my goals this year

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

2021 goal achieved

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Finish the Dragon Quest series (finish 5, then 6-9 and 11)

Play all the Final Fantasy remasters (7 through 10-2, 12, and the 13 trilogy)

Finish all 4 routes of Fire Emblem: Three Houses (I think I can finish the third in the next few days and then I’ll only have the Black Eagles/side with Edelgard path left.

Speaking more generally I’m aiming for 2021 to be the Year of the JRPG, so I probably won’t be able to finish all these along with all the other JRPGs I’ll be trying as well, on top of all the non-JRPG games that I’ll still be tempted into occasionally, so it’s more of an aspirational goal than a realistic one, but this is what I’ll have in mind this year.

It was definitely the year of the JRPG, the last 6 months or so were dominated by SMT games and Persona 5. I didn’t make much progress on the specific game goals, though, I did finish all FE3H routes but none of the final fantasy games, I finished Dragon Quest V but got sidetracked by other games partway through VI (I think by SMT so at least I stayed in the JRPG realm).

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

welcome posted:

Dragon Quest XI, probably IX, maybe VII
Yakuza 0
The Saga games until I get confused in Romancing Saga 1 again and quit
SpaceChem
DROD
Alternately, Slay the Spire dailies all year rather than any of that

Not feeling up for DQVII yet, played through VI too recently. How long is IX if I skip the post game BS?
Averaging about 30 minutes of progress in RS2 per month, this game stresses me out.
Failed to install SpaceChem on tablet.
Successfully installed DROD on laptop.
Finally kicked the StS addiction but now Yakuza has severely derailed my plans...

No further progress other than several rooms in DROD. I blame Kiryu.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Thinking I want to make this the year of the JRPG as well, specifically PS1/PS2 RPGs. Started a Wild Arms playthrough the other night and I've got Breath of Fire III going as well...

Well, I did beat a bunch of JRPGs this year… Wild Arms, DQ4-6, SMT Nocturne. Not too bad imo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

i have a terrible habit of starting a game and even if i really like it, i'll put it on hold to start a different one, so they just pile up over time. i'm gonna make my goal to beat all the games i can remember being partway through recently before i pick up anything new.

• Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Yakuza 0
  • Amid Evil
  • Doom Eternal
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 64 (120 stars)

ultimately failed as there's just too many games out there to stop myself from playing them, though i have been more inclined to finish the ones i've started

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

im adding to my goal bc earlier this year i made a big list of every game i owned that i still havent played, or enjoyed but never finished for whatever reason, and have been slowly working my way through them (either beat or play a few hours) and want to finish at least all the pc ones this year. heres the list now

Complete
Red Faction: Armaggedon
Call of Duty: Advance Warfare
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
Painkiller: Black Edition
Q.U.B.E.
Yakuza Kiwami 2

Incomplete
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
Undertale
Killer is Dead
Dishonored
The Witness
Hollow Knight
428 Shibuya Scramble
La-Mulana
Root Double -Before Crime*After Days Xtend

i have stuff on ps2, ps4, saturn, wii u and switch to work through too evnetually.

i wound up playing all of these exceot Root Double, so id say this Goal was a Success. i have had 11 months to collect a Mini Crown Crystalbeard Uragaan to finish 100%ing MHGU and it did not happen. Next year though for sure, i already drove myself insane hunting the other 99% of crowns so it would be ludicrous to leave it there.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my goal was to play a video game and i did

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I turned myself into a gamer Morty!!!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

b_d posted:

i didn't set any goals and i'm doing great. just playing what i want to whenever.

i succeeded.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Same here, I believe.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I burnt out on Yakuza about halfway through the year, but I've basically met every other goal. I will eventually start up the Yakuza train again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Absolutely failed my gaming goals and what’s worse is that going back to the start of the thread to see what they were re-exposed me to an rear end roasting.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My gaming always takes a dive in the summer and never really recovers. IDK why

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My gaming always takes a dive in the summer and never really recovers. IDK why

Same. I game plenty but like, if anything distracts me from gaming it can be months before I get back into more than the occasional sit down.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

-Improve my Sonic CD time by 1 minute
-Learn more than the basics of Puyo Puyo
-Get all cups in Pocket Card Jockey
-Fight all EX deviants in MHGU (time running low on this one)

more to come probably

I got slightly better at puyo I guess. Pocket Card Jockey is still a work in progress and In Training stopped playing MHGU. I didn't play Sonic CD this year.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i dont remember what my goals were but i defeinitely didnt achieve them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Brasseye posted:

Yakuza 0, earthbound, disco elysium, hopefully whatever yakuza game comes after 0... yakuza 1?

keeping it short because I will end up playing many many hours of the new Isaac expansion when that comes out

I beat all the yakuza games except 4 and 5. need to play more disco elysium this year