Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Betty White posted:

Don't try to be young. Just open your mind. Stay interested in stuff. There are so many things I won't live long enough to find out about, but I'm still curious about them

Pour a 40 out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Happy new year goons, may 2022 bring you a lot less shittiness than 2021.

Imma go watch the neighbors’ fireworks then hit the sack.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Elviscat posted:

running into an undersea mountain on a submarine, thinking I was no poo poo about to die, crushed to death at the bottom of the ocean.

What a fuckin' ride.

Congrats on winning gnarliest experience, holy fuckshit. I never signed up, but sub duty would be my last choice. Numbers and statistical risk be damned, I couldn't handle the reality of depth.

My dad finally got back his 1968 Bronco after 2+ years of post-garage fire restoration today, and drove it straight to a new-year's parade route classic cruise - gently caress a test drive. Of course it broke down several times, and I had to go convince him get it flatbedded back with fuel spraying out underneath from an incorrectly installed fuel pump or connection somewhere. He wanted me to towstrap him back the entire ~4-mile Rose Parade route in that condition, but I told him we'd get arrested for ecoterrorism and possibly regular terrorism lol. Old dudes don't give a poo poo. Happy New Years, AI goons!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:allbuttons:

Is there a place where I can read more? :catstare:

I posted about it and our lovely living conditions in Guam afterwards in the Intrnet VFW Navy thread a little.

InitialDave posted:

I remain convinced that Down Periscope is the most accurate submarine movie, in a similar way to knowing for sure the Hot Fuzz is the most accurate UK cop movie.

It's well known for being the most accurate submarine movie.

sharkytm posted:

OPSEC! OPSEC!

That sucks. Fish don't like crashing into mountains. Pressure hulls don't, either. I think I know one of your crewmates.

Rhyno, keep it flowing. We'll be here.

Happy New Year, you fucks.

https://imgur.com/a/pXLT7n4

Fortunately for us the ballast tanks and SONAR sphere make excellent crumple zones.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Combo COVID/flu test came back negative. Dr just shrugged and said probably a cold or allergies.

Still sleeping 12+ hours a day and a mild fever. Could be cedar fever kicking my rear end again, but I don't remember having body aches with it.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I applaud your insanity, $1000 on a tune for a cop-befarted crown vic? :10bux:

No.. she dropped $1200 on a new phone (paid outright, instead of doing a contract or installment plan). The tune itself was $100, the tuner was $420ish.

I don't give her any poo poo about anything she buys. :shrug:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

The Door Frame posted:

Pour a 40 out...

I can't feel bad about her passing.

She lived two weeks short of a century and was in good health and sound mind to the end. That's more than most of us will manage.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

STR posted:

Combo COVID/flu test came back negative. Dr just shrugged and said probably a cold or allergies.

Still sleeping 12+ hours a day and a mild fever. Could be cedar fever kicking my rear end again, but I don't remember having body aches with it.

Cedar fever is off the charts this week. I got back into town and this is the most I've ever been affected (I'm usually not).

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

I can't feel bad about her passing.

She lived two weeks short of a century and was in good health and sound mind to the end. That's more than most of us will manage.

I'm a pro-choice kinda guy, but she lived 100 years on this earth. Fight me.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Happy New Year! :toot:

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Two hours left in this poo poo year; I don’t want to hear any early celebrations. I’m sitting here on the floor with a freaked out dog.

At least my good friend’s house missed the Colorado fires by two streets yesterday. Climate change suuuucks.

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Shameless plug, but I have a lovely ST-70 I’m trying to offload and will sell to a goon for a good price.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649770366-will-vincent-sq7643-st-70-with-nearly-new-power-tubes/

I know better than to say “I’m looking for X” in this forum. I’m twenty grand into the last time I did that, yet I did again. Man I wish I could swing that but right now is a really bad time (for mostly good reasons).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Rightio, time to shank 2021 for good.