Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

TTBF posted:

Andrew and Eric both gave it 4 stars on Letterboxd so don't expect that.

I legit have no idea what their tastes in movies are at this point.

As far as Free Guy- it was a movie I chuckled at a few times the immediately forgot about afterward. Which makes it 10x better the M4trix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I want Ryan Reynolds gone again.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

I legit have no idea what their tastes in movies are at this point.

As far as Free Guy- it was a movie I chuckled at a few times the immediately forgot about afterward. Which makes it 10x better the M4trix.

Eric's disdain of anything animated already made me side eye his taste in things. (jokingly it's just one of those things I can't wrap my brain around not liking or being dismissive of, but hey people got what they like)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

wow, how many of the cats got it?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ho ho ho!

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1475180168012603396

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
This was like a two-minute aside so I'm guessing not, but does anyone remember what episode they discussed the 2002 documentary Cinemania? I noted it down at the time because I was interested, and I finally got around to watching it today, but now I can't remember when they talked about it or what they thought.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

surf rock posted:

This was like a two-minute aside so I'm guessing not, but does anyone remember what episode they discussed the 2002 documentary Cinemania? I noted it down at the time because I was interested, and I finally got around to watching it today, but now I can't remember when they talked about it or what they thought.

I don’t remember what episode, but I remember Andrew loved it and Steve was excited to watch it. I don’t think Cabin had seen it, but knew some of the people who were featured in it.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
it's the Mummy one, I've been listening to it right now

after checking the wiki that catalogues all the bits they do in their episodes

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Oh poo poo, you guys found that so fast. It was at 43:15 in The Mummy episode. Thanks!

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

surf rock posted:

Oh poo poo, you guys found that so fast. It was at 43:15 in The Mummy episode. Thanks!

Decided to re-listen. Hoping 2022 gives us Weisz-ing the Juice Month.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, Agent Smith reciting Barenaked Ladies lyrics in this Matrix episode :lol:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Goddamn this Matrix episode is 11 minutes shy of 3 hours.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Their Keanu sounds exactly like their Brandon Walsh/Dylan McCay.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

dorium posted:

Goddamn this Matrix episode is 11 minutes shy of 3 hours.

I have a 3 hour drive tomorrow, hooray!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Jeez thats like 1.6 star warses

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Man, The VHS Trailer Game just keeps being a delight. Every time Steve just needs to hit play here, I'm excited.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I saw the matrix in the theater in college. I had no idea what it was and went in totally blind. The reveal that they were all in a computer was so totally mind blowing it's to this day one of the best adventures I've ever had at the movies.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Arson Daily posted:

I saw the matrix in the theater in college. I had no idea what it was and went in totally blind. The reveal that they were all in a computer was so totally mind blowing it's to this day one of the best adventures I've ever had at the movies.

I saw the Matrix in the Sears demo room at a mall. I came in at the subway fight and was astounded. I then sat through the credits to watch it from the beginning and I still didn't feel I had anything spoiled when that came up.

To be fair I was a kid and probably only noticed the action and got the story after on a subsequent watch. I still enjoy every moment of it when I rewatched it for this.

Btw I'm so glad they brought back the "Miiiiister Aaaaanderson" bit :ck5:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I've only ever seen the action scenes in The Matrix. My sister would fast forward through everything that wasn't a fight or chase. Same with the sequels. I'm pretty sure I know the first movie well enough though, but those sequels I genuinely know nothing about.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Matrix ep good. I'm going to have to go re-watch that movie before seeing the new one. The matrix was one of the first DVD's we ever got (along with house on haunted hill and ace ventura pet detective) and I vividly remember my dad getting a 5.1 surround system and popping that in to watch the lobby shootout scene and having our minds blown by how awesome it was to have surround sound in our house. Of course all of the subtext was lost to me then and I haven't really watched it since I became an adult so it's good to hear it holds up.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

explosivo posted:

Matrix ep good. I'm going to have to go re-watch that movie before seeing the new one.

You are. I love the new Matrix, but it absolutely assumes you remember everything about the previous films. Which is fine with me, I rewatched all of them over the course of the last few months in preparation. But yeah, I’ve seen some people confused about certain parts that are easily explained by remembering what happened in the previous movies. And that’s fair, they came out a while ago. But it is not a stand alone sequel.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Is anybody else getting stupidly slow downloads from the free feed? It’s taking like three minutes for me to download an episode.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I don’t know about new eps because that happens in the background for me, but when I’ve been doing occasional old eps on the web it’s been way slower initially loading it from omny.fm

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

This is why I am an insane person and just download each ep and store it on an SD card on my phone. And have been doing so since like 2013.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I haven’t been having this issue, but I don’t really notice too much as I let pocket casts auto-download as stuff drops.

American Moviementary is great.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Is American Movie streaming anywhere?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

weekly font posted:

It might be on Shudder.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Doesn't look like it, at least in America

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/american-movie

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

weekly font posted:

For rent on Amazon Prime Video, which I only know because Andrew tweeted about it

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

weekly font posted:

It’s on archive.org which is where I found it

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1477124267447885833?s=21

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Was playing Ocarina of Time while listening to The Matrix episode and started voicing Sheik as Agent Smith. If it'd been earlier I would have definitely done it for that god drat owl.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Was playing Ocarina of Time while listening to The Matrix episode and started voicing Sheik as Agent Smith. If it'd been earlier I would have definitely done it for that god drat owl.

Mister Anderson, would you like me to repeat all of what I just said

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

The most 90's post I've ever read.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Andorra posted:

Mister Anderson, would you like me to repeat all of what I just said

Yes. NO I MEAN’T I HEARD EVERYTHING YOU SAID! Ah dammit.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

"Hey, Mr. Anderson, LISTEN!"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mr. Anderson, what good is a rupee going to do you if you don't have a wallet?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Take this chicken into the castle with you and wait five minutes, Mr Anderson. You'll see why.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It's the wind, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can feel your rains, and every time I do I fear that I have somehow been infected by it. I covet that wind, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

after both him and andrew tweeting about it oh my god do I hope this is an episode