Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Nick Soapdish posted:

It may just be crotchety take but I don't like the Olympics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Pretty sure she'd be laughing harder than anyone at this one:

https://imgur.com/gallery/fyaFk7R

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Bored As gently caress posted:

From the December thread:

Is it true that a gently caress ton of Delta's knowledge, skills, and abilities were passed on through formal and informal trainings to the Rangers, and that over the course of the last 20 years, the Rangers went from being the airfield seizure guys that sometimes did MOUT, to an almost Tier-1 level equivalent when it comes to city fighting, CQB, capture/kill missions?

I've heard and read that in Iraq and elsewhere the Rangers mostly pulled outer / perimiter security for Delta, DevGru, white SEAL teams, and white SF and Green Beret CIF teams, and were the go-to QRF for JSOC, but that they also conducted high profile missions all on their own without Delta backup because Delta passed along its knowledge to its little brother organization.

Reading ans listening to podcasts about this poo poo is the closest I'll ever get to it, but it's fascinating and interesting to me.

The 75th is plenty capable. At one point, one of the regional SOTFs was run by the regiment and they did their own thing. The notion that they’re Delta’s kid brother is super out of date.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

:yeshaha:

Midjack posted:

Extremely wholesome current event resulting in a scholarship to medical school.

Must've been really awkward for everyone, but all's well that ends well :unsmith:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zamujasa posted:

Must've been really awkward for everyone, but all's well that ends well :unsmith:

Yesterday's media availability with the equipment manager is also really good:

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1477392194889728000

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1477393626175090695

Also, it's extremely important to show just how loving awesome her Kraken hat is:

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1477489305702461440

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Burning Beard posted:

On a happy note, I bought my kid a Switch LIte for Christmas and she's already paid Tom Nooks loan off. And she doesn't want more debt so she's collecting bugs or whatever to buy new furniture. Goddamn Animal Crossing is the best Finance 101 thing ever designed.

.....*thinks* I might actually pay five bucks for a Tom Nook murder simulator.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

facialimpediment posted:

Omicron tends to peak pretty hard and fast, so it might be knocked out by then.

The thing is i dont care if i get covid, I dont want to give it to my parents

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Nick Soapdish posted:

It may just be crotchety take but I don't like pros playing at the Olympics

Its beyond a crotchety take as there are no amateurs in the Olympics, the cost of training and competing is too high. There are plenty of college athletes that have had to choose between NCAA and the Olympics. For many of them, its their one opportunity to get their face on a cereal box to try to make up for the debt they incurred to get there.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
yah it's not like Canada is sending random amateurs for their curling team, they all play in the national leagues there

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

paging crab dad

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/mo...CUl1zdBrRvVzZrA

your nemesis has surfaced

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

He might have the "luck" someday to visit Diego Garcia and see a Coconut Crab. Fuckers are enormous.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
In case this affects any of y'all - the Pfizer vaccine's booster is now approved for 12-15 year olds and the booster period for *everyone* with Pfizer is now five months instead of six.

https://twitter.com/megtirrell/status/1478016346113945605

Might take a few days for the CDC to do the final signoff and the pharmacies and such move once the CDC officially gives the go-ahead.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If I got a booster back in September can I get another one now?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

So far, Israel is the only nation that approved a fourth shot. Might want to read up on their documentation on why as well as what a pharmacy might allow you to get here in the states.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

davecrazy posted:

If you're looking for a 4th (or 18th) shot, right now only Israel is offering 4th doses. And that's looking a bit sketchy, as they were going to make it a trial then quickly decided gently caress it, everyone over 60 gets it.

We really don't know a drat thing about 4th doses right now.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

facialimpediment posted:

If you're looking for a 4th (or 18th) shot, right now only Israel is offering 4th doses. And that's looking a bit sketchy, as they were going to make it a trial then quickly decided gently caress it, everyone over 60 gets it.

We really don't know a drat thing about 4th doses right now.

I legit cannot remember if I had the flu shot back in the fall, so I just requested flu shot regardless at my booster appointment. I told my pharmacist lady about the goon that got a shot every time he felt anxiety, said like 22 or so, once every week with a couple of double days. She was shocked that the dude had access to so many.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

KirbyKhan posted:

I legit cannot remember if I had the flu shot back in the fall, so I just requested flu shot regardless at my booster appointment. I told my pharmacist lady about the goon that got a shot every time he felt anxiety, said like 22 or so, once every week with a couple of double days. She was shocked that the dude had access to so many.

Honest people are always shocked at how easy it is to lie and have it work

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

loving lmao our living timbit premier The Coward Douglas Ford is putting us back in lockdown. No indoor dining, no gyms, schools closed another 2 weeks. Coward rear end bitch.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

RFC2324 posted:

Honest people are always shocked at how easy it is to lie and have it work

No idea if that goon actually got all those shots, but if you can ditch your own morality and/or convince yourself that lying is the moral thing, it's easy to get away with it. Maybe you might need a clipboard and a hard hat.

Anyways, welcome back to DC:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1478030480800952321

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BIG HEADLINE posted:

He might have the "luck" someday to visit Diego Garcia and see a Coconut Crab. Fuckers are enormous.

You know if I see shore duty assignment to Diego Garcia it would be worth it because I don’t think I could justify traveling as a tourist to Christmas Island even if it is super cool.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

facialimpediment posted:

No idea if that goon actually got all those shots, but if you can ditch your own morality and/or convince yourself that lying is the moral thing, it's easy to get away with it. Maybe you might need a clipboard and a hard hat.

Anyways, welcome back to DC:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1478030480800952321

Economists like to game theory this poo poo and go all prisoners dilemma, saying the rational course is to take everything for yourself at all times but that ignores repeat interactions. If you know you will have multiple interactions it pays to establish a level of trust and honesty. Lying can pay off if its a one-off and the game theory shows the advantage a liar would have over an honest person in that situation.

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

yah it's not like Canada is sending random amateurs for their curling team, they all play in the national leagues there

Difference between amateur and pro is usually defined by if you take money or not. NCAA said competitors could not take winnings or sponsorships or they would be defined as pros and ineligible for NCAA competition (this has changed now I think). Any call for amateurs for purity reasons or whatever is just a call to exploitation.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 3, 2022

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Yeah it's that time of the year in DC again - glad I decided not to go in to work this morning, the roads are a hot mess at the moment and there's been a decent number of power flickers from trees coming down in the area. Unlike most storms the worst of it is coming down on the I-95 corridor.

It was in the 60s just 24 hours ago, supposed to get down into the teens tonight.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

lightpole posted:

Economists like to game theory this poo poo and go all prisoners dilemma, saying the rational course is to take everything for yourself at all times but that ignores repeat interactions. If you know you will have multiple interactions it pays to establish a level of trust and honesty. Lying can pay off if its a one-off and the game theory shows the advantage a liar would have over an honest person in that situation.

Correct. Long term dishonest interaction falls apart, but if you are just hitting up every walk in in town once every 2 months each, there is no relationship. Go to the places that cater to the homeless, and are used to no ID, and you should be able to get a ton.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Are coconut crab good eating? My opinion of this picture will change based on that.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Defenestrategy posted:

Are coconut crab good eating? My opinion of this picture will change based on that.

They taste like whatever theyve been eating, and as most of them eat garbage, they taste like poo poo.

I imagine if you fed one a diet of fruit for a month they would taste delicious.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I keep buying cans of pineapple from the grocery store and a smile creeps across the cashiers face. Blushing I blurt out "It's for my coconut crab", unprompted. "Oh yeah? Well lemme know how it turns out" They turn away but I can see they're laughing

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Every USAF VIP transport is an Air Force One, you see...

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

*Stair Force One

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Godholio posted:

Every USAF VIP transport is an Air Force One, you see...

Apparently Biden has been doing his many trips to Delaware in a C-32 so the tweet may be correct.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It’s not a mystery, there is video of the president getting off that very plane.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

I keep buying cans of pineapple from the grocery store and a smile creeps across the cashiers face. Blushing I blurt out "It's for my coconut crab", unprompted. "Oh yeah? Well lemme know how it turns out" They turn away but I can see they're laughing

lmao

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

If he'd just stayed as Amtrak Joe we won't have this problem

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

hobbesmaster posted:

Apparently Biden has been doing his many trips to Delaware in a C-32 so the tweet may be correct.

Fair enough, it's a knee jerk reaction.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/MicahPollak/status/1477727474003894274?t=jdZ0fZwVr3lo5J1UGbawPw&s=19

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1478121424564801536?t=f0W2IzFBJks5lt04lM5mqA&s=19

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Jesus loving christ.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Saint Celestine posted:

They taste like whatever theyve been eating, and as most of them eat garbage, they taste like poo poo.

I imagine if you fed one a diet of fruit for a month they would taste delicious.

I also think they're a protected species on Diego Garcia.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

:psyboom:

How can people be this stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1478122088221208577?s=21

…village by village?