Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.
I hate myself so am still trying to play this.

What is the deal with insurance?... so I have less than 12 hours to log in to claim the stuff? How is that reasonable...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Kashwashwa posted:

What is the deal with insurance?... so I have less than 12 hours to log in to claim the stuff? How is that reasonable...

You can change the trader you insure with. I think therapist offers the longest claim time but it's much more expensive

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

one thing that would make this game like 100% better is if they would let us gently caress with our inventories while waiting for the next raid.

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.

Kashwashwa posted:

Something is fucky here because 12 hours is extremely short and against how it actually should work.

Prapor returns items within 24-36 hours and you have 96 hours to collect them.
Therapist returns items within 12-24 hours and you have 144 hours to collect them.
(You also get -20% return time with a level 2 int center).

Might have to do with the inventory servers loving up.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Commissar Kip posted:

Something is fucky here because 12 hours is extremely short and against how it actually should work.

Therapist returns items within 12-24 hours and you have 144 hours to collect them.

dude just has multiple insurances expiring staggeredly as new ones become available. You get 3 days with prapor now

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Pondering what a scav mode where you play as the guys who get the insurance items back would be like.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

now this is gaming

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

Commissar Kip posted:

Escape From Tarkov: Something is fucky here

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What are your favourite night sights? I find the EOTechs bloom way too much despite advertising NVG modes, and the PK-06 has a bit too large of a dot to hit sniper scavs on Customs with their perfect night vision.

E: I forgot about https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Trijicon_SRS-02_reflex_sight which is my go-to for anything NATO but I don't even want to know what they cost right now.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 4, 2022

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It’s so amazingly frustrating accidentally bringing an EOTech to a night run and staring at the radiant sight and then glancing down at the small button at the base of the sight labeled NVG and being unable to push it…

Other sights have various toggles, so why not this one? It’s not like the toggle does anything on them currently (except the one with the flip-on zoom lease I guess).

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
See also clips for the mosin and sks.

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Shake once.

Wrr posted:

Pondering what a scav mode where you play as the guys who get the insurance items back would be like.

This is my new roleplay: scavving in as one of Prapor's goons looking for a shot PMC's insured gear.

VoIPing to PMCs "I'm here on Prapor's orders to get some insured gear, if you kill me Prapor won't be happy", fully expecting some sweatlord to reply "I don't give a gently caress about insurance, I want your sparkplug and life because I'm so afraid of being shot myself I've started projecting my fears and I shoot everything that moves. Didn't you see my subreddit post about how I'm mad I shot Santa and it's unfair I lost karma?!".

// Yes, I made the mistake to check the subreddit again. Why do I keep doing this?

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
Any tips on getting better at seeing people that aren’t moving? A non negligible amount of my deaths are getting shot by people I think I should have seen. In one extreme instance I even recorded my death and still couldn’t see the guy even though the sound of the shot is directly in front of me.

Do you guys leverage hold breath for close to midrange spur of the moment fights? I’m having trouble finding a comfortable keybind and I’m resulting to the RMB press/release tricks that don’t work consistently.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Close range fights should be point fire so holding breath won’t matter.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Commissar Kip posted:

I'm so afraid of being shot myself I've started projecting my fears and I shoot everything that moves. Didn't you see my subreddit post about how I'm mad I shot Santa and it's unfair I lost karma?!".

If you see another player in this game, what's you're first instinct, to jerk them off? I want your can of tall beef and your spark plug, and the XP I get from taking them off your dead body. Fear doesn't play into it at all.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pmc karma is going ot pwn

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

im mad that killing santa caused me to lose karma personally. i don't read the patch notes. wasted all my good car rep on fixing 1-3 santa kills lmfao

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

pmc karma is going ot pwn

It will certainly change the dynamic of the game. People will (probably) be more hesitant to shoot every player on sight.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Santa gets real upset if you kill sanitar and his buddies because they ran screaming and mag dumping out of cottages. He literally waved us over then started blasting.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Toalpaz posted:

im mad that killing santa caused me to lose karma personally. i don't read the patch notes. wasted all my good car rep on fixing 1-3 santa kills lmfao

I didn't even kill him but I shot him once and ran away then got killed by him and for the next few raids any time I killed any scav (not wearing Santa hat or blue hat) I lost karma.

I killed a scav with a tank helmet and lost a chunk of karma, then I shot one wearing no helmet and one of reshala's guards and lost more each time so I just stopped playing because I assumed it was some sort of bug that they'll eventually fix when this dumb event is over.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

It will certainly change the dynamic of the game. People will (probably) be more hesitant to shoot every player on sight.

i'm going to be anti social, poor as gently caress, low level, killing everyone on sight with vpo's and kedr's by the time tarkov is released.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I didn't even kill him but I shot him once and ran away then got killed by him and for the next few raids any time I killed any scav (not wearing Santa hat or blue hat) I lost karma.

I killed a scav with a tank helmet and lost a chunk of karma, then I shot one wearing no helmet and one of reshala's guards and lost more each time so I just stopped playing because I assumed it was some sort of bug that they'll eventually fix when this dumb event is over.

Oh drat, yeah there was a bug like that I think it's been fixed since. I got dumped down to -.9 karma without realizing it during the event.

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Shake once.

Mae posted:

If you see another player in this game, what's you're first instinct, to jerk them off? I want your can of tall beef and your spark plug, and the XP I get from taking them off your dead body. Fear doesn't play into it at all.

You seem to have brought a whole barrel of dish soap to your slippery slope there bud. Watch out you don't slip and get even madder because someone plays the game differently and doesn't shoot everything that moves.

Don't know why you want to jerk people off ingame though. That's not even possible. There are no jerk-off mechanics. You can VoIP though. Maybe you can do a JOI through that?

PMC karma is going to pwn and I'm all there for it.

Commissar Kip fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 5, 2022

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Mesadoram posted:

Only if killing them isn't part of a quest. Though, there really needs to be a team balancing mechanic to incentivize going BEAR to keep overall numbers balanced, right from the selection screen like having a reputation bonus for picking the undermanned side. Of course, they also should introduce the factional skills and flavor in a more noticeable manner, like giving BEARs subtitles for Scav voice lines.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

All PMCs should be buddies. I should be able to hold hands with other PMCs. I want peace to reign at last in Tarkov. I want Kojima to create a special cutscene for Tarkov that plays only when all players are nice to each other.

gently caress scavs tho

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Also I'm terrible at the PVP and the only way I have survived encounters with other player is via VoIP and asking them not to kill me. This in no way effects my desire for PMCs to be friendly (to me).

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Triple A posted:

Only if killing them isn't part of a quest. Though, there really needs to be a team balancing mechanic to incentivize going BEAR to keep overall numbers balanced, right from the selection screen like having a reputation bonus for picking the undermanned side. Of course, they also should introduce the factional skills and flavor in a more noticeable manner, like giving BEARs subtitles for Scav voice lines.

Seems like they will have rogue bears too that roam around on the streets map in that APC. Maybe they will have the same sort of antagonistic behavior towards usecs like the opposite of the rogues on lighthouse. Having AI faction hideouts on several maps may be a way to herd people into the other factions based on loot or quests/bosses.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Wrr posted:

Also I'm terrible at the PVP and the only way I have survived encounters with other player is via VoIP and asking them not to kill me. This in no way effects my desire for PMCs to be friendly (to me).

Same here. I don't know why but I always feel like I can't see the person shooting me/off in the distance. Been playing first person shooters my whole life and this is the only game I have this struggle with (so far).

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Mesadoram posted:

Same here. I don't know why but I always feel like I can't see the person shooting me/off in the distance. Been playing first person shooters my whole life and this is the only game I have this struggle with (so far).

I seem to be able to spot more people after playing with the graphics settings and the postfx.

You can visualize the filters while in an offline match and go find some scav you can barely see and mess with the color gradients until you find one that makes them stand out a bit more. I think I'm using the "boosted" one with contrast and brightness turned up and shadows turned down to low quality and low distance.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I seem to be able to spot more people after playing with the graphics settings and the postfx.

You can visualize the filters while in an offline match and go find some scav you can barely see and mess with the color gradients until you find one that makes them stand out a bit more. I think I'm using the "boosted" one with contrast and brightness turned up and shadows turned down to low quality and low distance.

I will test that out, thank you. Glad to hear I am not the only one.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I am the same way but always chalked it up to me being old and also not knowing where the areas are that almost certainly have people camping out at looking for bozos walking through. I'll have to try those postfx filters too.

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Shake once.

Mesadoram posted:

I will test that out, thank you. Glad to hear I am not the only one.

People are also using NVIDIA DSR to render the game at 4K but downscale it to 1080p. Apparently it makes long distance less pixely.

I’m using postfx myself. Pestily has a video on his settings (sorry, I can’t look it up right now).

Commissar Kip fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 5, 2022

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

BEAR crew 4 life. PMC karma shouldn't matter too much when 90% of the player base is USEC

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hello internet posted:

BEAR crew 4 life. PMC karma shouldn't matter too much when 90% of the player base is USEC

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I wonder if it's the opposite in the Russian version, where everyone is BEAR and there's only a handful of USECs?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I hope when they do release pmc karma they at least show the balance on the sides when you first choose. I don't really care what side I'm on, I just don't want to be on the side that's got the 89% majority.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

did yall see this?

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Shake once.
Yeah, @BatterStateGame is a parody meme account with some funny stuff (@bstategames is their official account).

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Toalpaz posted:

did yall see this?

check the name again

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

my friend is spreading fake news sorry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Shake once.
that's ok, they won't be the first nor the last to be hit with a classic @BatterStateGame prank

another classic: https://twitter.com/BatterStateGame/status/1474846254433648644