Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

Closer to punch cards than cassette probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

All the cool olds are doing Delphi with a side of Ada

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

BlancoNino posted:

Closer to punch cards than cassette probably

I've used both :/

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

I thought C# was Microsoft's attempt at Java.

No that was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_J%2B%2B There is also a D programming language but that was aimed as a simplification of C++ not as a successor to C.

Some nice early :murder: content...

AITA for calling my wife’s friend who dumped off our cat in the woods an idiot and telling her she shouldn’t even have kids

quote:

My wife and I recently heard to relocate quickly due to a major family loss and have had to find fosters for our 3 cats until our house is ready to move in. However we did have a cat we were in the process of rehoming. A friend of my wife’s offered to take her to the humane society for us since I am having a major surgery this week and my wife was moving our entire house on her own while I was working out my last few weeks until my surgery at work. Basically we trusted this friend to take our cat we had been trying to rehome (she was rescued it was never intended to be permanent) and she dumped her in the middle of the woods somewhere. Then told me she felt like she was neglecting the cat because she kept her in a carrier for two days… after she had told us she’d be taking her the morning after she picked her up from us. I told her that she was an absolute idiot, who didn’t need to own animals or have a kid (she’s pregnant) if she could willingly dump and animal who had lived most of their life inside never having experienced the elements. I told my wife she needs to cut her off and never speak to her again because she won’t even tell us where they left her. I was told by the friends brother and sister in law I was over reacting that she was a cat with claws and she would be fine, two of my other friends also told me I went too far calling her an idiot and saying she shouldn’t even be having kids let alone owning animals. AITA for saying what I said and telling my wife she can’t be her friend anymore? (My wife is also very upset)

Who the gently caress needs to ask if you're the rear end in a top hat here?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Hughlander posted:

No that was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_J%2B%2B There is also a D programming language but that was aimed as a simplification of C++ not as a successor to C.

Some nice early :murder: content...

AITA for calling my wife’s friend who dumped off our cat in the woods an idiot and telling her she shouldn’t even have kids

Who the gently caress needs to ask if you're the rear end in a top hat here?

Mustn't upset the pregnant woman. He is a bit out of line telling his wife she can't be friends with her; she should come to that conclusion on her own.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Variable 5 posted:

Mustn't upset the pregnant woman. He is a bit out of line telling his wife she can't be friends with her; she should come to that conclusion on her own.

I checked the comments and he’s admitted that was wrong and has apologised to his wife.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

An uplifting saga from legaladvice

My ex-fiancee is threatening to sue me for ownership of a ring that has been in my family for generations, saying that it "automatically goes to the man". Is this true? Alabama.

quote:

I recently broke off an engagement, due to my ex being a cheating whore. The ring I wore during the engagement was an heirloom willed to me by my late grandmother. It is traditional in my family that this ring is passed to the eldest daughter, and my mother had been keeping it safe for me until I found “the one”. My ex knew this and asked for it when he asked for my mother’s permission to propose. She gave it to him, and he had possession of it for less than 24 hours before he proposed.

Now that we’ve broken up, he’s demanding that I give him the ring back. He’s insistent that Alabama law makes it illegal for me to keep the ring, that in the event that an engagement ends, the ring MUST be returned to the man, period. I looked into it, and all I can find is that the ring belongs to whomever paid for it. When I told him this, he told me that I don’t have any claim on the ring, since I didn’t purchase it, I was only willed it, and that the fact that it was willed to me is irrelevant, since my mother “gave” it to him.

He’s demanding that I return the ring and any information I have about the insurance policy on it (it’s extremely old and much more valuable than your average K Jewelers piece). He says that if I don’t return the ring by Monday, he’ll sue me for it or its value in court.

Can he seriously do this? This ring has been in my family since the 19th century. Does he really own it simply because a) he’s male or b) it sat in his pocket for less than a day? Would the fact that my mother was only storing it for me to keep it safe/maintain the surprise of an engagement matter? It wasn’t hers to give away.

Tl;dr: I was willed a family ring, and my ex used it to propose. Now he says he owns it because he's a man and the ring always goes to the man.

op posted:

He is, indeed, hopelessly stupid. He's still insisting that he didn't cheat on me, his was merely "opening [his] side of the relationship". The day before I left him he told me he wanted an open relationship, and I totally respect polyamory, but since I'm not polyamorous, I don't want an open relationship. He said that that was great news because he didn't want a "fully open" relationship, he wanted me to stay faithful to him but look the other way if he slept with someone else. I was flabberghasted that this educated, formerly apparently kind and normal man could be such a loving moron. I told him if that was what he wanted we were done. He actually had the balls to say, "no, we're not. Love you babe, see you tomorrow!" When I got to his house the next day to get my things, he was loving one of his co-workers. On the kitchen table I built him from scratch. And tried to tell me it was no big deal, since they'd actually been together for months and I'd been "happy the whole time".

Sorry to unload on you. But the point is that yeah, you were right. I dodged an intercontinental ballistic missile sized bullet. I just wish he'd shown his assholery sooner, and I hadn't wasted two years of my life on someone so monumentally selfish and divorced from reality.

I did not. I briefly considered it, but I made that table out of wood salvaged from his childhood home when it burned down, and he's extremely attached to it, and I know he'll never get rid of it. So I hope that every time he sits down to eat at it, for the rest of his life, he remembers what an unfathomable trashvillain he was to me. Knowing that the table will instill him with a lifetime of guilt gives me significantly more satisfaction than the momentary enjoyment I would have gotten out of destroying the table.

Plus, I may not be a professional carpenter, but I'm pretty good for a gal who does woodworking in her brother's basement. I made that thing loving indestructible. No way I'd be going at it without at least my chainsaw. (Which silly me didn't think I'd need when I went to pick up my spare clothes from my WHORE of an ex.)

Update

op posted:

I wanted to say thanks for all of the advice and support I got when I posted on here a while back. I was in a pretty lovely place, and I can't describe how awesome it was to have literally hundreds of people telling me what a pathetic douche-chill my ex is.

As my title suggests, I don't have a thrilling update for you. A lot of you warned me to be on the lookout for him trying to take back the ring himself, which my family and friends were also worried about. I'm very blessed to come from a large family, so on Monday afternoon a few of my male cousins/second cousins/concerned family friends (and their firearms) came to my apartment to "keep [me] company". My female cousins didn't want to be left out, so they came, too (several of them also toting firearms). Through a garbled family phone tree, one of my uncles completely misconstrued the purpose of the "family gathering at ringthrowaway1010's house", and arrived bearing a case of liquor and a massive Publix sheet cake. My grandfather eventually showed up with his banjo and some beautiful pictures of my grandmother wearing the ring in question.

As you can imagine, this turned into one of our better parties, and "ringthrowaway 1010's congratulations on not marrying an rear end in a top hat party" will live on in family lore.

Since my original post I've gotten a lot of extremely nice messages and calls from my ex's family, all of whom are currently not speaking to him. (His brother called me the day after the Table Incident to ask what happened, and I told him the truth, which I can only assume was passed around.) His dad assured me that my ex won't be trying to sue me for the ring, and told me that if I ever hear from my ex again, I should call his dad and he will "bring the pain". He also sent me a gift card for several hundred dollars to Home Depot, in case I ever want to "make a better table for a better man". Hopefully, that will be the last thing about this breakup that makes me cry.

I also got an STI screening, which turned out negative. My gyno said that everything looked "perfect, absolutely pristine". So I may not be getting married in three months, but at least I have pristine genitalia.

Tl;dr: Family came to keep me safe in case ex came back for ring, devolved into raucous family party complete with cake and grandpa on banjo. Ex is experiencing full-on Amish shunning from his family, his dad bought me a gift card to HoDep for future carpentry endeavors. Not only am I STI-free, my vagina is "pristine".

op posted:

No, he surely is not. Obviously my ex can rot in whichever circle of hell is designated for whores (I want to say 2nd but wasn't the most enthusiastic Dante student), but his parents are awesome people, and it makes me sick that they're so torn up about how terribly their son acted. There were a lot of "where did I go wrong"s tossed around when they called me. His dad was so mad he took the table back and told him he didn't deserve it. [emphasis in original]

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

r/relationships: A Better Table For A Better Man

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Haschel Cedricson posted:

r/relationships: A Better Table For A Better Man

r/relationships: at least I have pristine genitalia

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Was that being presented as new? Because I remember it from a thread or two ago.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for causing drama at a family gathering?
A bit back but uh... yeah this is exactly the kind of weird romantic engineering poo poo I've had idiots pull with me in the past so I admire this woman for not straight up torching the venue. Holy gently caress the entitlement of some people.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I was thinking that guns, alcohol, and sheet cake from Publix sounds about stereotypically Alabaman as things can get and then somebody brought a banjo

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Was that being presented as new? Because I remember it from a thread or two ago.

Nah I found it trawling through best of Reddit updates. But it was a fun saga and it has been a while so :justpost:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I was thinking that guns, alcohol, and sheet cake from Publix sounds about stereotypically Alabaman as things can get and then somebody brought a banjo

Holy poo poo, where can I sign up?

vdarknight
Jul 4, 2007

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my boyfriend he was embarrassing us when he started sobbing in the Vet clininc hallway?

last time i took a pet to the vet to be put down a nice lady in the waiting room let me pet her dog while i weeped openly

I imagine I'm very late in responding to this (cos just seen it) but..

My beloved cat had kidney issues. We think it was because she was a rescue kitten from a scrapyard, who had probably been exposed to pollution of the heavy kind. But she was beautiful.
When she first came to us, she was scared, wary and not having a good time. We worked with her and she trusted us. She got ill - we spent a fortune, but the time came when we knew she was done. She was hiding from us, not well and we just knew.

The first injection didn't quite work, so she had to be taken to another room for the finish. I refused to let them take her and carried her to her end in my arms, absolutely sobbing my heart out. The waiting room we had to cross looked really uncomfortable with a 6'4" british crying bloke cradling his dying cat in his arms and I couldn't give a poo poo. (Socially, large british men don't cry - cool thing is if they do, the british don't know how to deal with it and just get baffled).
She died. I took her in her basket and just was broken, crouched down in the carpark. Gutted.
And I still have no shame. I loved her. She should have had longer.
And go gently caress yourself, you evil person who thinks that someone shouldn't express care & love. Why care then?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I'm crying with you just reading that 😭

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

spacetoaster posted:

Holy poo poo, where can I sign up?
"My cousin Jimmy is a Notary, he has the paperwork, hang on..."

*one phone call later someone rolls up on an ATV with a Notary Public logo emblazoned on the front with ROLL TIDE underneath*

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Batterypowered7 posted:

I thought C# was Microsoft's attempt at Java.

No, Java was Sun / Oracle's attempt at C# :v:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

vdarknight posted:

I imagine I'm very late in responding to this (cos just seen it) but..

My beloved cat had kidney issues. We think it was because she was a rescue kitten from a scrapyard, who had probably been exposed to pollution of the heavy kind. But she was beautiful.
When she first came to us, she was scared, wary and not having a good time. We worked with her and she trusted us. She got ill - we spent a fortune, but the time came when we knew she was done. She was hiding from us, not well and we just knew.

The first injection didn't quite work, so she had to be taken to another room for the finish. I refused to let them take her and carried her to her end in my arms, absolutely sobbing my heart out. The waiting room we had to cross looked really uncomfortable with a 6'4" british crying bloke cradling his dying cat in his arms and I couldn't give a poo poo. (Socially, large british men don't cry - cool thing is if they do, the british don't know how to deal with it and just get baffled).
She died. I took her in her basket and just was broken, crouched down in the carpark. Gutted.
And I still have no shame. I loved her. She should have had longer.
And go gently caress yourself, you evil person who thinks that someone shouldn't express care & love. Why care then?

because it violated gender norms and she can't handle it. A man showed intense emotion freely, and she now sees him as less of a man as a result.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

"Asra hasn't responded to any of my texts" hahaha oh what I would give to see those texts

The entirety of the lyrics to Avril Lavigne's 'Girlfriend'

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Quackles posted:

No, Java was Sun / Oracle's attempt at C# :v:

And Javascript is the scripting version of Java :v:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pope Hilarius II posted:

The entirety of the lyrics to Avril Lavigne's 'Girlfriend'

I think I need sleep or a lobotomy or something because I read this as "Artie Lasagna's 'Garfield'"

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

You heard of sister wives?

AITA for being annoyed at my mom for adopting my ex-wife?

quote:

My ex-wife Tara (F32) and I (M36) were together for 8 years, and married for 5. My wife's biological family died when she was very young, she was in an out of the foster care system for most of her childhood but never adopted, and had therefore never had a family.

Tara always had a really great relationship with my mom, often saying how my mom (F61) was like the mother she never had. My mom also joked a few times about how if we weren't married, she would adopt Tara. I never thought much of these jokes, because I never fathomed it would actually happen.

Tara and I divorced 2 months ago after I found out she was having an affair for 4 months. I won't go into details, but it was messy. I decided I want nothing more to do with her. My mom was devastated. She has still kept in contact with Tara (who is now dating the guy she cheated on me with.) I find this a bit disrespectful, but there's not much I can do.

Last week she invited me over saying she needs to talk to me about something. She told me that after many extensive discussions with Tara, she is planning to adopt her, to "give her the family she never had." I admit, I lost it a bit. I flipped out on her, and called her a poo poo mother for putting my ex- wife- who cheated on me- over her own son. I stormed out.

She called me yesterday and asked if I'd cooled down, which I had. I apologised for calling her a poo poo mother, but said my stance was the same. I said how the idea of my ex-wife being my sister made me very uncomfortable, especially having to explain it to others. I said I no longer want to have a connection with Tara, and making us literal siblings forces me to (she disagreed with this.) She said I was being insensitive, that Tara has never had a family etc. I told her if she chooses to adopt Tara, I would have to go no-contact with her for my own sanity. She started crying, called me an AH and said I was emotionally blackmailing her.

How about sister-ex-wives?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Hughlander posted:

This is loving insane. I can't even imagine this thought process. Bitch, she's already in your life, you don't need to adopt her to leave her all your worldly goods and further psychologically scar your son's psyche

God drat what a hosed up monster

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hughlander posted:

What the heck

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Brawnfire posted:

shitpuking himself to dehydration over a pizza

A good pizza is worth dying for imo

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

out of all of the things posted here I think that is the most inconceivable/bizarre

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

What's the best way to find all the "GIVE ME YOUR HOUSE" posts?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

poisonpill posted:

What's the best way to find all the "GIVE ME YOUR HOUSE" posts?

Click https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1641326789 quickly

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for trying to explain my thoughts at the time?

quote:

My best friend got divorced a few years ago, and when they did child support, he insisted on a DNA test on his three kids. It was his oldest that came back, not his. It really messed with his head and mine. I kept insisting my wife get a DNA test of all of our kids. She said no. One night we got in a bad fight about it. She left me with the kids and filed for divorce. The DNA test thing ate at my mind for years, and finally, when we got one, all the kids were mine, but it destroyed my marriage and any relationship I would have with my kids. I stopped visiting because of my guilt. I saw my oldest boy at my mother’s. I didn’t realize he was there and I started crying because I hadn’t seen him in forever. He refused to talk to me. I tried to apologize for my past, and he cut me off. He said my insanity, the DNA test has made us all 100%, not you kids, and we all hate you. I never felt like they would feel that way, even as adults. I tried to explain my mental health and situation. My son just walked away as I told him why I did those things. My son said I still don’t get it, and I’m still peace of poo poo if I try to defend my actions of years ago. My mom said it’s time for me to own up and say what I did was wrong with no excuses. I don’t think I was a bad person. I was confused and upset at the time. The whole situation still makes me angry to this day, and it has destroyed any peace that I have had since I live alone and can’t open up to people now.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

woops

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

easy fix "I went nuts when my best friend got betrayed and became delusional paranoid it happened to me too, I was wrong and regret every moment of it and will work for the rest of my life to make up for that"

No he's still there trying to argue why he was right to do all those things and so sad no one understands him.

Also the little bit about "I avoided my children after that" goes unremarked like loving duh you disappear from the kid's lives don't expect to come around years later and think they'll want to accept your reasons why.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think I need sleep or a lobotomy or something because I read this as "Artie Lasagna's 'Garfield'"
Sign me up for both, because I read yours as 'Artie Lasagna's Garfunkel'. Why yes, I am of a certain age.

vdarknight
Jul 4, 2007

Anticheese posted:

I'm crying with you just reading that 😭

Our vet now lights a candle in the waiting room to let people know that a pet is being put down.

I'm pretty sure it's not 'cos of us, but I like to believe that Fey is still being remembered, however obliquely.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

artie lange's ginflowers

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

lmao thank you. I only found two, but they're pretty good:

quote:

AITA for chosing my STEPMOM over my biological mom?

I am 24F and I just bought a new house. My dad and stepmom contributed too for the house and it looks perfect. My mom left me and my dad when I was 5 because my dad couldn't earn much. A year later he remarried to my stepmom (J). She wasn't what I thought stepmoms would be. She was kind and really talented. I don't have other siblings or stepsister. She basically raised me as her own daughter. She helped through everything (financially too).My biological mom (K) came for me when I was 16. I had grown a hatred for her as she abandoned me. She still was invited to events like my birthday or Christmas. She has a stepdaughter few years younger than me.

So when I bought a new house I expected my stepmom to move in with me as it was closer to the hospital she has to go every 3 months(Diabetes). Before I could move in my mom asked me how many rooms were there. I told her how many were there and she said she and her stepdaughter would move in a week later to CHOOSE the rooms. I told her no as J was moving in with me and it caused a big argument between us. She included J and my dad and said how J brain washed me and created chaos between a mother and daughter. She yelled at me for being raised pathetically and "I gave birth to you so you owe me a lot". Her stepdaughter called me said I was being a bi*ch for not giving her a place to stay. J and I moved in 3 days ago but we still get calls from them telling me to kick J out or K won't see me again. I don't think I am but am I the AH?

Edit: Why they are/want to move in my house? 1) J has diabetes appointment every three months and my dad's place is nearly 2 hour flight + hotel. Living with me can reduce the cost.

2) K's stepdaughter wants to live in the city and in my house so as family we don't have to pay each other. She is broke and jobless. K wants to stay so she can supervise me.

3) My dad isn't involved because he is a peace keeper. He doesn't get angry quickly and doesn't do activities that makes him regret later.

quote:

AITA FOR NOT GIVING MY COUSIN MY GRANDMOTHER’s HOUSE AFTER SHE PASSED

I’m a 27 year old male and my grandmother passed recently. In her will she left me her 4 bedroom 2 bath house. Now before my grandmother passed she was in danger of losing the house because of unpaid taxes. She asked various family members for help but none did. I was in college at the time and I had a huge student refund.

She asked me for $1,500 to settle the debt. She said thank you and we never talked about it again. I didn’t want my granny to be homeless after all. That was about 8 years ago. Fast forward to today and I’m now the owner of a house in the heart of Atlanta. Prime real estate If I do say so myself. I plan on moving in at the end of the month before doing some light cleaning and renovation. Enter my cousin and her kids.

She is upset with me because I got the house. She said because I don’t have any kids I should give her the house because I’m her eyes I got the house for free. I thought she was crazy but a lot of our family is on her side. Stating that it’s hard out here for a single mother. They told me I can buy a house one day because I am a able bodied young man. It will be harder for her because she has two kids. I’m like she chose to have those kids and that isn’t my problem. Everyone is calling me selfish and hell maybe I am but my grandmother wanted me to have the house. I’m I the rear end in a top hat

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
AITA for kicking MIL's stepdaughter out of my wedding?

quote:

I've always gotten along great with MIL's stepdaughter "Maddie" so when I got engaged I asked her to be in the wedding party. MIL and I don't get along so great but she isn't an awful JNMIL by any means. Maddie and MIL have had a bad relationship in the past (MIL broke up her parent's marriage) but Maddie recently had a heart to heart with her dad about how he was pressured into marrying her mom, stayed out of guilt, and feels no one cared about his happiness. Maddie felt bad (and he gave a bit of an ultimatum about how his kids talk to MIL) and she gets along with MIL better these days.

Now this is kind of silly and embarrassing but here we go. My fiancé played a pretty gross prank recently (we joke a lot but I didn't like this) and he asked me to bend down and pick something up in the shower and then he pissed on my head. He thought it was the height of comedy. I was pretty offended. I talked to Maddie to get her opinion before I set a boundary. Maddie agreed it was out of line. We talked, set a boundary, and it's all good.

The other day we stopped by to deliver Maddie's dress for the wedding (she is staying with her dad while her and her fiancé's house is being built) We were hanging out in the kitchen and MIL was making cookies. FIL was poking at her and tickling her, and MIL said oh my god you are so annoying. He laughed and said at least I've never pissed on your head. She said that's true you are forgiven. They both laughed and I was mortified.

I asked Maddie why she told them. She said she just thought it was a funny story, and she's been trying to get along better with MIL these days. I was pissed and said I didn't want to talk about it and left. She texted me that she was really sorry. MIL is a little smug and thinks she's better than me and I did not need her knowing this.

I told Maddie I can't have her in the wedding party because she betrayed me. she said I was overreacting and she's been a good friend. Finally she accepted it and said then I'm out of her wedding party as well, which I expected. Everyone else thinks I'm overreacting.

top comment posted:

I’m sorry why are you marrying a man that pissed on your head?

vdarknight
Jul 4, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

because it violated gender norms and she can't handle it. A man showed intense emotion freely, and she now sees him as less of a man as a result.

Fair enough.
I'll say show me a man who's scared of crying in public and I'll show you a coward.
I don't give a drat if you're bothered by my crying about losing my companion. Who the gently caress are you, that I should care what you think?

It is baffling that the whole masculine thing is don't be scared or have feelings - if you do, then we'll try and make you cry and have feelings. Surely logic would apply at some point.

Tho' I will admit that me being large and apparently scary does me a lot of protection value - people generally don't criticise the big bastards. I'll also state that if I saw someone bigger than me crying - I ain't going near that. Let them do what they need to - they must need to do so.

It's very odd that men can't be allowed to be human, and we know it isn't healthy. But social norms, eh? Pity we can't see the ramifications..

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
ok, how are we feeling re:

r/relationships: I’m sorry why are you marrying a man that pissed on your head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I had to have my best friend put down last week, and yes I was sobbing hard enough that I had to get someone to drive me because I didn't think I was safe to drive.