Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Paladinus posted:

In case it's not blindingly obvious, it's satire.

Nothing in 2022 is satire hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

either you die posting satire or you live long enough to be hauled for your predictions

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jonny 290 posted:

Yes and if you star in The Matrix and sign a contract for 3% of revenue over a five year period, they don't say "woops we acktually can't get you the money, we've got a $400/day withdrawal limit on our checking account, sorry buddy" and if they do you sue the poo poo out of them and get at least damages if not treble

this is literally how Hollywood works lol

return of the Jedi has famously never made a profit on paper thus nobody with points gets a dime

once in a while the studio pisses off someone with deep enough pockets or enough clout to take them to court and settles immediately

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 5, 2022

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Paladinus posted:

In case it's not blindingly obvious, it's satire.

gently caress, I've been owned.

So did that football club post a different gif? What if any of that was "real"?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

return of the Jedi has famously never made a profit on paper thus nobody with points gets a dime

gross points vs net points, a classic.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Wisest Moron posted:

Both accounts are part of the same satirical twitter universe.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Wisest Moron posted:

the football club is fake, it's a joke account

the lawyer who supposedly forced them to tweet the monkey loving was also a joke account

the monkeys loving was not actually a NFT. the whole thing is a fakepost making fun of NFTers, by pretending to be slightly more ridiculous than NFTers already are

the entire thing was fake from the very beginning.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

no it didn't that one dumpy guy from the youtube ads or whatever just bought the brand along with a bunch of other ones and is making radioshackcoins for some loving reason

Stephen Harper
Apr 13, 2011

Canada is a Northern European welfare state in the worst sense of the term, and very proud of it.

EorayMel posted:

Nothing in 2022 is satire hth

https://fartjarsnft.com/ posted:

Fart Jars by Stephanie Matto!

5,000 Fart Jar NFTs. Deflationary mechanics. Explosive NFTs!

100 tokens will be redeemable* for a REAL Fart Jar.
70 tokens will be redeemable* for used panties.
30 tokens will be redeemable* for some of Steph's used lingerie.

*Redeemable via burning.

Carry on reading to see the other benefits for wannabe Fartrepreneurs and people who want to chat with Stephanie!

For the first time ever an NFT project is giving the people what they want: FART JARS! Combine this with the deflationary mechanics, real life redeemable items and utility in the form of access to FART JAR EXTRAORDINAIRE STEPHANIE MATTO via a private discord channel for all holders. We are certain FART JARS will blow you away!

i literally cannot tell if this is real

the website feels like someone from this thread wrote it

Stephen Harper fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 5, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
everything is real and nothing is real, it's crypto after all

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

buttcoin's creed: everything is real, nothing exists

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
it's real, but stored as a float

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/metrouk/status/1478477292951293959 :xd:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Luigi Thirty posted:

once in a while the studio pisses off someone with deep enough pockets or enough clout to take them to court and settles immediately

forrest gump as well also never made a profit because the deal with the original author was for a cut of profits, so he never got a penny from the movie deal

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

njsykora posted:

forrest gump as well also never made a profit because the deal with the original author was for a cut of profits, so he never got a penny from the movie deal

My judgement on this is reserved till i figure out how much of the fuckin boomer hagiography was imported from the book vs how much was injected by zemeckis

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
god i hate that movie so loving much

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

My judgement on this is reserved till i figure out how much of the fuckin boomer hagiography was imported from the book vs how much was injected by zemeckis

it's a pretty faithful transfer from what i remember. the author was so mad about being ripped off that he vowed never to allow his works to be adapted to film ever again, though now that he's dead i don't know what his literary executor is going to do.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
didn't he hate the movie so much he made a sequel where forrest gump travels across history causing massive chaos everywhere he goes? i remember hearing that there was a part where he's responsible for the exxon valdez* oil spill

*that's a boat, not a company

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Boxturret posted:

didn't he hate the movie so much he made a sequel where forrest gump travels across history causing massive chaos everywhere he goes?

gettin sone real neon genesis evangelion vibes off this

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

didn't he hate the movie so much he made a sequel where forrest gump travels across history causing massive chaos everywhere he goes? i remember hearing that there was a part where he's responsible for the exxon valdez* oil spill

*that's a boat, not a company

i don't know if that was the sole reason for it but yeah, he does the exxon valdez and new coke. the sequel opens with a line like "don't ever let anyone make a movie out of your life."

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Midjack posted:

the sequel opens with a line like "don't ever let anyone make a movie out of your life."

some matrix4 energy there lol

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Scarcity equals value so if she's not gonna fart anymore, that means the value of the jars of farts that are already in circulation must go up. They should make a crypto that's backed by fart jars so it can't be inflated by printing more fart jars, and you know that you can always exchange your cash for that sweet sweet tangible gas.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
man who has only seen neon genesis evangelion and no other tv series or movies:

Jonny 290 posted:

gettin sone real neon genesis evangelion vibes off this

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

just imagining every time someone congratulates forest in supercut and forest saying 'gosh'

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

turns out the twist is humanity needed to comes to terms with its demons to merge with forest, the one perfect soul, to reach harmony

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

did i miss this getting posted somehow because i feel like i'd remember it if it was posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHopGox5cU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i've thought "how is this still going" about 4 times watching this

its still going

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
is this another one of those things where it's all fake so I'm supposed to be the fool where I say it looks stupid?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

is this another one of those things where it's all fake so I'm supposed to be the fool where I say it looks stupid?

i mean someone made a real statue of BitcoinMan Gold for people to pose with so it's at least that real

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

like the entire animation seems like its making fun of bitcoiners, and then the entire second half of the video is about how earnest the people who made the animation are and how excited they are about this project, it's very confusing

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

what's in a name, eh? :prepop:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Shame Boy posted:

i've thought "how is this still going" about 4 times watching this

its still going

i dont know why i did this

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

NoneMoreNegative posted:

what does it mean to be "curated on the blockchain"
it sounds like the actual show is totally unrelated to the blockchain bit and they're just using it to hawk lovely souvenirs and gifs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

what does it mean to be "curated on the blockchain"
it sounds like the actual show is totally unrelated to the blockchain bit and they're just using it to hawk lovely souvenirs and gifs

this was announced months ago and unless something's changed since then, yes that's exactly it

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Zamujasa posted:

i dont know why i did this

"I'm a really useful currency", said Bitcoin happily.

"Yes you are, Bitcoin", said Mark.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Dan Harmon really is the antichrist.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1478500436873293828
A Twitter thread that goes into Cryptoland and its whitepaper. It's like they went through a checklist of all the hits.

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1478556977836007427
You have to check a box that says "I am not a US citizen" to mint a parcel :laffo:

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Should have called it Little St. Apes. Lazy through and through.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:hmbol:

https://twitter.com/CharlieShrem/status/1471225426777366542

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
shrem