Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

cinci zoo sniper posted:

the last one hasn’t, large drinks in most of european fast food ive had don’t exceed 500ml

in the states that's smaller than a medium, the large is often 900mL, some chains will go bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i used to stop at a gas station on the way to work, you could buy a big massive jug that could hold 64oz/1.9L. it came with a fill up and cost probably $7 or something. then you could fill it up for a dollar. people were constantly in there filling them up with soda. every day, sometimes more often

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
gotta drink more coff

I had a matcha latte but it may not have had any coffee in it :(

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fart simpson posted:

huge failure that keeps trying and bombing out of the chinese market:

turn your monitor on!!!!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mediaphage posted:

in the states that's smaller than a medium, the large is often 900mL, some chains will go bigger.

i know, i briefly lived in puerto rico. my first american large cup was a 1.75l monstrosity at firehouse subs. it was made out of plastic, because paper would’ve not held that much liquid. that same time and place was my first encounter with a coca cola freestyle machine (at the time i had no idea those exist). im fairly sure i had like a gallon of soda right there, and walked back home with a full cup

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mixing it up a bit with leaf juice and bean juice today.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shaggar posted:

coffee time

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

moka pot this am

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

mediaphage posted:

holy poo poo i just made a two shot decaf americano that was frankly just really good coffee?? the roast looks black as sin (but doesn’t taste it) and it’s been ominously cracking about a bean every twenty minutes for hours now

i’ve mentioned this before but i thought some of the fast food branding in france was pretty good. mcdo does a localized french monopoly game. they ran a tour of the states promotion when i was there in college some time ago. i ordered. gently caress. i dunno the mcwyoming? the mcwisconsin? it was a mcnugget except inside was tomatoes and cheese instead of chicken. went with the heineken on the menu lol.

also i dunno if this has changed in the intervening era but the large drink was a whopping 20oz

can you still get a beer at mcdonald's in france because that was the tip top

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

about to make a pot of seriouus mud

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
prepping for next morning’s coffee is the best part of winding down for the day

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
mmm coffee

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

got some new beans they make a mean cup :coffeepal:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
time for evening coffee

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
can’t believe I’ve had my last coffee of 2021 🥺

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

i got me an electric coffee grinder. fresh is best

coffee makes the INTERLOG come out

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/GBHArchives/status/1476368373948764160

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
can't say I ever heard of them at the time, it was either honeydew or dunkin

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
drank 3 cups to start off the new year.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Work sent us an ember mug for christmas (in a crate with some other stuff), which is one of these battery-powered self-heating mugs with a phone app (at least it seems to be bluetooth only) to set the temperature you want it to idle at, and while I thought it was idiot poo poo IoT, it's actually really nice so I can always have a hot coffee without rushing to drink it before it cools down.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

MononcQc posted:

Work sent us an ember mug for christmas (in a crate with some other stuff), which is one of these battery-powered self-heating mugs with a phone app (at least it seems to be bluetooth only) to set the temperature you want it to idle at, and while I thought it was idiot poo poo IoT, it's actually really nice so I can always have a hot coffee without rushing to drink it before it cools down.

i like the idea of those but i always suck coffee down real quick and if i don't i use a travel mug. i'd totally use it as a free gift tho, that's rad.

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer
i use a thermos. it keeps my coffee hot and doesn’t need to be recharged

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I didn't use thermos for coffee and tea because it keeps heat so well that it can take an hour for it to be drinkable, so I'd rather drink fast & soon than slow never. The mug is just "okay nice now I can get it all" but it is actually not something I'd ever buy for myself either.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
I know a few folks who have those mugs and the main draw vs a thermos isn’t that it keeps your coffee hot, but that it keeps it at the specific temperature that you like, and can notify you when your coffee is at that temperature and then keep it there.

that being said I also drink coffee to quickly for one to be useful!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

MononcQc posted:

Work gave us all one as a welcome to the office gift. Its fine, though the paint is already starting to chip. one of my coworkers has an older one and the paint just compltely peeled off on the inside

otherwise it keeps liquids warm, though it only seems to have about 3-4 hours on a charge so it's dead for the afternoon cup if i forget to charge it

also you can access the cup through any bt device so you don't need to install an app. i use a python script from my work laptop to control it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

MononcQc posted:

I didn't use thermos for coffee and tea because it keeps heat so well that it can take an hour for it to be drinkable, so I'd rather drink fast & soon than slow never. The mug is just "okay nice now I can get it all" but it is actually not something I'd ever buy for myself either.

sure i’m not judging you or anything. like i said i’d use a free one too for sure

in re thermos you can leave a lid off to cool it a bit faster then put it on when it’s good. anyway this is why i like americanos because i add precisely 77°C water. best flavour, perfect temperature.

i know i sound like your typical coffee autist but it’s honestly a big difference.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i use a "bullet" travel cup without the lid. it loses enough heat to the interior metal layer and to steam convection that it's drinkable pretty quickly, but then continues to be reasonably warm for a while after that

specifically this customized one in 12oz size - they label it a 'keep cup' but it's actually one of these. actual keepcups meanwhile lose all their heat to the thick glass instantly

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Lotta fines in the french press lately. probably needs a new screen

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

also haveing coffee

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cat Face Joe posted:

Lotta fines in the french press lately.
I like the ambiguity of this sentence

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

coffee was drank

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

good morning yospos, it’s coffee time ☕️

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

Lotta fines in the french press lately. probably needs a new screen

prolly, grinders can age too but idk how much u really cofe

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
it is a two-pot day

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
aka, "friday"

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
gonna brew the afternoon batch soon

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

not motivated today

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

post hole digger posted:

not motivated today

have a cofe

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

is this a three cup afternoon? i think it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
gotta make some more coff to fortify myself for having to work on the Lord’s day