Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is the boba fett show any good (mandalorian s1) or a piece of poo poo (mandalorian s2)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nvm i don't want to watch it. It's too late. i'm simply over it

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

nvm i don't want to watch it. It's too late. i'm simply over it

fortune smiles on ye

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’ve only watched episode 1 thus far but I found it kind of bland, seems very focus grouped. I have not seen any of the Marvel stuff that I know Disney also does but it seemed like my idea of that stuffed like focus grouped for white guys who look like me but aren’t ashamed of it.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Boba Fett coming out after a lot of people saw Dune after previously knowing nothing about Dune makes all the stuff Lucas lifted wholesale from Dune much funnier

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It looks like some folks took my advice and bought Ghosts

https://twitter.com/dicek2g/status/1478744998304567297?t=gyG8LnZK2P11fS9B9ELIGg&s=19

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

The second episode of Boba Fett was miles better than the pilot, I dug it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Stroker Ace posted:

The second episode of Boba Fett was miles better than the pilot, I dug it.

I’m definitely gonna keep watching, been wanting a show like this since I was a kid glad it gets better, just the way they did the sarlac dirty was lame to me

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

why da gently caress are there two star wars show right now and both are about devil-may-care bounty hunters with hearts of gold wearin the same god darn armor set during the same time period in a freaking limitless universe. you could have set it in -12309 and had it be about god darn whatever. jeez louise. you just take genghis khan and give him a lightsaber or some poo poo. how hard is it to write star wars. alexander the great boom he's got a death star. 3 seasons outta that i could give you easy. goddarn boba fett.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

This is a very good game.

I mean, you can pet a fox in it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I shouldn’t have made fun of my wife for being a Kohls pervert becuase here I am now, an hour before AEW, in Kohls, looking at pants.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

the last time I was in a Kohls a dude on his phone spilled an open can of house paint that he was returning to Amazon on the floor and I thought about how I would have died of shame if I dumped paint onto a store that didn't even sell paint but he just held his hand up and waved a sad employee over like it was fine

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My one boy hasn’t worked at Kohls in over 10 years (we both now have regular office jobs) but you know every time I’m inside of one I text him asking where he is.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard is Iki island worth playing, I platinumed ghost regular, my bro also has ps5 and I was given some ps5 bucks for xmas.

my fav poo poo was the 1 on 1 duels it iki adds some and isn’t crazy expensive itd be a good game, i just usually am totally burned out on games after finishing them unless its fromsoft

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Shard is Iki island worth playing, I platinumed ghost regular, my bro also has ps5 and I was given some ps5 bucks for xmas.

my fav poo poo was the 1 on 1 duels it iki adds some and isn’t crazy expensive itd be a good game, i just usually am totally burned out on games after finishing them unless its fromsoft

It's more Ghost. So yes I'd say so. Like it doesn't add anything game changing. Just more of the same. The same being one of the best games ever

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is Ghosts a Souls-like

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is Ghosts a Souls-like

No it's not really like anything. The combat is very much perry focused in a huge open world. All enemies and bosses are the same type of character but each uses a style that has a counter style. The theme of the story is about fighting straight on vs stealth assassin style and this is reflected in the gameplay.

It's a clear the map type but closer to witcher 3 where everything you do feels stylish and interesting and not filler

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Shard posted:

No it's not really like anything. The combat is very much perry focused in a huge open world. All enemies and bosses are the same type of character but each uses a style that has a counter style. The theme of the story is about fighting straight on vs stealth assassin style and this is reflected in the gameplay.

It's a clear the map type but closer to witcher 3 where everything you do feels stylish and interesting and not filler

So is charging in headfirst a viable play style? It looks like a cool game but subtlety isn't my forte.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

Also zero bullshit sidequests, a solid story with interesting choices and easily the prettiest graphics on ps4

You can definitely charge in if you want there’s even a bonus to just entering a camp and calling people out, as someone who is used to souls/sekiro i found the combat easy but never dull

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

So is charging in headfirst a viable play style? It looks like a cool game but subtlety isn't my forte.

Yes totally! They give you s ton of options for charging in vs stealth

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Shard posted:

Yes totally! They give you s ton of options for charging in vs stealth

This is good, I'll have to pick it up. Love the aesthetic.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

That DICK! posted:

why da gently caress are there two star wars show right now and both are about devil-may-care bounty hunters with hearts of gold wearin the same god darn armor set during the same time period in a freaking limitless universe. you could have set it in -12309 and had it be about god darn whatever. jeez louise. you just take genghis khan and give him a lightsaber or some poo poo. how hard is it to write star wars. alexander the great boom he's got a death star. 3 seasons outta that i could give you easy. goddarn boba fett.

Seriously. The Knights of the Old Republic era is RIGHT there!

But no, have to keep with what people know - bounty hunters with less than seven minutes of screen time in the original trilogy, not lightsabers and space opera.

Relevant Red Letter Media clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6BRQKHYkjQ

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think character design and the cliche of stranger with mysterious past just enticed the masses.

Look at Marvels Wolverine: indestructible killing machine with a mysterious past. Easily one of the most boring x men yet he ends up in all the x books.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I think character design and the cliche of stranger with mysterious past just enticed the masses.

Look at Marvels Wolverine: indestructible killing machine with a mysterious past. Easily one of the most boring x men yet he ends up in all the x books.

This is why I don’t want origin stories for characters like this. That Snake-Eyes movie was GARBAGE. Just give me 90 minutes of Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow trying to kill each other with ninja weapons. Waste of Andrew Koji’s time.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Could you spoil the Snake Eyes movie for me in spoiler tags?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

Could you spoil the Snake Eyes movie for me in spoiler tags?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_Eyes_(2021_film)

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

There’s not a lot to spoil, it’s your completely basic by-the-numbers origin story. Snake-Eyes’ dad was a Joe and got killed and left him dice so that’s where he got his name, meets Storm Shadow, talks to three giant sentient cobras that live under the dojo, there’s a big fight at the end, and he gets his costume in the last scene.

It was a bummer.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

That DICK! posted:

why da gently caress are there two star wars show right now and both are about devil-may-care bounty hunters with hearts of gold wearin the same god darn armor set during the same time period in a freaking limitless universe

idk i dont watch star wars

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwFFKPplz4c

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I feel like replaying Dark Souls cause im too hype for Elden Ring. gah!!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

neoaxd posted:

I feel like replaying Dark Souls cause im too hype for Elden Ring. gah!!

i should do that soon too. what are you gonna build?

been replaying gta4 lately. a lot of people hated the driving but i'm pretty good at it? i dunno

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

I’m also doing it with a regular old strength knight, my first full play through i got super lucky with a black knight sword drop in undead burg and i’ve never gotten that drop again which sucks cause if you don’t the only other place I know it drops
is the last area in the game and that sword is easy mode.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

been replaying gta4 lately. a lot of people hated the driving but i'm pretty good at it? i dunno

I usually go STR cause I love big two handed weapons but idk, might do something different. DEX and go for Shiva's sword maybe?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I played all kinds of builds over the years but I'll never get tired of fast rolling with light armor and a Zweihänder. Throw in Power within and you're a real glass cannon.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m also doing it with a regular old strength knight, my first full play through i got super lucky with a black knight sword drop in undead burg and i’ve never gotten that drop again which sucks cause if you don’t the only other place I know it drops
is the last area in the game and that sword is easy mode.

i love that sword. you get it to drop and you're laughing. the black knight greataxe is also a lot of fun

neoaxd posted:

I usually go STR cause I love big two handed weapons but idk, might do something different. DEX and go for Shiva's sword maybe?

do a sorcerer build! maybe use DEX for your melee to start

IGgy IGsen posted:

I played all kinds of builds over the years but I'll never get tired of fast rolling with light armor and a Zweihänder. Throw in Power within and you're a real glass cannon.

ahhh, a big risk/reward fan i see

man i can't wait for elden ring

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you have a decent chance of getting a bks when you go back to the undead asylum. make sure you have as much liquid humanity as you care to risk (up to 10) and maybe the gold serpent ring from sen's fortress

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

you have a decent chance of getting a bks when you go back to the undead asylum. make sure you have as much liquid humanity as you care to risk (up to 10) and maybe the gold serpent ring from sen's fortress

Nice one I always forget about that return trip, four kings are hard as gently caress without that sword for me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am one of the almost always zweihander freaks

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm a big fan of estoc and any Great Sword (Guts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

big fan of falling off ledges and getting frustrated