Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
to get 5 you're going to have to draw 312.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"they've got to look good but a lot of people just buy into them for the hype"
"The better your work is the more you earn"

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

look, if you're not happy about getting paid in aliens we could *maybe* do apes

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

like medium rarity apes

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

look, i'll make you a deal...draw us 250 aliens and we'll let you draw something for yourself, whatever you want. go nuts

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
he was pretty up front, you just draw the one alien, then a bunch of bullshit flair that can be added procedurally

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the dip is here (turn off your monitor)

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

infernal machines posted:

i can't believe none of these cowards have done a star wars or mickey mouse NFT offering yet

In that case, I implore you to search for eg. "Mickey Mouse" on OpenSea.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

novamute posted:

Don't worry it's decentralized

that was my favorite line too

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i also love how this guy has such a mental buy-in on his stupid internal narrative that he just kinda assumes microsoft, apple and facebook worked the same way and nobody could possibly understand them when they first started.

me, smart and attractive genus in 1976: "i have invested in this new and exciting company called Apple, they make Computer"
you, an idiot in 1976: "duhhh how do i eat computer, its apple??? i don't get it at all!!"

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

on the other hand the original microsoft pitch was basically "cp/m but cheaper and slightly sketchier"

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

also apple, microsoft and facebook were wildly successful in just a few years with basically universal acknowledgement that they were game changing companies; vs NFTs and crypto which have been around for a decade and most people think either "this is a scam" or "this is a scam but maybe I can make some money off of it"

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

SubG posted:

on the other hand the original microsoft pitch was basically "cp/m but cheaper and slightly sketchier"

Well before that they made BASIC for the Altair, just doing that was enough to make them a profitable, respectable company. They didn't get into OS stuff until the 80s

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

its almost like there's some fundamental difference between selling tangible products or useful services, and monkey jpegs

can't really put my finger on it though

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

its almost like there's some fundamental difference between selling tangible products or useful services, and monkey jpegs

can't really put my finger on it though

Yeah I know we all know that but my issue is more about this idea that the public "just doesn't get" crypto, or even NFTs which are a bit newer. Even if you go with the launch of cryptopunks in 2017 (The concept of NFTs predates that) that's still nearly 5 years ago. 5 years after Facebook's launch it was absolutely a house hold name. 5 years after Apple's founding was the Apple ]['s heyday.

No one doubted either of these companies at that point, 5 years is plenty of "runway" to prove the viability of an idea

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHopGox5cU&t=94s

"a crypto degen with a crush for crypto kiddies" :crossarms:

Also it goes "look at the quality of this animation" right before showing a clip where the guy's shirt texture pops to a bitcoin one...
this is so confusing

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Boxturret posted:

:whitewater:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

Also it goes "look at the quality of this animation" right before showing a clip where the guy's shirt texture pops to a bitcoin one...
this is so confusing

i thought the texture change was intentional (just awkward) the first time i saw it, like it represents his degen[eration] into crypto or something, but i went back and looked a few more times and it clearly isn't

e: there's also a lot of bizarre single-frame glitches like its being rendered on a 2000's-era graphics card that's overheating, the more i watch it the more weird-rear end layers i uncover

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 7, 2022

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The video card was simultaneously used for mining. Of course it was overheating.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
the worst thing is his stubble in the title frame that looks like it was added using the spraypaint tool in MSPaint

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

EorayMel posted:

Greatest ever. Thank you lawd jesus for giving us this story with accompanying pictures. Roo - were you ever planning on skinning a pig in Hawaii, because if not - that's a major life changing thing!

6 shots though SM? Really? :clint:

lol i went through this entire thread is there any followup other than the OP sadquitting doing updates

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Shageletic posted:

lol i went through this entire thread is there any followup other than the OP sadquitting doing updates

Sorry nothing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

EorayMel posted:

Sorry nothing.

Hopefully he got swept up by a wave of angry hogs into a lava tube

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

if only we all could be so lucky

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Boxturret posted:

this is so confusing

I can never not watch this everytime it's linked. I can tell I'm taking psychic damage from it, but it tickles my brain in just the right way. It's like huffing paint thinner but with Bitcoins.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tech Startup Wants To Gamify Suing People Using Crypto Tokens

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

how can we gamify shoving the heads of weenies like this in the toilet using crypto?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

The Wisest Moron posted:

I can never not watch this everytime it's linked. I can tell I'm taking psychic damage from it, but it tickles my brain in just the right way. It's like huffing paint thinner but with Bitcoins.

i never clicked it until just now, because i just assumed that the thumbnail already spoke volumes

wow was i ever underestimating it

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

That's just financialization with extra the same number of steps, not "gamifying".

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Erenthal posted:

i never clicked it until just now, because i just assumed that the thumbnail already spoke volumes

wow was i ever underestimating it

It's true art

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

lol, they made the cryptoland video private

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Schir posted:

lol, they made the cryptoland video private

this was inevitable, so I saved a copy

never forget cryptoland

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
poo poo, too late to read the comments, i'm sure there was some purestrain gold in there

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

drk posted:

never forget cryptoland

You're doing God's work drk

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

drk posted:

never forget cryptoland

of course it's already reuploaded lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf3ajS5me78

e: oh, it's just the animated part without the dorks talking about how awesome their cult compound is going to be

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 7, 2022

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i watched that video one evening and the next day i was violently ill, coincidence?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/HCMJmagic/status/1478834810130993153?s=20

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Wonder what the people at ubisoft that loving LOVE nfts is thinking RN

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/sometimesmusic/status/1477316026643664901

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

thinking that one can spend their days building Matryoshka dolls of financial scams involving monkey jpegs and dog-themed coins, and still be considered a "great mind", does seem to suggest an awfully dim view of humanity

let's be real here, the nft/crypto guys aren't even our greatest programming minds. (our greatest programming minds are all the guys getting told by elon musk to program fart noises into a hundred thousand cars)