Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Luckily it's a really good fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i dont remember daki's fight at all tbh.

now upper moon 1's fight well, that's another story...

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Every episode feels like five minutes.

My gf and my friend and I all watch this together, and that’s what we say every single episode. How are these twenty minutes, we’re so engrossed that it feels like 5.
Gotta say, as much as I like the manga, the anime just takes it to another level.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
A lot of manga spoilers in this anime thread...

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

My gf and my friend and I all watch this together, and that’s what we say every single episode. How are these twenty minutes, we’re so engrossed that it feels like 5.
Gotta say, as much as I like the manga, the anime just takes it to another level.

I should really just wait until the season is over to binge it all at once. Just as I'm getting "into the show again" the credits roll.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m waiting until it’s all out because of the reasons you are all saying.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m waiting until it’s all out because of the reasons you are all saying.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Sorry for asking a question that's probably been asked a bunch already but I'm afraid of reading spoilers: the start of this new season covered the train, right? Is there any meaningful difference with the movie? Or can I just skip it and jump into new stuff? Thanks!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

SpiderLink posted:

Sorry for asking a question that's probably been asked a bunch already but I'm afraid of reading spoilers: the start of this new season covered the train, right? Is there any meaningful difference with the movie? Or can I just skip it and jump into new stuff? Thanks!

the first episode is not from the movie and is really good because it stars cool guy Rengoku

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah if you have seen the movie just watch episode 1 then skip to 8 I think.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SpiderLink posted:

They added a few new scenes, but it's really just a directors cut version of the film, you aren't missing anything important. But yeah the very first episode is all new content.

Here's a video showing all the differences between the movie and the TV version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5KBgHIxtDA

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
The audio was TVified as well, the movie version had a much better mix.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Inosuke is the king of my heart

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Inosuke is the king of my heart

He got me real good with "How am I going to fit in this hole that can only fit my head? Good thing I can DISLOCATE EVERY SINGLE JOINT IN MY BODY"

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 3, 2022

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
And then having him say 'Pretty savage, if you ask me' like 30 seconds later :allears:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Have they explained on the show how someone officially becomes a Hashira? Or does the Master just name you one and thats that

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Hasn't been explained in the show but one can qualify by reaching the regular top rank in the hierarchy then either having a high enough kill count or defeating one of the twelve moons, or by being chosen by one of the current hashira as their pupil/designated successor.

Tanjiro & co. seem well on their way to meet the former requirements, but there is a clear gap in skill between them and the hashira shown so far, which implies either hard work & big number is just initial screening and there's more to it, or there's a disparity between the combat prowess of the hashira themselves, or the current hashira are all just that exceptional.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Defeating one of the 12 seems to be a requirement as every Hashira has done so. (None have defeated one of the Upper Ranks however as they have remained the same for more then a century)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The current gen of Hashira were also stated by the Master to be the strongest in the Corps history.

They are weird however. Take Tengen, he is in terms of physical strength the second strongest Hashira, and in terms of travelling speed the fastest Hashira (A few Hashira are faster then him in bursts, but lack the stamina to keep up with him overall) But despite this in terms of actual Demon Slaying ability Tengen is considered one of the weakest Hashira. The others are just crazy geniuses at killing Demons despite Tengen’s near perfect physical abilities and life of Ninja training.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
being the strongest human doesn't mean anything when even the weakest demon is still stronger. it's all about technique.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Naw.
It’s all about being … FLASHY!!

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Thanks a lot, gang, I appreciate it!

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
On the Flashy guy, what does that tattoo represent on his eye? Is it like a clan thing? Just aesthetics?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LorneReams posted:

On the Flashy guy, what does that tattoo represent on his eye? Is it like a clan thing? Just aesthetics?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it serves the same purpose as his jewelled headdress and gold arm-bands. Especially for a Japanese audience, given the social stigma about tattoos - having a big one across your face is a particularly dramatic way to say 'gently caress you, I don't care what you think'.

Honestly, the thing I find most disconcerting about his character design is the bulging veins on his arms. The gently caress kind of 1920s steroids is he on?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it serves the same purpose as his jewelled headdress and gold arm-bands. Especially for a Japanese audience, given the social stigma about tattoos - having a big one across your face is a particularly dramatic way to say 'gently caress you, I don't care what you think'.

Honestly, the thing I find most disconcerting about his character design is the bulging veins on his arms. The gently caress kind of 1920s steroids is he on?

I just assumed he was a fan of hugh Jackman.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kingtheninja posted:

I just assumed he was a fan of hugh Jackman.

Hugh Jackedman

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, being super jacked is part of this show's style, although the really trademark bit is how all the main boys have incredibly muscular torsos right underneath their huge, dewy shoujo eyes.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Supremezero posted:

Hugh Jackedman

Huge Jackedman

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Jesus loving Christ

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's the moment I've been waiting for. :sickos:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hulkin out

Everyones doin it

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Yawgmoft posted:

Jesus loving Christ

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

drat that was quite a... growth spurt from Nezuko.

Amazing but also unsettling seeing Tanjiro looking so mad. I hope his power advancement doesn't kill that kind side of him we all love!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

drat that was quite a... growth spurt from Nezuko.

Amazing but also unsettling seeing Tanjiro looking so mad. I hope his power advancement doesn't kill that kind side of him we all love!

Nezuko showed the ability to advance her age back in episode 1.

Tanjiro’s rage nearly killed him. He was fighting past the limits of his stamina, and was about to hit the limit for his life before that flash of his sibling saved him.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Now Im deeply curious about the implications of his scar forehead change

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Now Im deeply curious about the implications of his scar forehead change

Well the Hand Demon did slice him there. And after that the change was notable.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

more dad backstory!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think the biggest praise I can give this show is that I pop for Nezuko kicking someone's head in the same way I pop for Piccolo showing up out of nowhere to save the day in a Dragonball movie, or the way I pop when Hiei cuts somebody several dozens of times but it doesn't register until after the fact, or when any character in Hunter x Hunter loses their poo poo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
God drat this show rules lol

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Goddamn this show knows how to deliver the goods when it needs to. I was literally leaning towards the screen for the entire second half of today's episode. It's got all the energy of those select episodes of stuff like Naruto where they really blow the budget and go hell for leather on the style points. I really wish that all the generic crap that gets released nowadays had even a fraction of that feeling.

Tanjiro going monk and Nezuko... waking up? will never not be awesome in this series. Her abilities are already crazy strong, I can only imagine how powerful she would be if she actually had been feeding like a normal Demon!

FiftySeven fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I realize this question might invite manga spoilers, but is there anything that ever explains why Nezuko is treated as semi-feral, compared to Tamayo and Yushiro?

other than "the author thought it was cuter and more badass that way"