Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

My favorite build from DS1 was a Dex/Int build the wielded various Hanzo Steels until I got the Moonlight Greatsword, which was a ton of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

i am one of the almost always zweihander freaks

love the bass cannon

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

does Ghost of Tsushima have a skip dialogue button I'm just not finding, I don't care about honor or what merchants want to tell me

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

whats the deal with neon evangion genesis.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

whats the deal with neon evangion genesis.

It was an anime that was a really good deconstruction of the genre and ended being so good that it became a genre in itself. Now a ton of things that anime's do and are taken for granted started with that show

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's about getting drunk with a penguin and sells a lot of toys

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I watched Neon Genesis years ago and thought it was supposed to be hilarious but apparently people do not think that at all, especially about the ending which was the funniest part of the whole thing I thought, I did enjoy it though before I knew I was enjoying it wrong, some of it was a little too creepy weirdo-ish. My favorite animes are Speed Racer and Angel's Egg

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really like Yoko Taro games and the analysis series that Clemps did on all of them is great. Check them out. Drakengard is really good at playing against expectations for that type of genre's tropes especially in regards to party members.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI1L9JVl6TFdwfvKUuebNp_zOAL5XXDT5

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NGE but Shinji and Gendo are played by Martin Short and Charles Grodin as Clifford and Uncle Martin

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

NGE but Shinji and Gendo are played by Martin Short and Charles Grodin as Clifford and Uncle Martin

would absolutely binge this in a weekend

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
NGE also has a terrific theme song, top 5

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

NienNunb posted:

lol

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Horizon Forbidden West comes out a week before Elden Ring. But HFW doesn't feel like a game you want to rush through.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

horizon forbidden west. is that kanye's latest child? just kidding.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Lol, I wonder if Ye plays video games still. He had an album in the works called Turbo Graffix 16 and the tracks were all named after games. Sad we didn’t get gamer Yeezy before he went Christian (gaming is a horrific sin)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Jake Sisko, Rom, Garak

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That DICK! posted:

Jake Sisko, Rom, Garak

Brunt, FCA.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That DICK! posted:

Jake Sisko, Rom, Garak

neoaxd posted:

Brunt, FCA.

drat how many kids does Kanye have now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

this was great btw.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thanks everyone. new pokemon idea: donda. it says "Donda! Donda!"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I still can’t get over the Pokémon that wears it’s mother’s skull.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its like, that's the case for every cubone? that's how they evolve into a marowak. you turn into a marowak and just claim your moms skull.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder then what the first cubones wore. Did they just die and the second cubones felt lonely and just decide to put their parents skull on their heads to feel less lonely?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder then what the first cubones wore. Did they just die and the second cubones felt lonely and just decide to put their parents skull on their heads to feel less lonely?

They're baby kangaskhan who's mom died

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Been watching a lot of Snooker highlight videos at work. YouTube determined out of nowhere I must want to months ago and has recommended them to me every day, I stayed strong for a long time but this week I gave in. There’s this guy, Ronnie O’Sullivan, he’s the Michael Jordan of Snooker. He also hates his sport, fans of his sport, and himself, also much like Jordan. But my god this guy can pot a ball.

https://youtu.be/JPZScVVHZ84

This is the tightest poo poo I’ve ever seen.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've been playing that new Pathfinder game and it's real good. Very modern feeling isometric CRPG

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I used to think I didn't like actual play podcasts as a whole but I'm listening to the Partizan series of Friends At The Table and I'm realizing I mostly don't like D&D as a system and also find most of the podcasts I've tried to feel more like a series of riddles the DM poses and the cast get increasingly frustrated trying to solve and less like the sort of fun emergent improvisational experience tabletop games sell themselves as. Any recommendations that are more like that? Bonus points if there's anywhere near as much spelling out unfamiliar words and names as Friends At The Table.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

I've been playing that new Pathfinder game and it's real good. Very modern feeling isometric CRPG

What new Pathfinder game? Wrath of the Righteous?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

RIP in peace to Bob Saget

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bluedeanie posted:

RIP in peace to Bob Saget

CHIKARA will never survive this

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Kvantum posted:

What new Pathfinder game? Wrath of the Righteous?

That's the one

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I Before E posted:

I used to think I didn't like actual play podcasts as a whole but I'm listening to the Partizan series of Friends At The Table and I'm realizing I mostly don't like D&D as a system and also find most of the podcasts I've tried to feel more like a series of riddles the DM poses and the cast get increasingly frustrated trying to solve and less like the sort of fun emergent improvisational experience tabletop games sell themselves as. Any recommendations that are more like that? Bonus points if there's anywhere near as much spelling out unfamiliar words and names as Friends At The Table.

A show I’ve fallen completely off of during the pandemic (not having time during a commute for their 2+ hr episodes more than anything) is a show called The Film ReRoll. It’s a bunch of theater friends playing out movies (Jumanji, Jurrasic Park, Home Alone) as the characters therein that often times immediately diverge from the actual film story. Some of the group I think played some variation of D&D together (the show uses GURPS), but frequently there are people on the show with next to no knowledge of the rules and are just there to improv with the guidance of their friends before/during recording. The DM(s) mostly keeps them on the path towards some sort of victory; as the dice allows of course, with some hidden stuff they leave along the way. Each movie is about 3-5 episodes long and all titled as such in their feed.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

That's the one

I played through the actual adventure path as a Pathfinder tabletop campaign so all I can do is nitpick the changes, and occasionally go "well I wish we had this option available in actual tabletop" like some of the new Mythic Paths.

What race/class/path combo did you do, Shard?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Been watching a lot of Snooker highlight videos at work. YouTube determined out of nowhere I must want to months ago and has recommended them to me every day, I stayed strong for a long time but this week I gave in. There’s this guy, Ronnie O’Sullivan, he’s the Michael Jordan of Snooker. He also hates his sport, fans of his sport, and himself, also much like Jordan. But my god this guy can pot a ball.

https://youtu.be/JPZScVVHZ84

This is the tightest poo poo I’ve ever seen.

Rocket is the fuckin man.

One time he was on track for a 147 (kind of like a 300 in bowling but much harder) and asked the referee how much the bonus was if he hit it. He wasn't happy with the answer and immediately pocketed the pink instead of the black, scoring a 146 on purpose just to piss everyone off. King poo poo.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Kvantum posted:

I played through the actual adventure path as a Pathfinder tabletop campaign so all I can do is nitpick the changes, and occasionally go "well I wish we had this option available in actual tabletop" like some of the new Mythic Paths.

What race/class/path combo did you do, Shard?

Half orc barbarian and I kinda pick a bunch of different paths so far which fits my chaotic character. I've gotten past the first city and just started my campaign

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Critical posted:

One time he was on track for a 147 (kind of like a 300 in bowling but much harder) and asked the referee how much the bonus was if he hit it. He wasn't happy with the answer and immediately pocketed the pink instead of the black, scoring a 146 on purpose just to piss everyone off. King poo poo.

What an absolute lad.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

Half orc barbarian and I kinda pick a bunch of different paths so far which fits my chaotic character. I've gotten past the first city and just started my campaign

I played through it as a Half-Elven Sorcerer Angel, then saved at the point of picking between two uber-Good aligned options and played through as both of them. Need to go back one of these days to try a Halfling Bard Azata playthrough, mostly because I want to see what the Azata path's pet is like.

She's a Havoc Planar Dragon, apparently. Yes, you get a Dragon familiar.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Critical posted:

lol that rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I can't get into D&D podcasts/streams. The whole time I'm thinking "I could be actually playing."