Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i liked killing the prisoners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
prison architect as a last starfighter style game except you get transported to langley if you win

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

pla nts vs zombies battle for neighborville has better and more challenging puzzle mechanics than any “not for kids” rpg I’ve played

it makes the skyrim draugr dungeon puzzles feel like a toddler game (even more so)

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 8, 2022

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

tbf, most rpg puzzles are “find this 4x4 pixel square on the map and do a skill check”

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

the best hacking game is captchas for websites

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
my sister sends me a million tiktoks and they make you move a slider until a puzzle piece fits in the gap of a picture

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i will never watch a tiktok that a family member sends me

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

staging an intervention for Me Maw because she won’t stop sending horny TikTok’s to the family group text

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

jesus WEP posted:

as if they give you a choice most the time.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the worst i get is when my mother sends me strange stickers on LINE

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jesus WEP posted:

My family is very normal and only sends tik toks of cute animals.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my uncles send me IRAtok a lot

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I wanted to play gears 3, but my Xbox series s doesn’t seem to be able to play 360 games that game pass says it should be able to.

so I played gears 4, which was a fine game even if it ran out of steam finishing out the second to last chapter.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-D13QOKmd8

I have zero interest in the RTS genre but DARWINIA was -lite enough that I gave it a try and I really enjoyed it, love those little T-pose guys and the overall aesthetic was :discourse:

lol serendipity

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
finally made it to level 69 in overwatch

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

games done quick is starting

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm playing My Friend Pedro and it's great for mindless murder

i have this nasty habit of pressing shift to try to run and forgetting that it's bullet time though

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i got a couple mods going in Noita, to respawn on death instead of the game ending and to always be able to edit wands

actually being able to reach, and see, the more powerful wands and more interesting spells, and make them, is pretty great

https://i.imgur.com/1Ve3HLl.mp4

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i am jetpack *makes jet engine noises with mouth*

https://i.imgur.com/pPhEUDD.mp4

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
timespinner is a neat 2d metroidvania with a chrono-trigger-like setting, it was definitely worth what i paid for it in the steam winter sale

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Ciaphas posted:

i am jetpack *makes jet engine noises with mouth*

https://i.imgur.com/pPhEUDD.mp4

god noita was a lot of fun to play

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

so many gpus

https://twitter.com/alinaiceee/status/1479838653891452938?s=21

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
cyberpunk 2077 was super fun. I had a good knife arms playthrough going right up until the I had enough money to respec into a hacker build, so I got to try all the mechanics I was interested in with a single playthrough. It's one of the more intense dopamine binge videogames, with plenty of art and fighting and looting but also it portrays a really really horny version of the future.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

Also there's like 3 hours of good story in the middle of it but because it's a GTA clone that's spread across 40 hours of grinding out levels fighting what seem like autogenerated thugs

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the one thing that struck me as strange in cyberpunk 2077 is that it felt a little torn on what it wanted to be. skyrim or GTA and it couldn't quite decide.

that said, walking around the city, just walking around and looking at sights.. is really nice

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i think it had a lot of executive fingers in the pie. i read somewhere the police chase and star system was added only a few weeks/months before release. it pulls in so many different directions that its just bland and boring and the city is full of unimplemented stuff like the tram and shooting ranges and stuff. theres nothing to interact with. cant even get a pork bun

a man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I was hoping for open world Deus Ex but what we actually got was horny neon GTA.

It is very pretty, though, and the story is pretty engaging at least

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bought witcher 3 for switch and apparently i can just use the same steam savefile between that and PC? that’s pretty nice, i like that a lot

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

yeah, i noticed that all the NPCs are just sort of there as scenery, crime is somehow discouraged but vigilante justice is rewarded by a faceless monetary transfer.

the world seems to be something you want to look at, but not interact with. aesthetically though, they nailed the dystopian future

everything reeks of misery and lacking in pork buns

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
my vague recollection was that cp 2077 had a bunch of very ambitious design and gameplay goals, but they started running out of money and time before they could get most of them working, so they fell back into generic gta style gameplay because the clock was ticking down and they had to ship something

reminds me of that vampire the masquerade first person game, which promised this really deep and intricate gameplay involving politics and lots of things happening in the background and multiple branching plotlines and lots of ways to solve problems, and the first part of the game did deliver some of that - but they ran out of time/money and the final levels are all just running through maze-like buildings fighting waves of zombies (excuse me, ghouls)

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
sophie from mars and noah caldwell-gervais say just about everything that needs to be said about cyberpunk 2077

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_SzMP-V4mA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWEkeqJ2djM

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

FMguru posted:

reminds me of that vampire the masquerade first person game, which promised this really deep and intricate gameplay involving politics and lots of things happening in the background and multiple branching plotlines and lots of ways to solve problems, and the first part of the game did deliver some of that - but they ran out of time/money and the final levels are all just running through maze-like buildings fighting waves of zombies (excuse me, ghouls)

Yeah but VtM was awesome and they did a pretty great job considering the time crunch and technology they had to work with

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ultravoices posted:

sophie from mars and noah caldwell-gervais say just about everything that needs to be said about cyberpunk 2077

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_SzMP-V4mA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWEkeqJ2djM

let’s be clear: Tim rogers said everything that CAN be said about cyberpunk

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i loved the original VtM a lot. half the game being medieval vampire poo poo and then the other half being modern with guns was really cool

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah VtM was flawed but still fun because it had enough novelty to make up for it

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

polyester concept posted:

i loved the original VtM a lot. half the game being medieval vampire poo poo and then the other half being modern with guns was really cool

except it had the same flaw that a lot of open ended games did, where, if you made a pure sneaky stealth guy, you eventually hit a wall when faced with a boss that wrecked your poo poo because you hardly put any points into guns and brute-force combat was the only way to proceed

e: see also: alpha protocol

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

The_Franz posted:

except it had the same flaw that a lot of open ended games did, where, if you made a pure sneaky stealth guy, you eventually hit a wall when faced with a boss that wrecked your poo poo because you hardly put any points into guns and brute-force combat was the only way to proceed

e: see also: alpha protocol

Yeah, Mandalore pointed out in his thief reviews that they're still some of the best stealth games BECUASE its all you could do: There was no way to make a melee build, its all focused around stealth.

I'm generally fine with it; a well designed game will try and give you options but one option is always gonna feel like the "best". I think the real problem in VtM was that the boss fights were all pretty bad even if you did have a good build for it, the combat in general wasn't great. It was carried by its atmosphere, characters and world building

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Speaking of developers putting way more effort into the first parts of their games: the first mission in Cyberpunk, which was in that e3 demo. That shootout is rad, so many random objects could fly around, walls could deform, enemies would take advantage of cover etc. It was like the hardboiled tea house shootout.

I would have taken a game world 1/10th the size if the actual environments could have had that level of detail and interactivity

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

Didn't they introduce the mechanic of shooting out the passenger window in that first mission, and then never use it again? lol that game was such a mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

RokosCockatrice posted:

Didn't they introduce the mechanic of shooting out the passenger window in that first mission, and then never use it again? lol that game was such a mess

i forgot about that haha