Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Agent355 posted:

I never liked the skit humor they do, it never lands for me. Excited for the actual marathon to start tho.

In general I like it because it’s a call back to the earlier days of GDQ when it was as much as anything a showcase of the most awkward people in existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the bit is good

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nioh 2 as opener :getin:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The donation generator turned up a surprisingly coherent one for my first try:

quote:

Had to view during this run. Put my money towards kill the cancer. Lets kick cancer's butt!

Greetings from Germany Finland

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

immediately loving the new graphics

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Tech issue with the very first run, classic GDQ

e: oh yeah the layout is dope

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Difficult technicalities.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

That has to be a new record for technical difficulties, right?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Comrade Fakename posted:

In general I like it because it’s a call back to the earlier days of GDQ when it was as much as anything a showcase of the most awkward people in existence.

They changed the game when they made people stop bringing stuffed animals and body pillows.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Such a first world problem, but *GDQ always makes me fear for my OLED. So many bright, static images :eng99:

e; tech diff take 2. Poor guy.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Genthil posted:

Already setting records, best AGDQ ever.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Hello, everyone! This is

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

He's such a fast runner he appears on the screen for a moment and then disappears.

Looks like the new layout isn't quite ready to handle the transition to the runner/gamecam

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wanna see me speedrun Nioh 2?

Wanna see me do it again?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Third time's the charm?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Third time's the charm!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Heck yeah! Lets go AXELSANGO!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Genthil posted:

Nah. There was one year when technical difficulties led to the pre-show not being able to be shown on stream and was posted to Youtube instead.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

:toot:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ravus posted:

Such a first world problem, but *GDQ always makes me fear for my OLED. So many bright, static images :eng99:

e; tech diff take 2. Poor guy.

LED for life, no fear from watching twitch all day

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Protagonist in their underwear immediately because any armor is too heavy, reminds me of Souls games

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So I remember last GDQ they said they wanted AGDQ to be in person. Not surprised it isn't, but when was the decision made to shift to online again?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

TeaJay posted:

Protagonist in their underwear immediately because any armor is too heavy, reminds me of Souls games

Nioh 1 and 2 have a lot of gameplay elements from souls games with added Diablo like loot system. So yeah, naked with powerful weapons

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I like the new overlay but what are those three rows of icons to the left of the name supposed to represent?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

I like the new overlay but what are those three types of icons to the left of the name supposed to represent?

When the purple Twitch icon is on, I assume it shows their Twitch handle (sometimes it's different than screen handle)

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

TeaJay posted:

Nioh/Nioh 2 are like Souls with more fluid combat and Diablo-ish loot system and skill trees.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nioh is like someone said, hey, Barudak, we know you weren't a huge fan of the direction souls games went, what if we went in a direction you liked even less? Thats right, gently caress on off

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Internet Kraken posted:

So I remember last GDQ they said they wanted AGDQ to be in person. Not surprised it isn't, but when was the decision made to shift to online again?

They had to double back on that like a month later. Around the time the Omicron variant started spreading like wildfire IIRC.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
opening with a girlbutt game is pro tier move imo

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Whoa they sell scampus plushies? Gotta get me one of those.

E: they appear to be out of my price range, having been limited run and Japan- only, rip

MuffiTuffiWuffi fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 9, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

site posted:

Could have been boybutt but the fans get what the fans want

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's like the 3rd boss and he's already doing thousands of damage. Is this normal game progression or did I miss why he became so powerful

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

site posted:

:hmmyes:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TeaJay posted:

It's like the 3rd boss and he's already doing thousands of damage. Is this normal game progression or did I miss why he became so powerful

Just a high damage number game.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

TeaJay posted:

High-stance Axe Heavy attacks just do those numbers.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Cernunnos posted:

They had to double back on that like a month later. Around the time the Omicron variant started spreading like wildfire IIRC.

I want to say that it was a bit before that? I might be wrong. I know that it wasn't long after SGDQ that they were like "oh, this... this isn't gonna be better by January, let's go ahead and make the call".

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Unless I'm completely out of the loop Omnicron wasn't really a thing globally until like 2 months ago so it would of been pretty last minute to cancel based on that.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah the decision was made pretty early I think. We can always hope the next one will be online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Internet Kraken posted:

Unless I'm completely out of the loop Omnicron wasn't really a thing globally until like 2 months ago so it would of been pretty last minute to cancel based on that.

i mean, the pandemic has still been in full swing