Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[casually] going to strong attack. snake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
https://i.imgur.com/i6mWlVy.mp4

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pants tech

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!
I always like their goofy intro skits (this one included), but "the only woman is repeatedly gaslit, interrupted, and ignored; things only move forward when she takes it upon herself to thanklessly mother oblivious men" is some impressively dark social commentary for a lighthearted, goofy intro skit!

Been looking forward to AGDQ for a while. Not familiar with too many of the runs and/or games today, but that's half the fun :getin:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i loving hated this owl fight, that was cathartic to watch

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Shardy posted:

I always like their goofy intro skits (this one included), but "the only woman is repeatedly gaslit, interrupted, and ignored; things only move forward when she takes it upon herself to thanklessly mother oblivious men" is some impressively dark social commentary for a lighthearted, goofy intro skit!

this is a reall cringy post and you should be ashamed

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vermain posted:

i loving hated this owl fight, that was cathartic to watch

Yeah gently caress that goddamn owl

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this is really impressive considering how hard brute parry is to pull off

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Everything is great in this gif

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Gonna have to play VOD catch up this year, no ability to take off work for it.

I'll probably tune in after Nioh 2, I actually do want to get around to playing it past the first mission some day.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Shardy posted:

Been looking forward to AGDQ for a while. Not familiar with too many of the runs and/or games today, but that's half the fun :getin:

yup agreed. whenw ill people learn thaht time loops are gaslighting. hopefully after this eye opening dark commentary... we can only pray.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Floodkiller posted:

Gonna have to play VOD catch up this year, no ability to take off work for it.

I'll probably tune in after Nioh 2, I actually do want to get around to playing it past the first mission some day.

its ok i cant believe anything being shown will provide any spoilers on how to beat the bosses normally because hes just going wild on them and making them look like jokes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

its ok i cant believe anything being shown will provide any spoilers on how to beat the bosses normally because hes just going wild on them and making them look like jokes

This is accurate

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Man he's absolutely clowning these bosses.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TeaJay posted:

Man he's absolutely clowning these bosses.

one of the great things about nioh 2 is that it highly rewards strong game knowledge and a full use of the tools it provides, but you can also go into it blind and play through it like a souls game with little loss in enjoyment. it's all about how you want to tackle it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[pretneding im just tuning in] wow!! never realised nathan fielder is a speedrunner!! hes destroying this game!!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Where we are going, we don't need lore

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Wait wait wait so is the scampuss protecting from blue fire a bug, or... like, a mechanic?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Shardy posted:

you should learn touch grass any%

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this guy is so casual about this. did he jus ttake his hand off the controller to cough mid fight

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Man, the graphics in this game are just wasted on me.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Stux posted:

this guy is so casual about this. did he jus ttake his hand off the controller to cough mid fight

the way in which nioh 2's stamina (chi) system works allows you to trivially stunlock bosses on regular new game if you have the right weapons/weapon buffs/soul cores ready

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I want that scampus plushy the runner has

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I dunno how much I'll watch this year, but I bet I'll enjoy what I see.

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

:hmmyes:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Gatekeep. Girlboss. Gasloop.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Freed From This Mortal Coil

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

those goddamn snakes are the WORST man!!!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This Nioh run makes me actually want to play this game. I had always written it off as something that looked kinda generic?

Also, I'll be hosting for Halo, Halo 5, Diddy Kong Racing, and Link to the Past later this week! AHHHHH

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Cartridgeblowers posted:

This Nioh run makes me actually want to play this game. I had always written it off as something that looked kinda generic?

nioh 1's mostly a straightforwards soulslike, but nioh 2 is its own thing and is an extremely fun game with how much outrageous poo poo you can do

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

"now we got some bad RNG, it's snowing, so it will take a bit of doing to get down to the grass, but we can use a back-up strat we call shovel tech-- okay, nice, time"

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I liked everything about Nioh 1 except for the randomized loot stuff. Nioh 2 appears to have kept that aspect so I ignored it but it does look fun.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Brutakas posted:

I liked everything about Nioh 1 except for the randomized loot stuff. Nioh 2 appears to have kept that aspect so I ignored it but it does look fun.

it's mostly a thing you do if you really like the game and wanna keep pounding through the NG+++ material, but doing a full playthrough of the base game with whatever drops is entirely viable

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The presentation is so slick this year. Loving the Winamp skin aesthetic.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
How do you begin to learn Nioh 2, anyway? I was kinda overwhelmed with the sheer number of things in that game when I last gave it a shot.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is... the bonus game status supposed to double up the name like that?

e: I'm curious if the deathloop run can make me interested in that game. i put about 10 hours into it and really just did not enjoy it at all

site fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 9, 2022

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!

Teddybear posted:

"now we got some bad RNG, it's snowing, so it will take a bit of doing to get down to the grass, but we can use a back-up strat we call shovel tech-- okay, nice, time"
If you open up the little window at the top of the wall, you can reach outside without having to leave the basement. But that's more of a credits warp from the title screen kind of thing

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
This is the most powerful lineup this year, with the weakest t-shirt offerings.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Givin posted:

There are 2 actraiser shirts, you are wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Prime Hunters reminds me that there were more than a couple of DS/3DS games in mainline Nintendo series that I will simply never play because the controls were so off-putting to me at the time that I didn't even give them a chance

Givin posted:

agreed