Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

skipping moms to save time 😔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Whenever they don't meet an incentive it makes me feel it was simply set too high. Last (?) event someone's run was overshadowed by the host desperately trying to push an incentive so maybe they toned it down a bit now. Not to mention there seems to constantly be multiple high level incentives goin' on right now.

I actually haven't played Nier but maybe I should. It always looks good even without the super speed tech.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

it owns and the soundtrack is amazing

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

TeaJay posted:

I actually haven't played Nier but maybe I should. It always looks good even without the super speed tech.

It's fantastic. Do it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TeaJay posted:

Whenever they don't meet an incentive it makes me feel it was simply set too high. Last (?) event someone's run was overshadowed by the host desperately trying to push an incentive so maybe they toned it down a bit now. Not to mention there seems to constantly be multiple high level incentives goin' on right now.

I mean, the usual arguments about "it's for a good cause" apply equally to this and things like DBfH - but it seems like it's a self-adjusting process because eventually it becomes too much so the people running the fundraiser tend to adjust it next time.

Also, you need to play Nier:Automata.

haha what posted:

it owns and the soundtrack is amazing
Nier and Nier:Automata have quite possibly the best OSTs of any video game, I think?
It's wild how good it is.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
"we're going to stop talking and let some donations through"

*continues to talk through the whole section* (edit: oh they meant the long part)

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Nier and Nier:Automata have quite possibly the best OSTs of any video game, I think?
It's wild how good it is.
I want to get the soundtrack on Vinyl but the Squeenix site doesn't seem to allow shipping to Australia. Like none of the UK, Europe, US sites allow it (when it was ever in stock for 5 seconds). So there's no way for me to order it except from a reseller - and if they're in the US, that'd mean paying the ridiculous international shipping they charge on top of whatever profit they are trying to make :sigh:

PancakeTransmission fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 11, 2022

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Fine, fine, fine, I've added Nier to my wishlist, I'll pick it up when next sale rolls in!

Along with half a dozen games I've seen in this event already... too bad Part-Time UFO is not on PC.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Be aware, the beginning of Nier is really rough. It's not easy, you can't save for a bit and if you die you go all the way back to the beginning. I gave up for a while before finally powering through.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

that movement tech sounds like it would utterly wreck my hands

rox
Sep 7, 2016

taking a moment to fish while waiting is a pro strat

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
DRAKENGARD !!!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

TeaJay posted:

Fine, fine, fine, I've added Nier to my wishlist, I'll pick it up when next sale rolls in!

Along with half a dozen games I've seen in this event already... too bad Part-Time UFO is not on PC.

Skip Nier, play Automata. Then go back to Nier if you want more.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Every GDQ makes me wonder if getting screened for cancer is even an easy thing you can do on american medicaid.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
this ratchet n clank run is nuts, looks fun as hell to do

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

elf help book posted:

Final Fantasy 13-2 FTW

despite 13's sins, 13-2 is far worse

an "open" world does not make up for the plot and characters of that game

13 should have made its poo poo feel less like an a linear tunnel even if that's what it was (gently caress, ff10 managed it), but at least it managed to have interesting enough characters and plot (not amazing, but gently caress, it's a jrpg, what do you expect)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theyre both good actually

rox
Sep 7, 2016

casually saving the universe faster than the amount of time it takes me to finish the first two planets lmao

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

despite 13's sins, 13-2 is far worse

an "open" world does not make up for the plot and characters of that game

13 should have made its poo poo feel less like an a linear tunnel even if that's what it was (gently caress, ff10 managed it), but at least it managed to have interesting enough characters and plot (not amazing, but gently caress, it's a jrpg, what do you expect)
In 13-2 you can catch the enemies like Pokemon and put hats on them so I think that automatically makes it a good game.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

haha what posted:

casually saving the universe faster than the amount of time it takes me to finish the first two planets lmao

Unfair comparison - they did this at least once before.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

even on ng+ im a slow rear end gamer 😔

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Bit of a false start on this Rift Apart run, the feed seemed really choppy

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Oh there's a photosensitivity warning over the virtual crowd. That's a neat touch

rox
Sep 7, 2016

trans (dimensional) rivet owns

i hope she gets to appear in future games and they don't just immediately shelve her

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Dogyawn%

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I had to sleep but FF13 is a great game and the final boss is susceptible to the spell "death" so no matter what you can beat it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TeaJay posted:

They can't all be winners, sometimes you get a Lobotomy Chicken.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

raditts posted:

They can't all be winners, sometimes you get a Lobotomy Chicken.

I had forgotten.

I was happier before I remembered.

Curse you.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

love how insomniac always donates during their games :3:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looking forward to this FF7 Intergrade run, thought I was gonna miss the start.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

haha what posted:

yeah hearing so many dev donations getting read off was cool

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

haha what posted:

They're pretty big fans.

I doubt this makes them the first to reference GDQ in their game, but they might be the first AAA developer to do so.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

sent igniting the translation wars once again...

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
"... and you have Tifa, and you have Cloud, and you have Translation Error."

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

idgaf about incentives like "teabag the dude on level 9" it'll be a big deal if they ever miss a game they have scheduled for 8pm EST

also the daily recap getting earlier each day makes me feel like its all i ever see

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Agent355 posted:

I had forgotten.

I was happier before I remembered.

Curse you.

I'll never forget. Secret of Evermore is one of my top 5 SNES games, and that runner was absolutely dire even ignoring how he unsuccessfully pimped his crappy song for an hour.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i should probably give FF7R another shot, honestly. i just wish the opening few hours weren't so atrociously glacial

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The PS5 community

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Electric Phantasm posted:

The PS5 community

All 12 of them

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011