Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the cspam goon finished his covid game

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1871620/Covid_Simulator/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

im now boosted (az+moderna). here's hoping for a fun night of fever and body aches 💯

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
first day was mostly fine, 2nd day my legs were aching and i was pretty tired. went to bed pretty early and was fine by day 3.

was it hard to get a booking for the booster? (assuming you're in the eastern states). i have friends there who are saying it's hard but i suspect they're dragging their feet.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

I just went to the local pharmacy's site and got a booking for 3 days later, was easy as.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the quebec government is going to tax people who voluntarily aren’t vaccinated

quote:

The Canadian province of Quebec will charge a health tax to residents who are not vaccinated against Covid-19.
Quebec, which has seen the highest number of Covid-related deaths in Canada, is currently struggling with a surge in cases.
On Tuesday, the premier announced that it would be the first in the nation to financially penalise the unvaccinated.
Only about 12.8% of Quebec residents are not vaccinated, but they make up nearly half of all hospital cases.
According to federal data, just over 85% of Quebec residents had received at least one vaccine dose by 1 January.
Premier Francois Legault said during a news conference that people who have not received their first dose of vaccine will have to pay a "contribution".
The fee has not yet been decided, but will be "significant", he said.
"I think right now it's a question of fairness for the 90% of the population who made some sacrifices," Mr Legault said. "I think we owe them this kind of measure."
Last week, the province announced that it would require proof of vaccination to shop in government cannabis and liquor stores.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

qirex posted:

the quebec government is going to tax people who voluntarily aren’t vaccinated

quote:

Last week, the province announced that it would require proof of vaccination to shop in government cannabis and liquor stores.

this is the kind of out of the box thinking i wish we had south of the 49th parallel

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

the bad kids blowing juuls through their shirts in class and the teacher doing nothing about it

man my brother (7 years my junior) once told me he did this in high school and my jaw dropped. the temerity of these kids. inconceivable :corsair:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if anyone tried to restrict americans’ access to alcohol it would absolutely kick off an armed conflict

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

in fact america has already tried both prohibition and civil war in the past

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

cowboy beepboop posted:

I just went to the local pharmacy's site and got a booking for 3 days later, was easy as.

cool

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fart simpson posted:

we’ve tried armed conflict over booze directly as well, ie the 1733 molasses act and the whiskey rebellion

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Whoever designed the CVS website for covid vaccines should be sent to the mines when the revolution comes.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

fart simpson posted:

uh we still have prohibition its just for dope instead of booze

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

rotor posted:

uh we still have prohibition its just for dope instead of booze

biden... decriminalise, legalise and then mandate getting blazed.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35007072/

you can defeat the virus

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

crepeface posted:

biden... decriminalise, legalise and then mandate getting blazed.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35007072/

you can defeat the virus

i've been doing my part to defeat covid this entire time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
prohibition didn't cause a civil war, it just caused organized crime

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

haveblue posted:

prohibition didn't cause a civil war, it just caused organized crime

it sure does

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

sure, it wasn’t the main cause of the civil war

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

fart simpson posted:

sure ok

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

glad we can all agree on something for once

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I agree

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

qirex posted:

if anyone tried to restrict americans’ access to alcohol it would absolutely kick off an armed conflict
iirc in quebec you can get wine/beer at like most convenience stores. this measure mostly just hits for hard liquor and weed heads

which, still,

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

the main cause of the civil ear was states rights

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

they can also just get their loving vaccine and stop overloading the healthcare system.

they’re less than 10% of the population but over 50% of hospitalizations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MononcQc posted:

they can also just get their loving vaccine and stop overloading the healthcare system.

they’re less than 10% of the population but over 50% of hospitalizations.

Clearly asking them to isn’t working so the government should probably start forcing them to, and failing to force them to get it is a failure of government.

The hospital system I work for is starting to fly in patients from Tennessee and Kentucky, pretty cool that their failures will impact our ability to get medical care.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

yeah the “no drugs or booze at govt stores” and the new sort of tax sit alright with me. I don’t give a poo poo, I’d just go for mandatory vaccination in time of pandemic.

Apr 7, 2003

My wife’s grandma had school age kids when the polio vaccine was developed and she’s completely boggled about all of this and says everyone is insane now lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife’s grandma had school age kids when the polio vaccine was developed and she’s completely boggled about all of this and says everyone is insane now lol
Everyone I've talked to from the "actually remembers polio" age bracket has been similarly baffled by this poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

y'all acting like the polio vaccine wasn't controversial when it launched. unfortunately, getting Popular Celebrity to go on TV and get it doesn't seem to work now since obviously it's just a fake news cgi construct doing it

Apr 7, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

y'all acting like the polio vaccine wasn't controversial when it launched. unfortunately, getting Popular Celebrity to go on TV and get it doesn't seem to work now since obviously it's just a fake news cgi construct doing it

It wasn't.

Apr 7, 2003

Then again we had a government that wasn't afraid of using power to create an outcome back then, so states were mobilizing the national guard to give it to kids at schools and parents be damned.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
just roll up to businesses and schools and give out the shots

Apr 7, 2003

Polio vaccine uptake among US adults is ~96% last I checked, mainstream vaccine skepticism has only become a thing in the past year or two and it's absolutely going to gently caress up public health for decades to come.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

my mother in law religiously watches tucker carlson and I refused to go to her house on weekday afternoons because she’d have limbaugh on the radio

but she also will not quit about how she got some “polio pioneer” wallet card as a kid in the 50s when she got vaccinated in a field trial. somehow in addition to immunizing her to polio it immunized her to GOP vaccine bullshit and she is triple vaccinated

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...vaccine-hesitan

driven by the same sort of quackery:
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/11/polio-vaccine-antivaxxer-history-duon-miller.amp

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yeah antivax is as old as vaccination itself

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah antivax is as old as vaccination itself

friday night motherfuckers

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

prison guards: the people too dumb to even be cops

quote:

“The prison reported six active cases among inmates and 83 among staff in the last two weeks, as of Wednesday,” and, “At the prison, 91% of inmates and 66% of correctional staff are vaccinated.”
https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1481112953596297216

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

joe brandon impose the weed mandate
https://twitter.com/business/status/1481152460332974081

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Polio vaccine uptake among US adults is ~96% last I checked, mainstream vaccine skepticism has only become a thing in the past year or two and it's absolutely going to gently caress up public health for decades to come.

iirc the modern antivax thing was heavily instigated by some massive rear end in a top hat british doctor called andrew wakefield, around 20 years ago. that one guy's shitfit has been amplified through the right wing bullshit machine is having incredible detrimental effects on global health at the moment