Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Arglebargle III posted:

Judy's quest doesn't make a ton of sense if you went through Clouds violently the first time, which Maeko actually points out. Judy wasn't there and doesn't seem to realize V butchered the entire security staff. If I was Maeko and V walked through the balcony door I would assume I was about to get murdered. It's surprising the conversation doesn't go even worse.

My first playthrough my V must have muttered something under his breath to a guard because as soon as I stowed my weapons in the locker and walked in the entire place went hostile and I ran through that place killing everyone with their own weapons. It was awesome.

I did a playthrough of RDR2 where I always wore the hat of the last guy I killed. Maybe I'll do a run where I use the weapon of the last person I killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
For a while, any time I'd enter the nomad camp people would start screaming and running. Every time. Never so much as had a weapon equipped in there but they'd lose their poo poo like I'd shot the place up. Then they stopped doing that.

No idea why.

Also in The Hunt, love to get a text message while in a BD so there's no way to dismiss it, it just stays up there on the screen until I'm done the segment.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 12, 2022

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The game does seem to be able to detect when you're in certain states and adjust what it does accordingly, but it isn't very consistent. I'll get phone calls in the middle of conversations, meaning I have to split my attention between the person screaming at me over the phone and the person screaming at me in person, but if I get a relic malfunction or start a fight then I can hang up the phone politely, vomit or shoot someone, and then call the person right back to carry on our conversation

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

2house2fly posted:

Something I didn't consider until Tim Rogers pointed it out in his cyberpunk review is, Blade Runner is considered a seminal work of cyberpunk but it lacks the internet, body modifications, or even computers

The movie has synthetic parts (eyes, at least) and computers. Deckard doesn't use any of them, but they exist in the background of the story. The book it's based, on, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, also has a VR Internet that Deckards wife (not in the movie) is addicted to (along with buying synthetic animals). The book has a lot more going on the film, obviously, and the themes those elements revolved around weren't necessary for the ones in the film, so they were cut.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

infernal machines posted:

For a while, any time I'd enter the nomad camp people would start screaming and running. Every time. Never so much as had a weapon equipped in there but they'd lose their poo poo like I'd shot the place up. Then they stopped doing that.

No idea why.

Also in The Hunt, love to get a text message while in a BD so there's no way to dismiss it, it just stays up there on the screen until I'm done the segment.

I wonder if this is also connected to why you get into combat when just driving around now. I hung up and called back Sandra Dorsett about a dozen times in one conversation while driving around the other day.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Robobot posted:

I think there was a gig somewhere in Watson where my target spawned or fell through the world or something because I watched the distance indicator go up until I got a "mission complete" when I'm assuming they hit the bottom.

LEAVING NIGTH CITY

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I was always under the impression that computer tech in Blade Runner is so advanced that people already use them without consciously thinking about it anymore.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Just finished game 1st time; Johnny ending. I think the ending was good TYOOL 2021. Same ending and story writing in 1998-9 would have made teenage me call this the best game in the universe.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
This is from a few days ago, but I reread Do Androids Dream and it absolutely rules. I'm so mad at ~23 year old me for not liking it because Deckard just shoots Roy Baty mid-paragraph instead of having a climactic rooftop chase and tearjerking monologue. Read it if you haven't for some wonderful (albeit depressing) vibes

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

All endings checked; and I am impressed. Writers pulled no punches in stating you that siding with corpos is the worst thing you can do and the one part where you personally change the world for the worse. Even the fourth option ending is just a personal tragedy compared to the all-out you-made-the-bad-guys-win epilogue of the bootlicker ending. not to mention the twist of plot that takes you there.

Even compared to the w3 endings which were not bad by any means CP has impressive endings.

Final assessment: Dildo sword carries the game; endings give it deeper meaning.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Valtonen posted:

All endings checked; and I am impressed. Writers pulled no punches in stating you that siding with corpos is the worst thing you can do and the one part where you personally change the world for the worse. Even the fourth option ending is just a personal tragedy compared to the all-out you-made-the-bad-guys-win epilogue of the bootlicker ending. not to mention the twist of plot that takes you there.

I liked the endings, but a few friends of mine sided with Arasaka on the logic that there would be a lot of allied casualties in the final mission, and it was better that they be corpos instead of friends. I might have missed an ending, but I wish there was a way to go with the corpos for that reason (but to be fair, it does go against your point and the point that the game made over and over about corpos always being bad news).

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I first read Snow Crash as an adult and thought it was simultaneously obnoxious/stupid and cool/smart. I genuinely think it's brilliant in that way. I know a lot of people really hate it, either because of the problematic elements, because they read it straight, or, as you mentioned, that some people read it as teenagers and didn't realize it was a satire and are embarassed by that. (If I read it as a teenager there's 0% possibility I'd have realized I was being made fun of.)

I have heard people argue that it's not intended as satire- I find that argument unconvincing, to say the least, but even if it's not, it works as satire- so let's roll with that.

EDIT: I mean, the main character is named Hiro Protaganist- people don't get that this is satire? There's another character with a tattoo on his forehead that says "POOR IMPULSE CONTROL". Give me a break.

I am not a satire :mad:

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Just reinstalled this last night, did they add some dialogue to the Street Kid intro? There were some lines with Jackie and Stints that I didn't remember the first time through. Also I'm running into just a ton of glitches and bugs. Like more in the first two hours than I did in my entire previous two runs. It makes no sense.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

^^I haven't worked in games but sometimes trying to unfuck hosed code, you end up loving up even more things.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Eason the Fifth posted:

I liked the endings, but a few friends of mine sided with Arasaka on the logic that there would be a lot of allied casualties in the final mission, and it was better that they be corpos instead of friends. I might have missed an ending, but I wish there was a way to go with the corpos for that reason (but to be fair, it does go against your point and the point that the game made over and over about corpos always being bad news).

You can always just roll in solo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Assuming you didn't say one wrong sensible line in a random johnny convo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Khanstant posted:

Assuming you didn't say one wrong sensible line in a random johnny convo.

Indeed. That was pretty loving dumb the way they did that.

However, that ending did feel like the most appropriate one for the way I felt/played about the game.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Is there Any sure information on What you Need to unlock it? Didnt unlock for ne which was a shame.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

It's (i think) either Johnny meter at 70+ or select "the man who saved my life" and "nah, hosed that up too" during the Chippin' In quest. Possibly just the latter. Then at the "choose final mission" screen wait about 5 minutes while the options display

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

2house2fly posted:

It's (i think) either Johnny meter at 70+ or select "the man who saved my life" and "nah, hosed that up too" during the Chippin' In quest. Possibly just the latter. Then at the "choose final mission" screen wait about 5 minutes while the options display

Pretty sure the dialogue is needed. I tried to do just the other part on one or my characters and nothing happened. But when I reloaded and old save and did what you typed it worked.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Valtonen posted:

Is there Any sure information on What you Need to unlock it? Didnt unlock for ne which was a shame.

Have we even figured out what those three status bars actually measure yet? I know one is story and the other is Johnny's attitude towards you, but what was the third one?

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007

Robobot posted:

Have we even figured out what those three status bars actually measure yet? I know one is story and the other is Johnny's attitude towards you, but what was the third one?

I believe they represent progress towards becoming a Night City legend, how much Johnny likes you, and how much of your brain the chip has overwritten.

Ending stuff: If I remember correctly, the first one only hits 100% if you take the Space Heist ending and the last one locks at like 40% or something until you do the point-of-no-return mission.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I don't know why I'm hype (well, excited) for the new skill tree considering it will probably end up being incremental percentage boosts to things that barely effect the game

Unless it's the CyberDolphin Jones tree 🤔

quick hacking from underwater slows time 50% more
eating fish improves your stamina 10% more than uh, regular food
+100% affinity for Ice-T

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Recently finished this game with the nomad ending. Idiot me didn't even realise Keanu Reeves was Johnny all along.

Guess I'm old, now. Or just super dumb.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Wait, so you were aware that Keanu Reeves voiced a character in the game, but you were unsure of what character it was?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I thought I hadn't followed the hype for this game, but I have a long way to go before I reach that level of not following the hype

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I mean, it's no secret that Something Awful posters have an higher-than-average incidence of face blindness. The in-game model isn't that bad or dissimilar to Reeves. And I guess add voice deafness to that.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
gently caress yes I've got an Xbox Series X and a copy of this game, woooooooooooo

- Have they fixed the major glitches or whatever that made everyone hate the game on release?
- Can I play a corpo who slept his way to the top and will continue loving his way through the various problems he encounters in this world?

Thanks!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Ok at what point in the game did you realise Keanu Reeves was Johnny Silverhand? Because it kind of sounds like you didn't realise it until after you finished the game. Like the day after you're watching the new Matrix movie and suddenly you're like "Wait, that's Keanu Reeves?"

surf rock posted:

gently caress yes I've got an Xbox Series X and a copy of this game, woooooooooooo

- Have they fixed the major glitches or whatever that made everyone hate the game on release?
- Can I play a corpo who slept his way to the top and will continue loving his way through the various problems he encounters in this world?

Thanks!

No

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Ok at what point in the game did you realise Keanu Reeves was Johnny Silverhand? Because it kind of sounds like you didn't realise it until after you finished the game. Like the day after you're watching the new Matrix movie and suddenly you're like "Wait, that's Keanu Reeves?"

No

I'm betting on "while watching the credits"

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Me, watching the CP77 credits and expecting to see Elias Toufexis as Johnny Silverhand: "huh"

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Me, watching the CP77 credits and expecting to see Elias Toufexis as Johnny Silverhand: "huh"

Hearing that dude's voice on the Expanse gave me incredible tip-of-the-tongue syndrome and I had the hardest goddamn time placing him :bighow:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Please CDPR I am begging say something about the patch please oh my god

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

a dmc delorean posted:

Recently finished this game with the nomad ending. Idiot me didn't even realise Keanu Reeves was Johnny all along.

lmao

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cyberpunk2077 - Wait, that was Keanu Reeves? (also next gen version not out)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

a dmc delorean posted:

How TF???

I’m nearly 40 hours into my PC play through and there is a lot of jank but nothing game breaking so far. I’m doing all of the side missions (well till I get bored of them) and the POI stuff.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
honestly i just feel really bad and embarrassed for this person who has never seen a John Wick movie

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Cyberpunk2077 - Wait, that was Keanu Reeves? (also next gen version not out)

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

infernal machines posted:

Wait, so you were aware that Keanu Reeves voiced a character in the game, but you were unsure of what character it was?

I think a lot of people might not have recognized him:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

site posted:

honestly i just feel really bad and embarrassed for this person who has never seen a John Wick movie

Seriously the other two are whatever but John Wick is like a top 10 best action movie of all time and Keanu works very hard to make those!!