Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

update:

gracie's opinion on having antibiotics squirted into her mouth is a firm no

prescription cat food is sixty five god drat dollars a bag, this better stop the itching

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

lmao i miss having cats that wrestle

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DING DING DING

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Grand Fromage posted:

update:

gracie's opinion on having antibiotics squirted into her mouth is a firm no

prescription cat food is sixty five god drat dollars a bag, this better stop the itching

That’s not even the best part. Wait until it’s not in stock and now you have a second job hunting down grey market cat food.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
look at da floof on pudding lol it’s summer why u so fuzzy cat

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

tk posted:

That’s not even the best part. Wait until it’s not in stock and now you have a second job hunting down grey market cat food.

Or they just flat goddamn refuse to eat it. I ended up donating probably $75 worth of kidney support food to a shelter because Bandit refused to eat it. He's a picky rear end in a top hat, but he's still hanging in there a year after diagnosis eating regular food.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Milly is already on prescription food for a fish allergy and IBS and now she's getting dandruff but I can't give her fish oil thanks to said fish sensitivity.

care package came in today

https://i.imgur.com/aPSqNgR.mp4

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGgbVtMTHkE

E:

gently caress SNEEP posted:

It's the best. Like MMA only adorable.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Boogalo posted:

Milly is already on prescription food for a fish allergy and IBS and now she's getting dandruff but I can't give her fish oil thanks to said fish sensitivity.

care package came in today

https://i.imgur.com/aPSqNgR.mp4

Your house always seems like it's 100% filled with Amazon boxes and fun stuff for cats.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bandire posted:

Or they just flat goddamn refuse to eat it. I ended up donating probably $75 worth of kidney support food to a shelter because Bandit refused to eat it. He's a picky rear end in a top hat, but he's still hanging in there a year after diagnosis eating regular food.

That's good to hear. I was worried about Alby when they put him on special food for dick crystals because he's a fussy eater but he took to it right away. Also it's relatively cheap for prescription food, a $24 bag lasts me about a month with his eating habits.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Bandire posted:

eat the food Bandit

also drink the water

(if you aren't already administering subcutaneous fluid injections to help his kidneys, be ready for your vet to recommend it at some point, and don't be afraid of it - once i figured proper technique out, it was actually easier to give Kiki her daily fluids than her oral meds. will vary by cat personality of course.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gently caress SNEEP posted:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/665352494381268992/931032822838341662/IMG_1316.mov

heres video of them wrasslin!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
whoops forgot topoast this last month

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

bump_fn posted:

whoops forgot topoast this last month

I can feel the heat coming off that glare.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I've created a monster by introducing Lump to cat gogurts.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

This majestic creature

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

the unexpected micro-heartbreak and ludicrous self-revulsion that comes from finding a sample vial of your dead cat’s bladder stones while rummaging through your desk drawer and getting choked up over it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pastor of muppets posted:

the unexpected micro-heartbreak and ludicrous self-revulsion that comes from finding a sample vial of your dead cat’s bladder stones while rummaging through your desk drawer and getting choked up over it

please do ok

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

TOOT BOOT posted:

Your house always seems like it's 100% filled with Amazon boxes and fun stuff for cats.

Small town + single and live alone + nobody visiting because covid = Lots of mail order and the only space I need is pc desk and home theater and the weight bench sometimes and the cats can have the rest.

Milly still gets the desk a lot.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

That's good to hear. I was worried about Alby when they put him on special food for dick crystals because he's a fussy eater but he took to it right away. Also it's relatively cheap for prescription food, a $24 bag lasts me about a month with his eating habits.

Man, Quill eats three 3oz tins of wet food a day, they're 2.09 each, she eats $190 of wet food a month and also gets a small bit of dry food with each meal so it's basically $200 a month in cat food. It's no big deal but was pretty funny when I realized it.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I tried Rocky on basically every RX urinary diet on the market and never found one he’d consistently eat. I’d get sample cans of a new variety from my vet to try on him, he’d eat it, I’d think oh thank god we’ve found one he actually likes, I’d buy a case of it, he’d turn his nose up at it after a week or two. repeat for a decade.

the tastiness of a prescription diet seems to be inversely proportional to its cost.

when he died I had three full or nearly full cases of uneaten food and five month’s worth of his anti-anxiety meds: all told about $400 worth of stuff. luckily I was able to donate the food to the municipal animal shelter and the meds to the low-cost clinic affiliated with the local SPCA.

pastor of muppets fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 13, 2022

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm lucky Pudding has no big issues eating royal canin urinary and if I order the giant bag it's not too bad in cost.

Any idea if cat poofiness is proportional to how much direct light they get? It's summer but I've got a south facing apartment so he basically never gets any direct sun.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 23, 2023

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u53F5rnNKTc

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm lucky Pudding has no big issues eating royal canin urinary and if I order the giant bag it's not too bad in cost.

Any idea if cat poofiness is proportional to how much direct light they get? It's summer but I've got a south facing apartment so he basically never gets any direct sun.

Amount of daylight hours is linked to shedding, iirc.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Haha they're doing it again! Huh, maybe this is a new Thing?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

don't worry, Calliope, Freya will let you up eventually

underlig
Sep 13, 2007
https://www.redditmedia.com/r/funny/comments/s3uiqm/cabbit/

reminds me of

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

every day when I come home for lunch I document Oliver and Rosemarys cuddling situation

it hasn’t disappointed yet

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

cats

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

every day when I come home for lunch I document Oliver and Rosemarys cuddling situation

it hasn’t disappointed yet

cats

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yes

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

goodbye, catface. i love you

kakotheres
Nov 9, 2016

Do the job that is in front of you
Oh dear lord, please no 😫

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
:( Condolences, Radio.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/EzkRGyJ.gifv

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This has been a rough time. Goodbye Catface, thanks for taking care of her Radio.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh nooooo :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
Holy poo poo Catface noooo. You were so loved by so many you've never met. Thank you for sharing her with us Radio!.