Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Jose posted:

kureishi owns

I like that they finally showed his tongue-out mocking face just like his apperance in Fist of the Seeker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
So uncle Joji's not going to handle the biting?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Chapter was pretty drat good, I did not loving expect the "5 of me" bit.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
How many Eddies would it take to beat a single Nicolas Le Banner?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh hell, but gently caress yeah

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Funny that the manga drastically improved the instant the tournament ended.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
From where I stand, on a pure conceptual level Omega has always been less built around 1v1 sporting-style matches VS just fuckin fighting action movie style like maniacs, so if anything now that the brief interlude of the tournament is over, businesses about to pick up again.

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 17, 2021

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lt. Lizard posted:

Funny that the manga drastically improved the instant the tournament ended.

It's because the new Purgatory characters are mostly whatever and their fights weren't great, op.

"I got beaten into meat paste by my clearly superior opponent but I still won on a rules technicality" is not a great way to sell interesting fighters.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm a big fan of literally everyone clowning on xia ji and think even Koga would have had he not made the correct decision to run as he wasn't alone

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

AAAAAAAIIIEEEEEEEEEE
I-I kneel...!!!

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/DWajbo/chapter-140/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Eddie is strong as gently caress but he sure can't pick decent spare bodies lol

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Oh hey, a villain that actually seems to live up to the hype! A pity about his spares though. :v:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
how many cigars does Eddie have. he's going to pull another one out and light it as he walks away after this fights done isn't he

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1472411574048821248?t=FK-cKB41Ny3xcMDacN0Fsg&s=19

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/k1zggD/chapter-141/

more jobbers incoming

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I need an entire spinoff series of Inspector Narushima and Officer Kureishi to get the taste of this the tournament out of my mouth.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Brought To You By posted:

I need an entire spinoff series of Inspector Narushima and Officer Kureishi to get the taste of this the tournament out of my mouth.

I need this series and I loved the tournament.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I know I'm rooting for Xia Ji to be the last man standing of the trio so I hope his crew does show up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I believe in him.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I draw the line at blocking + breaking professional assassin weapons. That is utterly dumb as gently caress.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

How is this where you draw the line?

One of the earlier fights in the Ashura tournament involved a man with retractable bone swords that could build up gas in his heel to make his feet explode.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

One of the earlier fights in the Ashura tournament involved a man with retractable bone swords that could build up gas in his heel to make his feet explode.

who was fighting the guy who could whip his arm so fast, it cracked the ground and could cleave a man in half, also

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
And the bullet redirecting?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I better question is WHY do i draw the line here. To be honest, I don't know why. I just dislike it very much. The rest of the bullshit I can suspend my belief and enjoy but shattering a weapon is where I think it's dumb.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

xia ji and koga both talk a lot of poo poo and i want to see them fight each other

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Baki has inured me to all kinds of bullshit, keep'em coming.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

where the red fern gropes posted:

xia ji and koga both talk a lot of poo poo and i want to see them fight each other

Koga already owned him into some stairs lol

i really hope his men actually turn up since I want to see more fighting between narushima and kureishi

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Xia Ji being the most satisfying punching bag in Kengan universe will never stop being hilarious. :allears:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The second panel Is a lot funnier if, instead of interpting it as a visual metaphor, you just imagine this giant deity figure bursting through the wall just as kuroki gensai says "I have no blind spots."

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I always interpreted it as him carving a giant deity with his Devil Lance in the floor/wall just to flex. :v:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Lt. Lizard posted:

I always interpreted it as him carving a giant deity with his Devil Lance in the floor/wall just to flex. :v:

That's how I honestly interpreted it, since as the previous page posted there shows, he wasn't exactly shy about doing things to flex his unbreakable fingers for no reason during his early introductions.

That and there's a bunch of rock rubble around him(as though leftovers from EXTREME FINGER CARVING) and he starts off the page by saying "...There." as though he just finished something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude loves poking things.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kanos posted:

That's how I honestly interpreted it, since as the previous page posted there shows, he wasn't exactly shy about doing things to flex his unbreakable fingers for no reason during his early introductions.

That and there's a bunch of rock rubble around him(as though leftovers from EXTREME FINGER CARVING) and he starts off the page by saying "...There." as though he just finished something.

Just because you have good fundamentals, doesn't mean you can't have FUN as well.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

There's an omake image of Rihito training with Gensai and the activity is wood carving using their signature hand techniques. It's 100% the case that Gensai carved that statue just to flex.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
double posting this gem from 4chan

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/e42LRk/chapter-142/

Looking dire for my boy Xia Ji.

Also you can't have every Wu clan member except Ed get horribly killed and expect me to take them seriously.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

nooooooo he touched the jobber knife

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Okay Edward is endearing himself to me. He's stupidly overpowered but I can't not laugh at "Come on, man. I just lit this up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kanos posted:

Okay Edward is endearing himself to me. He's stupidly overpowered but I can't not laugh at "Come on, man. I just lit this up."

Edward I think is Literally wiping out all the other instances of Wu Hei as part of some scheme. I think he literally only wants to pass along "his" version of Wu Hei