Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/joaniejabronie/status/1479254501873827844

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

the chair made me laugh so hard. got em both lmao

lol it was def the highlight of the movie

FROM DOWNTOOOOOOWN!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

there are a lot of scenes in tons of movies where someone throws a chair at someone, but this one is probably the best ive seen

idk why its so great but it is

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/JustifiedFX/status/1482020078061162500

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

gently caress yes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
im down for that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i tried watching that but it didnt work for me at the time it came out, which is weird cause i generally like elmore leonard and walton goggins. i think it was timothy olyphant that put me off it?

anyway is it worth giving the first season another shot

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Carthag Tuek posted:

i tried watching that but it didnt work for me at the time it came out, which is weird cause i generally like elmore leonard and walton goggins. i think it was timothy olyphant that put me off it?

anyway is it worth giving the first season another shot

wtf

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yes

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

also

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
tim olyphant is pretty great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IdgJOr1HSY

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

The Fool posted:

gently caress yes

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

justified was ok. i think we watched maybe 1.5 seasons? it wasnt bad it just didnt do anything that interesting

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I really enjoyed Spiderman 7

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Hell yeah

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

indigi posted:

I really enjoyed Spiderman 7

I've heard it's good but there are just so many spiders men.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Achmed Jones posted:

justified was ok. i think we watched maybe 1.5 seasons? it wasnt bad it just didnt do anything that interesting
Season 2 is perhaps the best season. The even numbered seasons I liked best, in the order they were released. Then odd numbers in order of release

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Achmed Jones posted:

wtf

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

justified season 2 is some of the best television out there and dropping the series in the middle of that is insane to me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh I was wrong, it was Spiderman 8

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I've heard it's good but there are just so many spiders men.

that’s part of what I liked about it but if you haven’t seen the non-Holland Spidermen and Infinity War/Endgame I can’t imagine caring that much about anything that happens in the whole movie. it did feel like the end of a story though, I’m not really looking for the next Tom Holland Spiderman

it kind of made me want another Andrew Garfield Spiderman though

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

tbh im probably misrembering which season we stopped in, it's been a long time. ms jones is excited about the reboot which makes me think we watched it longer. mostly i just remember going "he is justified, he's justified, whoooaa-ohhh he's justified" to the theme music.

i just remember that we kinda just stopped watching it in favor of ...whatever it was at the time idk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Fool posted:

justified season 2 is some of the best television out there and dropping the series in the middle of that is insane to me

Yeah, even season 3 was pretty good. Season 4 is okay, although it's when they start doing the Sons of Anarchy thing where everything goes completely off the rails. Still a pretty fun watch though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
but is he justified and ancient

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

tbh im probably misrembering which season we stopped in, it's been a long time. ms jones is excited about the reboot which makes me think we watched it longer. mostly i just remember going "he is justified, he's justified, whoooaa-ohhh he's justified" to the theme music.

i just remember that we kinda just stopped watching it in favor of ...whatever it was at the time idk

not a reboot, new story set after the show
based on another leonard story

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

but is he justified and ancient
nah he's only like 54

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have only seen the anime spider man and plan to keep it that way

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it’s definitely the best of them all. though I’m already annoyed that the sequel has “part one” in the title

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

my favorite joke in the new Spiderman was when Andrew Garfield grabs Toby and Tom before the big fight and goes “Hey I love you guys alright” and they both say “thank you”

I appreciated that it was an actual character-based joke and not just a quip or reference or meta comment. those barely exist anymore

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

rofl

im like 99% sure bill hader did a character with those excact mannerisms

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

my favorite joke in the new Spiderman was when i didnt watch it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Fool posted:

how about jumping in at season 2 episode 1 with a vague memory of part of the first season

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

my favorite joke in the new Spiderman was when i didnt watch it

that’s not a joke. it doesn’t meet the definitional standard of joke. you’re telling a fib right now.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im telling the fbi

thats a pun

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Decided to watch ETERNALS tonight; I can see why Joe Marvelfilm would have disliked it, it was long in runtime and short on action, and the 'good guys / bad guys' setup revealed to be all grey area literal deus ex machinas probably wasn't primary-coloured enough.

I found it at least a different take on superheroes, surprisingly not as utterly sexless as every other Marvel movie (an actual man and lady doing sex, two fellows married and smooching? Captain America would bite a chunk from the rim of his shield), and the scale of the Celestials was fun in their enormousness. Could have been a lot better - the last act was limp to say the least, but not as terrible as I was expecting.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Zizek is a comedian.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

does zizek talk like that in his first language

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

confirming once and for all that supermechagodzilla was a zizek rereg

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

indigi posted:

does zizek talk like that in his first language

yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0y6FEUyIOk&t=58s

in spite of his lisp, he actually speaks very cleanly considering that the slovenian language has something like 900 dialects, some of which are utterly incomprehensible to anyone outside of the tiny area where it's spoken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the usual jabs about his nose wiping tics aside, he sounds loving great and i love listening to him