Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
sonic is the rodney dangerfield of fast food. it gets no respect. but the burgers are always tasty, and the fries are always good. i dont care about their wacky poo poo like the coney dog or the tots or whatever the gently caress. get a #1 with bacon on it. don't get the double because the extra patty makes it too greasy. flavortown.

i ate one tonight and it was phenomenal. the fries were hot and fresh and i pulled out of the parking lot completely satisfied. sonic haters step up i dare you :blastu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Last time I went to a Sonic I got some boneless wings [sauced up nuggets] and they were pretty good.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
nah sonic is overrated as gently caress. sega can suck my nintendick

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
nobody ever says sonic is good. you are just convincing yourself its overrated. everyone says sonic is bad and I'm here to tell you that sonic is good actually

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like the tater tots

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

In fact I often times only get tater tots, and when they roller skate my tater tots to my car, I ask them to make sure theres tater tots in the bag and when they see that the bag is filled only with tater tots we have a hearty laugh

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
my local sonic has been ON FUCKIN POINT with the tots for the last few months. perfectly salty, slightly overdone and crunchy on the outside but still warm and pillowy on the inside, holy poo poo, they're like to tots what the donalds is to fries when you get that perfect batch.

don't forget TIS THE SEASON that cranberry is an option for all your limeade needs

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
They currently have fritos chili cheese wraps which are not quite as good as Taco Bell but it could be worse.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I like the tater tots

Nikumatic posted:

my local sonic has been ON FUCKIN POINT with the tots for the last few months. perfectly salty, slightly overdone and crunchy on the outside but still warm and pillowy on the inside, holy poo poo, they're like to tots what the donalds is to fries when you get that perfect batch.

don't forget TIS THE SEASON that cranberry is an option for all your limeade needs
The tots are good and not a thing most places carry so it's like a novelty. Maybe hash browns are the closest but not the same. I wonder if places with a sub-par fry game would substitute hash browns for fries with my burger if they have them. :thunk:

I exclusively get cranberry limeade at sonic year-round, though I don't think of going there very often. In the summer especially it is super refreshing. Throw some vodka in there for extra fun. Now I really want one but they are closed :(

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
They do make a surprisingly good burger. It is like Wendy's or Arby's priced rather than Burger King or McDonalds but you get what you pay for.

I have never gotten the slushy iced drink things or the milkshakes full of globs they both sound really good tho

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

We had a Sonic here for I think about 3-4 years.
It closed because it sucked.

Thank you.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Four of the five Sonics closest to me are closed right now. I was going to try that chili Frito wrap but I guess not.

Gregoire
Feb 3, 2014
The breakfast burritos are fire. Of course, I'll get a limeade with them.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

drat, tots AND jalapenos in my burrito? is it my birthday??

every day is your birthday at Sonic Drive-In my son

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

All the ones in my area suck and are owned by a idiot Trump supporter lol

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Their shakes and coney dog are good. Everything else I've tried has been pretty meh.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

i love a corndog and they have the best fast food mozzarella sticks

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
The old Sonic with the skater chicks got turned unto a Hardee's. Before that it was a Boston Market.

They built a new one.

Cheese curds and mozzarella sticks are always on point tho.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

The quality of a Sonic heavily depends on location. The one in the town I live in, for example, will never get my business again. I once waited over an hour for my order, only to get half of it and even that was wrong. Never has onion rings, burgers are always cold, doesn't seem to understand a cherry limeaid extra lime is not the same as a cherry sprite with no fruit. OTOH, one in a town 45 minutes away always gets my drink order when I'm there - mouth-puckeringly tart and almost an entire lime worth of extra lime every time.

Find a good one first. The chicken tender basket, onion ring, cheddar peppers, and banana split are stars of the show.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Hmmm might have to try out Sonic

----------------

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I tried out a Sonic for the first time and I found it: pretty good. I had a New Yawk-style hot dog and a cherry ice something-or-other. I like that they try to put some variety in their menus. Friendly vibe, pretty clean. Overall 4/5, I would go back.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No poo poo, OP.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Sonic is acceptable.

----------------

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

barnold posted:

sonic is the rodney dangerfield of fast food. it gets no respect. but the burgers are always tasty, and the fries are always good. i dont care about their wacky poo poo like the coney dog or the tots or whatever the gently caress. get a #1 with bacon on it. don't get the double because the extra patty makes it too greasy. flavortown.

i ate one tonight and it was phenomenal. the fries were hot and fresh and i pulled out of the parking lot completely satisfied. sonic haters step up i dare you :blastu:

coney dog and tots are really good

the god tier item at sonic is the ched r peppers tho

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
There was one Sonic near me and I decided to finally go there the other day and it closed cause of the pandemic so I’ll never know if it’s good or not,

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

for a "special treat" order one of their soft pretzels with a tub of cheese dipping product and then dip your mozzarella sticks and/or ched r peppers into the cheese dipping product

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The subway nearest to me closed due to road construction and even though there are a weirdly large number of sonics on the outskirts of town that one in the middle covered all of midtown.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I like their slushes but then I found a RaceTrac store with a slushy machine and it's basically the same thing so now I don't really bother with Sonic. The one by me is too inconsistent to trust anyway. Sometimes everything is hot and fresh and handed to me in under five minutes. Sometimes it takes twenty minutes and it's all barely warm leaving me wondering what I was left waiting for. I can deal with either experience, but I gotta know what to expect going in.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I have never gotten sonic op.

----------------

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Lawman 0 posted:

That's crazy

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

*nodding head while playing angry birds on phone* drat dude thats wild

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they do flash sales all the time, like $.50 corn dogs or $1 chili cheese dogs on a random thursday. it rules. they also consistently do half-price burgers on tuesday nights; the basic #1 at sonic is upper-tier, better than wendy's

----------------

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Bacon cheeseburger toaster owns but I don't think they're at every sonic. Also, the Tuesday burgs are a great deal as mentioned above

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Admittedly haven’t really had their burgers much before (usually get the cheddar bites), but I tried the double patty melt yesterday and it might have been the best fast food burg I’ve had in ages.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Urdnot Fire posted:

Admittedly haven’t really had their burgers much before (usually get the cheddar bites), but I tried the double patty melt yesterday and it might have been the best fast food burg I’ve had in ages.

Just got it today and I would agree. Everything was well done. Burgers were juicy, just enough mustard, good onions, and the bread was solid. I’ll be going back for another.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

i had a pretzel twist and a corndog for a snack yesterday they were great

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

an actual dog posted:

coney dog and tots are really good

the god tier item at sonic is the ched r peppers tho

in high school i sat next to some burnout kid who worked at sonic and told me the ched r bites and peppers look like theyre covered in cum when theyre still frozen. i always think about that when i eat em

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

TipTow posted:

in high school i sat next to some burnout kid who worked at sonic and told me the ched r bites and peppers look like theyre covered in cum when theyre still frozen. i always think about that when i eat em

I also think constantly of cum

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

i dont constantly think of cum. just when im eating those delicious bites from Sonic. It would be unhealthy to eat that much Sonic :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Sonic owns, & their breakfast burritos are weirdly good