Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Actually watching all the Twitter blue checks have to pull a 180 and go full adoration and apologetics of First Woman President Kyrsten Sinema would be dark comedy of the highest order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Nonsense posted:

I really wouldn’t mind getting rid of Henry Cuellar with a Republican. The valley is just drunk drivers, corrupt politicians and the best cocaine in America.

Whats up?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Nothus posted:

Actually watching all the Twitter blue checks have to pull a 180 and go full adoration and apologetics of First Woman President Kyrsten Sinema would be dark comedy of the highest order.

Lol. I hate this subforums gift of prophecy.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Kamala owes me enough money for a down payment on a house

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nothus posted:

America deserves President Sinema.

You worms get nothing, I'm late for my winetasting class.

it's called a smorgasvein and it's elegantly cultural

B.F. Pinkerton
Nov 29, 2021

Paul's Boutique
(+1) 718-498-1043
Brooklyn, New York

Nothus posted:

I, for one, welcome the Sinema administration, as well as Vice President Manchin, to the resistance.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Truly one of the worst public speakers

https://twitter.com/_dog_soldier_/status/1481808345665265674?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

the demographic obsession is what weirds me out about a lot of liberals. i grew up in south texas and was surrounded by mexicanos and tejanos for most of my life but I don't give a poo poo; there were still racists and dumbasses, they were just a different shade than the usual racists and dumbasses. also even if minorities make up a majority of americans in the near future that isn't going to prevent the system from just... acting to preserve the power of a white minority. you can't pretend that minorities are a hivemind and then bank on them fixing all of the issues with your country

liberalism is premised on a kind of legalistic egalitarianism that precludes the existence of "class." to them the only distinction between rich & poor is their ability to consume, and political & social relations are tertiary concerns. so if your ideology doesn't see class, then race is the only possible faultline. There's an assumption that racial identity forms political identity because that's been America's relationship to blackness - but other people do not engage with American society the same way. They have their own ideas about race and politics.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

it's like a hallmark card :)

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Elex was a pretty good game, excited for Elex 2

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Doctor Jeep posted:

biden and the dems managed to blackpill mcmagic lol

Maybe How are u will be next?

I don’t know about that one though he seems exceptionally and hopelessly retarded

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nothus posted:

America deserves President Sinema.

You worms get nothing, I'm late for my winetasting class.

She has absolutely no chance of ever becoming President because she comes across as being annoying. It's as simple as that.

B.F. Pinkerton
Nov 29, 2021

Paul's Boutique
(+1) 718-498-1043
Brooklyn, New York

Fame Douglas posted:

She has absolutely no chance of ever becoming President because she comes across as being annoying. It's as simple as that.

I dunno, Hillary was possibly the most obnoxious candidate in American political history, and yet she still managed to nab the third, now fifth, most votes in American electoral history. All Sinema has to do is yasssss queen slay her way to the White House and avoid making any corny remarks and she should be good as gold

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

I dunno, Hillary was possibly the most obnoxious candidate in American political history, and yet she still managed to nab the third, now fifth, most votes in American electoral history. All Sinema has to do is yasssss queen slay her way to the White House and avoid making any corny remarks and she should be good as gold

yeah if she got obama to make a call on her behalf then it's a coin flip if she's the next pres

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

check the websitegoogle it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

The Clintons spent decades cementing themselves at the center of the democratic party though. Maybe she could pull if off, but it would be a very different path from Hillary's.

B.F. Pinkerton
Nov 29, 2021

Paul's Boutique
(+1) 718-498-1043
Brooklyn, New York

mastershakeman posted:

yeah if she got obama to make a call on her behalf then it's a coin flip if she's the next pres

barack obama is the american grichka bogdanoff.

"she ran? bump the poll numbers."

B.F. Pinkerton
Nov 29, 2021

Paul's Boutique
(+1) 718-498-1043
Brooklyn, New York

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The Clintons spent decades cementing themselves at the center of the democratic party though. Maybe she could pull if off, but it would be a very different path from Hillary's.

she can just run as the young gay hillary and the dummies who love that type of poo poo will eat it up

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I can't even imagine Sinema being as popular as Kamala.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

And, lol, sinema may win the nomination but no way in hell will she actually win the presidency.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I wonder what figure it would take to do to them what Trump did to the Bushes.

What if Trump goes back to being a Democrat and tries to primary Biden in 2024

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sinema's never going to be the nominee because she already played foil to congressional Democrats. It doesn't matter how many vapid goons out there fawn at her every lame attempt at being epic, she has no real constituency in the public.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

ME, a chump: "how can i afford to pay my $2000 a month health insurance premiums?"

KAMALA HARRIS: "google it!"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sinema's never going to be the nominee because she already played foil to congressional Democrats. It doesn't matter how many vapid goons out there fawn at her every lame attempt at being epic, she has no real constituency in the public.

Yeah, I feel like the media primary voters read and watch spending the last year claiming she and Manchin are singlehandedly responsible for stopping Biden from being FDR 2 is probably a bigger damper on her primary hopes than she realizes. The rumours about her running have also been saying she's really out of touch and is basically being kept in a bubble by close allies and big-money donors, so she may legitimately not realize the degree to which Democrats are blaming her for their overall failures.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

DEMOCRATS, to anyone expecting them to follow through on a single campaign promise:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Fame Douglas posted:

Don't tell her that. I want to watch her eat poo poo on live TV in the primaries.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Not sure why people are hyping Sinema when she is likely to be to the far left of the democratic base in a year or two

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

Not sure why people are hyping Sinema when she is likely to be to the far left of the democratic base in a year or two

if they both ran sinema would be hard-pressed to flank kam to the right

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Doctor Jeep posted:

biden and the dems managed to blackpill mcmagic lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

sinema is going to be trumps VP

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

sinema is going to be trumps VP

to many syllables in surname or else i'd agree

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

sinema is a lovely name so her candidacy is dead in the water

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

keeping biden away from the media and locked up in the whitehouse makes a lot of sense if you account for contagious dementia

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Feldegast42 posted:

interesting news on that front considering now that Donald Drumpf is out of office, COVID is officially over for all the blue states just in time to feed all their olds to Omicron

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Everybody's so tired. We just want our lives back. Maybe the virus will go easy on us if we show enough contrition to it.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

He did not and Hillary's polls went up after each one, with the biggest bump coming after the first one. Her numbers would plateau or be declining going into each of them.

^ Literally the only thing anyone remembers from those debates

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

bi crimes posted:

sinema is a lovely name so her candidacy is dead in the water

On Synema

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i know the modern politician is not expected to actually govern but wouldn't you pick someone who is either charismatic or at the very least able to convincigly pretend they have a clue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I can't imagine most voters even watch the debates.