Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i own a toyota corrola from 2009 but i am not allowed to get my license because i dissociate fairly regularly, my wife drives me around and i appreciate it. i pump the gas whenever we need it and also pay for the gas usually, but anyways do you have a drivers license and a car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
yeah i gotta honda civic. gotta vtech engine in it. i love her

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Jeff Wiiver posted:

yeah i gotta honda civic. gotta vtech engine in it. i love her

thats sick how fast does it go do you obey the speed limit or do you like to be a bad rear end

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
yes it has 8 cylinders and makes over 450hp

i only drive it ~3 times a week because i work from home now and usually bike most places because city life owns

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Chinatown posted:

i only drive it ~3 times a week because i work from home now and usually bike most places because city life owns

im allowed to ride a bike which seems stupid especially considering ive crashed it a few times but they cant take away my right to a bike

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Yes I have a car.... and its a dec little numb er

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
i drive slow. i just like knowing i can go fast if needed (in case of bee attacks, etc.)

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I own two bicycles, OP, but it's often easy enough to get where I'm going on foot.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Saying you "own" the car sounds like such an outdated social moor

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
No. I own and drive a truck. It’s big and smelly and old.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I have a Kia soul, an older model instead of the more recent ones with the rear lights that look like Goatse's rear end in a top hat.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

3 bicycles and 1 motorcycle

my GF owns the car (a totally reasonable 2009 toyota matrix in RED and one day im going to switch the Matrix badge for a Supra badge and never mention it) but i probably put more miles on it than her doing road trips and stuff (but she is with me while doing said road trips)

anything is better than walking

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Nah. I'm blind as a bat and got no depth perception and it's safer for everyone if I stick to urban areas with transit options.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I have been continually licensed to drive a car for 37 years. Motorcycles, about 17. I have a 2013 Smart car, which I bought used, for cash. Never buy a car other than with cash if you can help it. I walk to work unless the weather is nasty.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Das Boo posted:

Nah. I'm blind as a bat and got no depth perception and it's safer for everyone if I stick to urban areas with transit options.

yeah its for everyone elses sake i dontn lie and say im normal i dont want to hurt anyone ever

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Oh Don Piano posted:

Is that like Othello at a party?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Oh Don Piano posted:

outdated social moor is my dancing name

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chinatown posted:

i wanted to get a fast car and besides also wanting to get a moto i didnt want to spend the coin to get a car that makes over 300 hp so instead i got my KAWASAKI NINJA 650 on the cheap

its "medium" in the world of motos which is nuts since it will do 0-60 mph in 4 seconds all day, everyday. it does lose steam in the really illegal speed limit area though.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yes, i live in a suburban area of the usa and it would be almost impossible to live without owning and driving a car

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sid Vicious posted:

im allowed to ride a bike which seems stupid especially considering ive crashed it a few times but they cant take away my right to a bike

riding a bike gives me more joy than driving. really.

im the engine!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

I own a used Terrain, all paid for. I had bought it when my wife was alive, thinking we could use it for vacation trips to visit her family. She passed before we could take even a single trip in it. On the plus side, I've been able to help friends and family haul stuff, so I have that going for me.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I have a 2000 Toyota Corolla. I like driving a lot, I find it super relaxing. Honestly I reckon I'd have a lot of fun as an Uber driver but sharing a small enclosed car with strangers all day long in a pandemic is an awful idea.

Also: Just great to have something mobile you can live in in the event of an emergency.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Smik posted:

I own a used Terrain, all paid for. I had bought it when my wife was alive, thinking we could use it for vacation trips to visit her family. She passed before we could take even a single trip in it. On the plus side, I've been able to help friends and family haul stuff, so I have that going for me.

omg i am so sorry for your loss

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

i own a toyota corrola from 2009 but i am not allowed to get my license because i dissociate fairly regularly...

Have you asked a doctor whether your "dissociation" might be related to your recreational drug use?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

BigBadSteve posted:

Have you asked a doctor whether your "dissociation" might be related to your recreatiional drug use?

i dont use drugs but thank you i have had problems with dissociation since my TBI at 4 i dont smoke weed any more and im 12 years sober of everything else

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

i dont use drugs but thank you i have had problems with dissociation since my TBI at 4 i dont smoke weed any more and im 12 years sober of everything else

Smart choice Sid. I'm glad you have your wife to drive you when needed. :)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sid Vicious posted:

i own a toyota corrola from 2009

numberoneposter posted:

my GF owns the car (a totally reasonable 2009 toyota matrix
I also own a car from 2009. Nissan Sentra.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Murdstone posted:

I also own a car from 2009. Nissan Sentra.

nice how fast you get that thing going

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sid Vicious posted:

nice how fast you get that thing going
I once was driving through PA to visit family and trying to beat the GPS time estimate and caught myself going over 90 and thought "This is a dumb way to die" so I try to stay around the speed limit now, or not more than 10 above at the most.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Murdstone posted:

I once was driving through PA to visit family and trying to beat the GPS time estimate and caught myself going over 90 and thought "This is a dumb way to die" so I try to stay around the speed limit now, or not more than 10 above at the most.

dang thats super fast because youre american so its miles yeah?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

i have a car but i don't drive it any more since i can work from home until???

it's rusty and creaky though, 2003 civic

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I used to have a corolla from 2007 but i bought a 2015 corolla right before covid became a thing and used cars got all expensive

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Nooner posted:

I used to have a corolla from 2007 but i bought a 2015 corolla right before covid became a thing and used cars got all expensive

yeah we had an 08 cobalt we got for 2000 and then it staryed to fall apart and this 09 corolla was 6500 but my mom bought it and im paying her back so theres no interest

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sid Vicious posted:

dang thats super fast because youre american so its miles yeah?
Yeah, PA is Pennsylvania. I didn't drive that fast all the time but that was when I started to check my speed when driving.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can't afford one anymore so I take public transit everywhere.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Yes. America is hard without a car even in a city.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
Yes. A Honda civic. I named it S Car. Sometimes when I'm on long drives I chant, "S Car, S Car, S Car go!" over and over.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Haji posted:

Yes. A Honda civic. I named it S Car. Sometimes when I'm on long drives I chant, "S Car, S Car, S Car go!" over and over.

lol i hope it faster than a snail!

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

What’s the biggest gas guzzler? I drive that one on a treadmill made for cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Yes, op. My wife and I own three cars/suvs and I have two motorcycles. I'm currently thinking about adding an Energica Ego to the stable unless I find a clean, white/orange KTM RC8R first and decide to stay with ICE power a bit longer.