Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I think Pelor is pretty powerful he could definitely defeat Zeus but Bahamut could beat them both together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
it is Allah op

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What are his special powers?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That one version of Purphuros who does damage when things enter the battlefield, always gets me

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's goku

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
One time I had an ai dungeon adventure where there was a clown with a sword and when I swept the clown's leg and knocked the clown down the clown said "Little one, you would kill me? You would kill a god, little one?" and then the clown said his name was Tych and he wanted to help me then I chopped his head off with the sword but then he came back after I slept in a dirty shack in the woods as if nothing was wrong.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

The blind idiot daemon sultan Azathoth.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Rymyrgand, the beast of winter and lord of entropy. At the end, he will be the one to bury all other gods.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Marduk, slayer of Tiamat

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The one who can microwave a burrito so big, even HE couldn't eat it.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
It kind of blew my mind as a kid when I watched the Charlton Heston Ten Commandments movie and there was a scene where they made it pretty clear that the Egyptian gods were real, but Yahwey was totally better than them and could kick their asses. I hadn't thought that was a way that monotheism could work. Like, I assumed before that monotheism meant that there was one real god and everything else was fake.

Also that movie makes it clear that Moses was basically a wizard, and he just won because he was the highest powered wizard in his area.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

dunno about most, but Bes and Beset are real, and strong, and the life of any party

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Edward Mass posted:

The one who can microwave a burrito so big, even HE couldn't eat it.

Why's it gotta be a he? Certainly a gender ambiguous divine being with the same ability to hurt themselves with 7-11 burritos would have a wider appeal right?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Kharnifex posted:

Marduk, slayer of Tiamat

It's Marduk, OP.

Marduk is the most powerful and oldest known version of the Storm God vs. Cthonic Dragon myth and defeats the strongest dragon. Thor, Zeus, and Set (before he turned evil) are just weaker variations of the same theme and don't even come close.

The Hindu Pantheon is the only other one with gods that could really give Marduk a challenge, imo.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Blastedhellscape posted:

It kind of blew my mind as a kid when I watched the Charlton Heston Ten Commandments movie and there was a scene where they made it pretty clear that the Egyptian gods were real, but Yahwey was totally better than them and could kick their asses. I hadn't thought that was a way that monotheism could work. Like, I assumed before that monotheism meant that there was one real god and everything else was fake.

Also that movie makes it clear that Moses was basically a wizard, and he just won because he was the highest powered wizard in his area.

Egypt really screwed itself when it took down its top two fighters, IMO. I feel like Set and Sekhmet at their best could both really give ol' Yahweh a proper fight. But by the time that conflict came around, Set was dead and Sekhmet was a harmless drunk.

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 16, 2022

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

He's up there, but no. The Buddah eventually beats him, locks him up, then makes him wear a weird bondage crown so he'll obey. It's kind of hosed up.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Shiva

Loki is 2nd

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
If you're worried about the wind in the bronze age near east, look out for El.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Blow posted:

Shiva

Loki is 2nd

Is Shiva stronger than Kali? I know they are related (consorts?), but I think Kali is the slightly more dedicated fighter.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Egypt really screwed itself when it took down its top two fighters, IMO. I feel like Set and Sekhmet at their best could both really give ol' Yahweh a proper fight. But by the time that conflict came around, Set was dead and Sekhmet was a harmless drunk.

Do you think the Egyptian priesthood had like a pre-planned story arc? So like you could show up to church excited to hear the next exciting installment of "Set vs. Amon-Ra" or was it just "yeah the gods did this, and here they are now and will never change..."

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

cult_hero posted:

Do you think the Egyptian priesthood had like a pre-planned story arc? So like you could show up to church excited to hear the next exciting installment of "Set vs. Amon-Ra" or was it just "yeah the gods did this, and here they are now and will never change..."

Set never fought Ra. He was Ra's ally and protector. It was his strength that kept Apep from eating the sun.

He betrayed Osiris, though. It's believed this is a later development in the mythology and does coincide with certain political shake-ups. Set's status as the "god of foreigners" eventually turned the public against him.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hmm yes yes, very interesting.

Which one is the hottest though?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it me

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Meme Poker Party posted:

Once more, we go all the way back to Babylon: it's Tiamat.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I think this Baal guy seems pretty strong, nothing bad could happen to him

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Meme Poker Party posted:

Our god is the fun god, our god is the sun god!

Ra! Ra! Ra!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

this was to both the op and MPP

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
God.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

cult_hero posted:

Ra! Ra! Ra!

Wow it really is a tough choice! Which one do you guys think is hottest????

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I control my own universe. My reality. I own it. Good and Bad.

I am the God OP.

BITCH

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Chinatown posted:

I am the God OP.

BITCH

lol why you still a normal dude then owned boitch

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Huehuecóyotl

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sid Vicious posted:

lol why you still a normal dude then owned boitch

i didnt say it is easy sid.

in fact, its really hard.

the struggle is what makes you.

bivtch

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Chinatown posted:

i didnt say it is easy sid.

in fact, its really hard.

the struggle is what makes you.

bivtch

its so cold here can you work on that

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Chinatown posted:

I am the God OP.

BITCH

Yeah, but it only extends from 15th street to main by the river.

You're the patron god of rat infested warehouses and that one really good kebab cart by the bondage club that's open till 4.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sid Vicious posted:

its so cold here can you work on that

was a nice 69 degrees here today

ill set aside time to work on your ticket

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

cult_hero posted:

You're the patron god of rat infested warehouses and that one really good kebab cart by the bondage club that's open till 4.

sounds dope

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Our lord and savior Jesus Christ and his AR-15

roashru
Jan 16, 2022
the one who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod