Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Anyone ever get any pens and things from Muji? Lovely little set of pens available tow "jot a thought" or two down. but who's counting? The notebooks will also have you smiling with pleasure. And the price isn't bad enough to make you think twice. So, anyone enjoy Muji?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This AV is courtesy of your best GBS buds!
Doesn't your new MBP (16 cores and inches likewise) have a notepad application, op? What is the advantage to taking analog notes?

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Smugworth posted:

Doesn't your new MBP (16 cores and inches likewise) have a notepad application, op? What is the advantage to taking analog notes?

That's precisely why I'm personally not going to purchase anything from Muji at the current moment OP. However I do like to keep an open mind and keep abreast of what is cool, and share it with my fellow posters.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't live in japan

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I would very much like Japanese art supplies, thank you

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Op don't ever talk about Glorious Nippon you are unworthy

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Op don't ever talk about Glorious Nippon you are unworthy

Do you like chasing clout, seth peck sniff?

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Spinz posted:

I would very much like Japanese art supplies, thank you

Check out muni in store or online OP

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Muji

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just buy the cheap bic pens at walmart, they work great for taking notes

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Literally all the pens I own are from Muji!

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

mkvltra posted:

Literally all the pens I own are from Muji!

What do you think of them op. Do you have any of their note books

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

styls trill epic posted:

Do you like chasing clout, seth peck sniff?

No that's why I always post in your threads

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
So is this like some Ikea like store? Where the production design is pretty ascetically pleasing, but the materials used is still low grade wood and plastic.

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .
My Muji sells decent clothes and fancy air freshener/diffuser things. It is very good. Muji is good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Muji penis

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

styls trill epic posted:

What do you think of them op. Do you have any of their note books

I got no note books. I think the pens are extremely high-quality for their price and I bought a lot of them because I don't plan on using any other brand any time soon.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

lookin at this Muji establishment and they have slippers for five dollars I could be persuaded to purchase. five dollars is a worthy price for slippers i say

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

The real winner product is washi tape (biodegradable and recyclable AND decorative), but you can get that basically anywhere now.

I wish Muji sold Frixion pens.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
I visited one in Melbourne many years ago and there had been much talk of opening in Brisbane (fwiw Moss Burger and Daiso opened franchizes in QLD first so I was hopeful) but that was probs 8 years ago now and I aint got no stinking muji here to spend money on their skincare or stationary.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Dude, you overpay on everything.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'm all about these planners though https://www.1101.com/store/techo/en/lineup/

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OP touting product he states he doesn't even use. Presumably paid advertising, his new 'side hustle gig'. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3990954&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

What a scumbag. Someone give him a good clout.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I remember hearing that they never put logos on anything until they came to the us and they didn’t do well until they put Muji on all their stuff

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
how's anyone gonna know it's a honda without the h

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

used to me a store in the mall called Miniso that was basically a japanese dollar store and idk how it closed before loving spencers but its gone now and im pissed off, im not paying import prices on watermelon soda

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Somewhere on Japanese Reddit a kid is waxing poetic about Trapper Keepers.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I have a stockpile of muji pens that I hoard

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

used to me a store in the mall called Miniso that was basically a japanese dollar store and idk how it closed before loving spencers but its gone now and im pissed off, im not paying import prices on watermelon soda

Miniso is a Chinese attempt to squish Muji's aesthetic into Daiso's business model. Results may vary.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Miniso is a Chinese attempt to squish Muji's aesthetic into Daiso's business model. Results may vary.

oh word i know some of those words

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
I'm a tokyuhands kinda guy

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I have a ridiculous amount of stuff from Muji, glassware, bowls, bed linen, candles, stationery and whatnot. Their clothes sizes don’t seem to have made any concession to chunky gaijin though, so apart from the odd pair of 90 degree socks as a stocking filler for my wife at Xmas I have to say ‘iie’ to their clothing department.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

I know what this means and agree at least for the ones in Sunnybank Brisbane.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
sorry op i only buy american like bic and generic number two pencils. mined and processed in the good ol usa

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

I think Miniso also is trying to put some Uniqlo pizzazz in there as well. At least with their logo.

So, for the Tokyo bachelors out there:

Uniqlo - Underwear, socks, sweatpants, occasional fluffy cardigan
Muji - Notepads, humidifiers/scent diffusers, bedding, slippers, maybe a bottle of tea
Olympic - Anything you want from Muji but it's too far away and off-brand will do
Tokyu Hands - Xacto knives, bath bombs, wooden dowels, puzzles, stationery, metal dowels, Dremmel bits, hacksaws, money belts for travel, tongue scrapers and bath rugs

edit; forgot Don Quijote - CBD gummies, hangover tonics, masturbatory aids, cocktail mixers and fire hazards

Nice Tuckpointing! fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 17, 2022

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

You might think muji is only for Japanese people, but I know a Chinese guy who goes there all the time. I figure if they let a Chinese guy in you can probably go there as well op

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I wish there was a Muji in Atlanta. It's a nice store to get some classy, no-nonsense basics. I have considered buying notebooks off there but I'm easily the kind of person who buys 100 notebooks, writes in 15 pages or so and then mysteriously loses them, so it's all quite wasted on me.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I don't know about Muji but I just bought my very first fountain pen after 35 years of writing and now ballpoints make me barf. Nice pens are nice

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i also have not used muji but i like Lihit Labs and Kokuyo notebooks for fountain pens hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I have a black faux-leather notebook I intend to write the final draft of something(s) in, and a black ink ballpoint with some bright flowers and a cheery festive skull grinning on the end. I got them on the Oregon coast, the last time my family was able to take a vacation at all. no, I do not know the brand name of either item. branding has precious little to do with why they’re important to me