Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Well I just saw that Eternals was streaming on Disney Plus. Looked pretty sick when I saw the trailer during when I saw dune, but of course most anything is gonna look epic on such a big screen. Is it a good movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
idk op youre asking about a piece of media in gbs so even if its good everyone will say it sucks rear end

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Robo Reagan posted:

idk op youre asking about a piece of media in gbs so even if its good everyone will say it sucks rear end

Thats true OP but they like dune.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

it got terrible reviews

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Doctor Dogballs posted:

it got terrible reviews

Well thats tough to hear OP. It looked pretty sick from the trailers

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Then give it an Aspirin and put it to bed instead of watching it suffer you sicko

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

What the gently caress is the Eternals

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Poohs Packin posted:

Jack Kirby's worst stuff turned in the worst Marvel comic movie in a long time.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Poohs Packin posted:

Disney couldn't get the rights to X-Men back so tried to make one of the many discount versions from comics nobody has ever heard of is my understanding

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I already made a better thread about the eternals

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3984080&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 17, 2022

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I saw it 6 times in the theater and give it five golden man babies, OP. Possibly the greatest film of all time in the entire universe

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

It's this, though they kinda botched the story from page to screen.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I haven't seen it and prob won't for a couple more years when I need something to fold laundry to

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It's a searing indictment of modern culture, intelligently framed with possibly the best cinematography of the century. It's an action packed extravaganza and a satirical political thriller. The score is probably the best music I have ever heard, impeccably timed to evoke mood after churning mood. Highs follow lows, tears follow joy. I saw it in cinema and the audience spent more time applauding than not. I predict it will win atleast 10 Oscars. Also there's a scene with a boob in it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It has Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek and Gemma Chan running around in tight leather outfits and that is worth it. Otherwise the plot is garbage

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Honest review OP.

It was okay. Generic “team” action movie. I recall not really caring about any of the main characters, thinking the baddie was boring and thought they overused the whole “here’s an event in history we were present for” flashback way too much when I would have preferred some present day character development instead. Performances were all okay but nobody stood out enough to elevate the movie. I could have just left this whole review at “generic” tbh.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It's also got two of the GoT guys and one of the characters is named Sersi. It's wacky, LOL!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a film where the climactic battle is a woman choosing to have an abortion so its the only marvel movie worth existing even if all the rest of the film is dogshit.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somebody post the photo of terrifying roided out Kumail Nanjiani so we can close this thread already.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Jose posted:

Disney couldn't get the rights to X-Men back so tried to make one of the many discount versions from comics nobody has ever heard of is my understanding

Truth. And it’s boring as hell.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

It wasn't very good. Not funny, not interesting, no cool action, no cool characters. The only thing that saved it was Gemma Chan being on my screen.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

jazzyhattrick posted:

Somebody post the photo of terrifying roided out Kumail Nanjiani so we can close this thread already.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dickspermals

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's on Disney plus so don't pay money to see it.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

It’s bad, not in a fun way but more of a checking the run time can’t believe an hour to go way. Oddly Kumail Nanjiani is the best part as he had some funny bits.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szFj2ROOsio

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Jenna Malone's not in it so HARD PASS

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

It's better than shang chi and the legend of the ten things OP

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I think this will go the way of the Inhumans and we'll just never hear from them again. I can't see them actually doing a sequel since this movie doesn't have any ties to the multiverse poo poo going on right now. I guess they could cameo in GoG or The Marvels but likely best to just move on.

Everyone should be watching Peacemaker anyway

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
It's better looking and better shot than nearly all other Marvel movies, but its pretty dull with forgettable characters.

They do give the Earth a partial birth abortion at the end, which is fun.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

fishing with the fam posted:

It's better looking and better shot than nearly all other Marvel movies, but its pretty dull with forgettable characters.

They do give the Earth a partial birth abortion at the end, which is fun.

In the comics, the Avengers make a new HQ in the body of a dead Celestial so that would be funny is that they did that in the MCU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Bonzo posted:

I think this will go the way of the Inhumans and we'll just never hear from them again. I can't see them actually doing a sequel since this movie doesn't have any ties to the multiverse poo poo going on right now. I guess they could cameo in GoG or The Marvels but likely best to just move on.

Everyone should be watching Peacemaker anyway
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Even though this movie establishes extremely far-reaching lore for the MCU, I think every other movie will just ignore that it happened.
I will as well.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

styls trill epic posted:

Well thats tough to hear OP. It looked pretty sick from the trailers

gotta respectfully disagree there op, the trailers also looked like a piece of poo poo that fell out of someone's rear end, that's just one man's opinion though

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It's basically discount Justice League, it even has Superman, the Flash and Wonderwoman. And Justice League was already a terrible movie to begin with.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Marvels first openly gay superhero also caused Hiroshima so

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
It's started with multiple paragraphs and I turned it off

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

it sucks rear end!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

It was eh. I think the worst thing about it was how the glowy circles and lines aesthetic was overused. I've been enjoying the episodic stuff on D+ much more than the movies lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I watched it the other night and it was, uh, pretty boring. Not really worth the 2.5 hours IMO.

Shang Chi was fun and engaging, in my experience.