Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i haven't bothered to get an external HDD for my laptop so it has to be super small like... i dunno like 5 gig MAX

also it has to run on a cheapo laptop... but if its only 5 gig then that takes care of itself prolly

if it was free that would be coo :kiddo:

must be really fun and weird

surely there's something like that bop[ing around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

play Land of Ligma (LoL)

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
old school runescape

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Maplestory

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No you don't they loving suck. Do literally anything else with your time.

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Might I interest you in saving a whole lot of time and just taking a hammer to your balls directly?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

precision posted:

must be really fun and weird

Most MMOs aren't weird, and none of them is fun.

No, that wasn't bad grammar; "none" is classically singular.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

why not just watch some tv instead

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

BluPotato posted:

Might I interest you in saving a whole lot of time and just taking a hammer to your balls directly?

Yeah but he wants to do it ~*Incrementally*~

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
here's a tip OP; want something different

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Have you tried Elderscrolls Online?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

why not just watch some tv instead

i hear u, i hear u, but like...

have u ever tried watching tv and gaming at the same time

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
because like, it's pretty baller

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
sometimes i put a movie on the flat screen and game on the lap top and also have spotify going on my phone :cool:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rotation based combat sucks

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Play FF14

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

kntfkr posted:

here's a tip OP; want something different

This is the best advice you will receive in the thread, I assure you.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

precision posted:

sometimes i put a movie on the flat screen and game on the lap top and also have spotify going on my phone :cool:

what the gently caress

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Play a text based MUD

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bad Purchase posted:

Play a text based MUD

> wield sword
> attack spider
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> drink potion
> attack spider
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> again
> loot spider

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

give UO Outlands a try OP

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Play that anime mmorpg with the big titties.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

key nine online

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I don't get the appeal of MMOs, I tried RAN Online and Ragnarok Online . I heard ffiv is good but whenever I remember it exists, new regs are locked. What's hot in the world of MMOs these days

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Let’s go play EQ together meet you there

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Haven & Hearth OP

Its fun, charming, well designed, requires virtually no space or hardware. And it's 100% free with no pay-2-win. It's chill as gently caress but also brutal as hell as there is permadeath and full loot-death world PvP, but your character usually survives for months.

Don't judge a book by it's cover. I like it because it has a lot of depth while being easy to learn, as the game gradually unfolds before you with a similar progression to Valheim - where you unlock recipes as you encounter the prerequisite materials. Also like Valheim, there are no level or stats requirements for gear, you do not need to grind at all to unlock all the tech, and the game really rewards exploration and figuring things out for yourself.

Make your account https://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/ and then download this custom client that has lots of nice QoL features http://enderwiggin.github.io/hafen/launcher-hafen.jar

Have fun OP, watch out for wild animals, and don't try to swim when you're tired.

Alternatively, if you're open to paying for an MMO, EVE online now offers an option to let you play the game thru your browser on a remote virtual machine. This means you do not need to install the game or even be able to run it. This is a good option if your computer is poo poo but it does rely on having a decent internet connection, even tho in EVE latency is not a huge problem like it is for some games. https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/eve-anywhere-expands

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Corn Glizzy posted:

Let’s go play EQ together meet you there

this is boring as gently caress

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

I don't get the appeal of MMOs, I tried RAN Online and Ragnarok Online . I heard ffiv is good but whenever I remember it exists, new regs are locked. What's hot in the world of MMOs these days

As games they're absolute dogshit. The whole appeal was the social aspect and these days they don't even have that. I tired wow for all of a week at the beginning of the pandemic and it's a ghost town. There's other players there but they're all just doing their own things. Nobody talks to each other. All the chat channels are completely dead. All communication between players happens on third party stuff like Discord. All the grouping is done automatically. It's miserable. I can't imagine who'd want to play that poo poo these days.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

MMOs are great, I'm glad I got to play fun ones before Bezo's GPU destroying one and Zuckerberg letting me see people in trucks say the N word completely in VR

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

this is boring as gently caress

You need to get Milkdrop.

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
Hit the gym instead

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BumbleChump posted:

Hit the gym instead

Hit the gym in GTA SA? You got it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Hit the gym, eat well, good hygiene.

Also Elder Scrolls Online is pretty good, I mainly play that with Destiny 2 and Borderlands 3 atm.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I think we can make the sacrifice of you continuing to make lovely threads if you're that bored OP. Nobody should have to play a mmorpg.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There is only one ULTIMAte MMO worth playing OP. Although I haven't wasted my time playing an MMO in many years.

Michaelis
Dec 29, 2019
I tried getting back into WoW last year but despite it being more advanced and fancy than in my teen years the gameplay was boring as poo poo and I couldn't imagine spending my precious limited free time on something so unrewarding

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Haven & Hearth OP

Its fun, charming, well designed, requires virtually no space or hardware. And it's 100% free with no pay-2-win. It's chill as gently caress but also brutal as hell as there is permadeath and full loot-death world PvP, but your character usually survives for months.

Don't judge a book by it's cover. I like it because it has a lot of depth while being easy to learn, as the game gradually unfolds before you with a similar progression to Valheim - where you unlock recipes as you encounter the prerequisite materials. Also like Valheim, there are no level or stats requirements for gear, you do not need to grind at all to unlock all the tech, and the game really rewards exploration and figuring things out for yourself.

Make your account https://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/ and then download this custom client that has lots of nice QoL features http://enderwiggin.github.io/hafen/launcher-hafen.jar

Have fun OP, watch out for wild animals, and don't try to swim when you're tired.

Alternatively, if you're open to paying for an MMO, EVE online now offers an option to let you play the game thru your browser on a remote virtual machine. This means you do not need to install the game or even be able to run it. This is a good option if your computer is poo poo but it does rely on having a decent internet connection, even tho in EVE latency is not a huge problem like it is for some games. https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/eve-anywhere-expands

that actually sounds kinda cool

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Haven & Hearth OP

I checked out the screenshots on their site and am now blind

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Any time someone tries to sell you on an MMO be as sceptical as if they were trying to rope you into an MLM. They're lying. Either to you or to themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, don't, you have so much to live for maybe