Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/laineeonfilm/status/1481971538148859910

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
a click bait tweet about a click bait website. screen rant is trash. almost all media websites are trash. this has been constant since the advent of the web, its just more common now because posting stupid poo poo is the way to get clicks.

tv specifically has never had a sold foundation of critical analysis and web tv reviews are overwhelmingly saturated by click bait and paid reviews.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

looking forward to the drummer side quests:
• perfect your zero-g smoky eye technique
• become leader of a space polycule
• regrow your spine

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

• regrow your spine

[ashford will remember that]

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
is “telltale” a studio or a style of game (or both)?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it was a studio, i think they're defunct now, but it's also used to reference style of game that studio was known for making

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

infernal machines posted:

it was a studio, i think they're defunct now, but it's also used to reference style of game that studio was known for making

oh interesting, what kind of games do they make? that trailer doesn’t give any clues really.

I’m glad they got Gee to do her voice, I’m assuming the guy in that VO is supposed to be doing a Fred Johnson impression

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

indigi posted:

oh interesting, what kind of games do they make? that trailer doesn’t give any clues really.

they had a specific style of adventure game using larger ip

i really liked the fable one, but they also did game of thrones, walking dead, batman, and others

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well, I hope they make a Switch version (lol)

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it's visual novels for people who hate anime, op

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yeah, that’s a good way to describe it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the first seasons of wolf among us and walking dead are both absolutely great games if you like to walk around and make superficially important decisions

walking dead has some real emotional gut punches

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jabor posted:

it's visual novels for people who hate anime, op
Adventure games tend to be more interactive I think

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

indigi posted:

I’m glad they got Gee to do her voice, I’m assuming the guy in that VO is supposed to be doing a Fred Johnson impression

interactive adventure games, videos or largely static scenes for the player to interact with, but with real-time elements, branching stories based on player choices in dialog, etc.

they did a bunch of walking dead games and a borderlands one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAhc1JeTTYI

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3dB0qEcG20

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol just happened to catch XTRO starting on the Horror channel, what a classic.

the worst hickey ever

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

infernal machines posted:

interactive adventure games, videos or largely static scenes for the player to interact with, but with real-time elements, branching stories based on player choices in dialog, etc.

they did a bunch of walking dead games and a borderlands one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAhc1JeTTYI

the borderlands one was way better than it had any right to be

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it was certainly better than any of the other borderlands games

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i watched season 4 of cobra kai and i liked it

i lol'd hard when miguel jumped and spun so hard that he (apparently) snapped his spine. im glad he was ok though

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
telltale's "wolf among us" also gave us lots of funny moments when people didn't realize what "glassing" someone means

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urKJqdq4eX4

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

just watched the pilot of fringe and that poo poo was bananas. does the series hold up?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

just watched the pilot of fringe and that poo poo was bananas. does the series hold up?

no

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
that's a bit vague but if it was good I'd be posting youtube clips of it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fringe had promise and some good moment but I never bothered to finish it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ms jones finished it but i didn't bother

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I remember liking the first season of Fringe but noping out somewhere in s2.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nQW97lT8A0

nice leotard bitch

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

qirex posted:

I watched all of Fringe a good few years back, it starts off as an X-Files style weird investigation show but towards the end of S1 they springboard off that into a long-running plot. It never reached the X-Files heights but there's a lot of fun to be had watching it, John Noble is absolutely the series MVP and you will always enjoy when he is on screen.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/dietcoketallboy/status/1482738194928082945

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

imagine living somewhere with an open bar, so fantastical it almost boggles the mind

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah fringe is good despite what surrounded it. season 1 looked like it was headed for the cancel bin so they fast-forwarded and dropped the big reveal well ahead of schedule. this actually did rejuvenate it and it survived and explored that for a few more seasons. then it had the opposite problem of going on for too long without the plot moving fast enough

I don't actually remember if I watched the finale

john noble is good. lance reddick is good. anna torv eventually becomes good once her role evolves

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'll stick with it for a while, during the end credits I remembered why I didn't watch it in the first place because it's a jj abrams production and I was mad about lost

the pacing of the pilot was nuts, in the first 2 minutes 100 people's faces melt off and 30 minutes later the lead character is on lsd floating in a sensory deprivation tank with her brain wired to her comatose partner [who has transparent skin] by a literal mad scientist

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
fringe is charming to me b/c of the LANGLEY FALLS, VA 3d gimmick

you know some nerds were proud as gently caress of that

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Fringe is good except the last season. there are some really excellent eps in there

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Yeah, a lot of Abrams things start in a compellingly bananas way.

Especially look out for the episodes of Fringe where the male lead shows some charisma there isn't one or where poor Jasika Nicole, five-season-long supporting character, is given some, any character development there isn't one. There are maybe three episodes in the whole run which did something interesting.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fringe seems like one of the shows where you really want to find a watch list which is only like a seasons worth of stuff

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fringe was quite good when john noble got to be all weird and poo poo, and a waste of time most of the rest of the time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it really is more or less the x-files had the x-files been developed after the shift to serial television instead of inspiring it

the big twist at the end of season 1 is a helluva thing though. fun cameo too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

it really is more or less the x-files had the x-files been developed after the shift to serial television instead of inspiring it

agreed. and like the x-files the best parts weren't the big overarching plot stuff