Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I want to take singing lessons this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

echinopsis posted:

I don't really expect a job in front-end, I just need to do something, and then something else, until eventually escaping pharmacy into something with a future is possible.

I wanna ask my boss to move to 4 days a week and put the extra day into web poo poo and/or trying to make any of my other ideas into cash money.

if i can escape the machine shop and do soul crushing computer work so can you. good luck and hang in there

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

echinopsis posted:

no im in new zealand we don't have that degree but I am a pharmacist (bachelor of pharmacy)

it fucken sucks man. the money is fine I guess but I am poo poo with money so I need more and its dullllll and I can just feel so much ability within me just going to waste every moment of every hour in the dispensary

I would think you would have good skills that would be valuable without needing to necessarily know coding itself, but be able to tell ppl what to do , and how to make software, for pharmacy.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh for sure, I am perfectly positioned to sit in some position that drives what the devs do, but ultimately we're a small market and limited jobs. there might be a lot of jobs outside of pharmacy and no idea if any skills I have translate anywhere and I kind of feel like I need to do something to progress into tech somehow.

honestly, sounds arrogant, but I am ideal for so much poo poo. just gotta get that chance

styls are you on the discord

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

styls trill epic posted:

I guess that's one of the tough things about this "coding" business that you lads love so much. you are so far from making anything interesting when you start... Its a tough prospect I must admit

lol the toy problems you get for courses are actually fun cause you get to use a full range of techniques and the problem can be whatever

once you get into industry you get to do boring line of business problems, usually with the same three basic approaches because most lob problems aren't complex

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
very puzzled by all the chanels

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

styls trill epic posted:

just
SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
If something pays well, it either has a really high bar to entry or most people can't stand doing it.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

SYSV Fanfic posted:

If something pays well, it either has a really high bar to entry or most people can't stand doing it.

Can't say too much without doxxing myself due to various haters but I'm in a unique position and trying to add some extra umpH!!!! I'm very much a nose to the grindstone type of person.

The issue being that, as I said, i am so far from making anything coolll, or doing anything interesting, it seems like. But more of this anon!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
make a deep dream that guesses what kind of genitals a person has based on their hair

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
I havn't worked on it yet today

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m literally working on mine now

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

styls trill epic posted:

No. 5 is the best

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
absolutely no progress today goons. Was caught in the side hustle

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

i thought this was side hustle

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what’s the side hustle

please let it be an onlyfans

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
vs code continues to mega impress

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:smugmrgw:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

there is science in data you say?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

echinopsis posted:

vs code continues to mega impress

you do data science in a Jupyter notebook only, echo.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
what the gently caress is the point of doing this outside of excel.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

styls trill epic posted:

what the gently caress is the point of doing this outside of excel.

you can get a salary 4x as high

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Captain Foo posted:

you can get a salary 4x as high

Is it fake tho

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
This is not sweet like honeybuns

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

styls trill epic posted:

Is it fake tho

The applications are made up, but the logistic regressions are real.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
I'll consider it a win if I can start to make anything in python half as easily as I can in excel

I signed up for data quest as well but the free week is running out.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
did you do any work today

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

echinopsis posted:

did you do any work today

yes today I am doing data quest but my free time with it has run out. it was better for doing actual data stuff it seems and is reenforcing stuff. How about you op. I can still access the stuff so i think i will keep going.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

the arc of this story is curving in a predictable direction

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

styls trill epic posted:

yes today I am doing data quest but my free time with it has run out. it was better for doing actual data stuff it seems and is reenforcing stuff. How about you op. I can still access the stuff so i think i will keep going.

css sucks man. the course is good because to do this exercise I am up to will require lots of figuring poo poo out but drat I do not like css

I am off tramping/hiking now for rest of week. hard work. but no computer

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Bored Online posted:

the arc of this story is curving in a predictable direction

lol

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
I'm actually doing well and trying to keep the faith that this tedium will result in me being able to do literally anything cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good poo poo OP

well I’m getting a handle on css. I don’t hate it so much anymore

i generally do hate html though. feels like such a fucken mess

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I remember html. what a time to be alive.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Well right now im doing "data analyst" track on code academy and maybe it will shift in with the data science track on udemy. The python teaching part of udemy was too thin so im beefing up with codeacdemy before I need to cancel code academy due to expenses

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
This is sheer torture

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what’s your background?

what’s your side hustle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Can't speak on either of those due to haters and clout chasers I'm afraid.