Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

"mmmmm, piss" probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

fart simpson posted:

what was god thinking

badassss

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Deepfreeze: it's loving spray menthol. That's it. Think it'd be cheaper just to buy some Vicks Vapo-Rub and use that.

Voltaren: numbs things down a little but not much better than menthol for me.

Gold Bond Pain and Itch Cream with Lidocaine: Useless against chronic pain for me, but does take care of itchy patches ok.

Aspercreme with Lidocaine Maximum Strength: see Deepfreeze and Voltaren.

Organic Hemp Seed Oil: actually effective, actually brings arthritis pain level down instead of masking it with an endothermal reaction. Doesn't get rid of it completely but so far better than everything else I just listed in terms of actually helping, you do have to work it in a bit though and especially work it in at the joints. Thanks for mentioning it. Edit: more effective when used regularly rather than just during flareups.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 17, 2022

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

tiger balm is pretty decent

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

also voltaren isn't a numbing/cooling/heating agent at all, it's an nsaid. when taken orally its called diclofenac. it's weird that you're classifying it with menthol cream, tiger balm, etc

i'm gonna try hempseed oil

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

i’m wearing a headband and my dad told me to take it off because it was gay. unfortunately there are too many similarities lmao

disagree. you've got a dad lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

tiger balm is pretty decent

unfortunately it can stain clothes though.. :/

Achmed Jones posted:

also voltaren isn't a numbing/cooling/heating agent at all, it's an nsaid. when taken orally its called diclofenac. it's weird that you're classifying it with menthol cream, tiger balm, etc

used properly it can be as effective as taking the drug but has significantly less side effects. although can still cause stomach issues in the most sensitive people.

also this is maybe obvious or not but it works best when whatever is close to the skins. think knees not hips.

quote:

don’t skimp on the dose. this is the kind of thing I recommend people start on a high dose, get the benefit, then reduce to see how little you can get away with.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

of course not

being over 40 I already had my doctor check in there

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

of course not

being over 40 I already had my doctor check in there
I'm over 40 but I still have the pizza guy check in there

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I turned 40 and gently caress that’s the threshold when you can no longer deny that you’re an adult :qq:

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

I turned 40 and gently caress that’s the threshold when you can no longer deny that you’re an adult :qq:

It was evident to me when some teens said "excuse us sir".

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
getting owned by teens is special kind of burn

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I get "ma'am" and "auntie" but they have no idea just how deeply my trauma-induced arrested development runs 🙃

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

getting owned by teens is special kind of burn

It was all respectful like, at a soda fountain. They were dicking around and I must have looked impatient or pissed off or something. Contrary to popular perception most teens are respectful and polite and poo poo.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

i’m wearing a headband and my dad told me to take it off because it was gay. unfortunately there are too many similarities lmao

oh hey i think we might be brothers. my father would have said, “don’t be a human being,” though.

Achmed Jones posted:

"mmmmm, piss" probably

lolling

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I get "ma'am" and "auntie" but they have no idea just how deeply my trauma-induced arrested development runs 🙃

i get in trouble sometimes up here because i just say sir and ma’am to all and sundry friend and stranger alike

so far a timmys lady started yelling at me across the register and when i said thank you ma’am to a pharmacy sales lady she went nuclear

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Dumb, but was thinking of old poo poo. Anyone else's local TV stations use the flag raising on Iwo Jima as their station sign off?

My niece and nephew were watching poltergeist and I had to explain that it was exposition on how late at night this little girl was up staring at the TV.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Dumb, but was thinking of old poo poo. Anyone else's local TV stations use the flag raising on Iwo Jima as their station sign off?

My niece and nephew were watching poltergeist and I had to explain that it was exposition on how late at night this little girl was up staring at the TV.

my local pbs used to do that around midnight or so. just flag b roll and the anthem tho

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
it was the start of a six hour abstract show about static.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Achmed Jones posted:

I'm putting Voltroneranon or whatever with the balms because for me it's literally just a tiny bit more effective than them. I got some and put it on and 20 minutes later I'm back to the same level of pain as when I started; might work fine for some people but deffo not for me.

quote:

I worked in a palmful into my hands around 1:30 this afternoon and it's 7:38 now and the pain level is still quite reduced. I didn't get as much on my left hand as I did my right and it's only starting to feel stiff again now. They still smell of the hempseed but 1) it's not a super unpleasant odor and 2) I'll take the slight odor in exchange for the reduction in pain.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
hempseed oil is illegal because it gets you high and turns you into a hempseed oil junkie

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Badger posted:

I worked in a palmful into my hands around 1:30 this afternoon and it's 7:38 now and the pain level is still quite reduced. I didn't get as much on my left hand as I did my right and it's only starting to feel stiff again now. They still smell of the hempseed but 1) it's not a super unpleasant odor and 2) I'll take the slight odor in exchange for the reduction in pain.

Idk much about topical, but I highly recommend hemp seed oil as a supplement.

anecdotal evidence is mean to be bogus but so many people make their way back to the pharmacy just to tell me it works .. 🤷‍♂️

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

mediaphage posted:

i get in trouble sometimes up here because i just say sir and ma’am to all and sundry friend and stranger alike

so far a timmys lady started yelling at me across the register and when i said thank you ma’am to a pharmacy sales lady she went nuclear
Yeah it makes some people feel like they're look old and that's not s great feeling for a lady 😣

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
It does something if you take enough of it. Prior to having my cervical fusion I had to stop nsaids. I'd get these gnarly rythmic tremors where I couldn't use my thumbs if I moved my neck wrong without naproxen. I wound up taking like 250mg-350mg a day if the label was accurate. No tremors, and my spasticity was better as well.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

oh hey i think we might be brothers. my father would have said, “don’t be a human being,” though.

fucken hell

quote:

holy poo poo I can’t imagine giving a poo poo about what someone calls me unless they were clearly trying to insult me or demonstration aggressive ignorance. tfw privilege

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Yeah it makes some people feel like they're look old and that's not s great feeling for a lady 😣

hmmmmm good point

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah tbh i think their reactions were childish and ridiculous but whatever

echinopsis posted:

fucken hell

i basically read as soon as i could so i could ignore them and i definitely remember liking this book of really well written fairy tales - tons of classics and things i'd never heard of before, like mostly older european versions. my mother was so embarrassed by this idea she kept trying to steal it from me

honestly i like the area where i grew up but the people are pretty rough. i used to have a really small little handheld telescope that i'd try and go look at the stars at. my sister and father would come out and shine flashlights down the end when i was looking through it and then ask me if i'd seen the moon

echinopsis posted:

holy poo poo I can’t imagine giving a poo poo about what someone calls me unless they were clearly trying to insult me or demonstration aggressive ignorance. tfw privilege

that's sort of how i felt, i think demeanor counts for a lot and i'm typically very respectful to people in public-facing jobs

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

mediaphage posted:

yeah tbh i think their reactions were childish and ridiculous but whatever
Well it's a lot less ridiculous when you consider the omnipresent, relentless societal messaging about youth and beauty and their relation to a woman's worth as a human being and even that is a fuckin monkey's paw situation

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Well it's a lot less ridiculous when you consider the omnipresent, relentless societal messaging about youth and beauty and their relation to a woman's worth as a human being and even that is a fuckin monkey's paw situation

absolutely but there's also a clear difference in being respectful in your demeanor versus going up and laughing with MAAAAAAAMMMMMM

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

mediaphage posted:

absolutely but there's also a clear difference in being respectful in your demeanor versus going up and laughing with MAAAAAAAMMMMMM
Or perhaps not and it isn't just feminine hysterics 🤷🏻‍♀️

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Or perhaps not and it isn't just feminine hysterics 🤷🏻‍♀️

don’t put words in my mouth

i still don’t think it was cool to just launch off on a stranger but it doesn’t matter. it’s not like i would ever get a person in a poo poo job like those in trouble. i just chat about it here

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Man, my neck is really bothering me today. I never thought I'd have to ask doctors to run check disc on me.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Man, my neck is really bothering me today. I never thought I'd have to ask doctors to run check disc on me.

NO. BAD. DONT POST IN THE HOUSE

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SYSV Fanfic posted:

lol

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Guess if I'm going to the doctor I better put on my medical alert bracelet.

Trust me, if you have to be around me some days it's going to trigger a medical emergency.

Edit: It was a gag gift from people directly affected.

SYSV Fanfic fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 19, 2022

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

someone photoshop that bracelet to say "bad posting"

mystes
May 31, 2006

"do not resuscitate if banned"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

can you get tennis elbow from computering too hard?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Sweevo posted:

tennis elbow
Is that anything like golf balls?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Is that anything like golf balls?

lol