Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

i can't comprehend having an actual cable tv subscription

yeah I have’t had cable since 2009. no one I know has cable. the people who want to watch stuff just steal poo poo because setting up a plex server with sonarr or ombi automating all your content thievery is just a better user experience than getting cable or finding a redbox or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i know a few people who are still into professional CTE fandom and they have cable. literally nobody else does.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i have cable and its great. sports and wrestling ftw

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what's your overlap with the yospos demographic?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wrestling uses a lot of folding chair technology

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
if i mint a folding chair nft and the wrestling uses it in a fight do i get money?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

if i mint a folding chair nft and the wrestling uses it in a fight do i get money?

you'll have to ask shawn spears and mjf about mjfcoin

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

i get it as part of an internet package. it’s not cheaper to not have it

same

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the only hope that we have for our nation is that the majority of people dying from this plague are rightwing voters (~75% unvax people are conservative and more than 95% of deaths are unvaccinated) and rural counties just flat out aren’t testing or reporting any covid despite the fact they’re losing people daily to it.

old conservative voters are dying at an incredible rate. i doubt it’s enough, though.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Mr. Nice! posted:

the only hope that we have for our nation is that the majority of people dying from this plague are rightwing voters (~75% unvax people are conservative and more than 95% of deaths are unvaccinated) and rural counties just flat out aren’t testing or reporting any covid despite the fact they’re losing people daily to it.

old conservative voters are dying at an incredible rate. i doubt it’s enough, though.

if it's really that crucial why leave it to nature? why not just start herding them into camps and executing them in a systematic manner?

i mean, if you really think those ppl dying is what's going to save the nation why are you being so blase about it?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
would also like to hear how covid deaths sort this out:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/09/opinion/democrats-blue-states-legislation.html

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Stringent posted:

if it's really that crucial why leave it to nature? why not just start herding them into camps and executing them in a systematic manner?

:yeah:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stringent posted:

i mean, if you really think those ppl dying is what's going to save the nation why are you being so blase about it?

why do you want to kill people so much? i don't want anyone to die. i wish every unvaccinated person in the usa would get a shot today. i constantly push people toward that. that you would respond to my post in this way says more about you than me.

that doesn't change the reality that heavy gerrmanders depend on slim margins, and the only way those can get corrected in our current system is with massive demographic changes. that's happening because people in conservative bubbles are refusing to do something simple to defend against something that is killing them.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mr. Nice! posted:

why do you want to kill people so much? i don't want anyone to die. i wish every unvaccinated person in the usa would get a shot today. i constantly push people toward that. that you would respond to my post in this way says more about you than me.

that doesn't change the reality that heavy gerrmanders depend on slim margins, and the only way those can get corrected in our current system is with massive demographic changes. that's happening because people in conservative bubbles are refusing to do something simple to defend against something that is killing them.

so if im reading this right, you dont want to have any hope for our nation?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i don’t want to kill people. those people that are dying include family and friends of mine because i grew up in the bubble.

i don’t fault people for believing what they’ve been told their whole lives without question because they’re conditioned from day one to do so. on an individual basis, people are people and there’s more in common between all of us than what sets us apart.

my sentiments don’t change reality. which is that hundreds of conservative voters are dying every day in excess of what would be natural if they’d get their drat vaccines.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/leigh_fall/status/1482021516057272320

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"let's go brandon" is not a sneaky way to say "gently caress joe biden." It's a shibboleth to keep people know you're a nazi

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

let’s go brandon is a virtue signal too, not for not liking joe biden but for people who like chanting things and people who are disgusted by chanting

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
and nascar

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

joe brandon

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

a clear indication that my 2022 is going better than my 2016-2021 is that i have no real clue who brandon is or where he is going.

doubt i'll manage to keep it up though.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

graph posted:

i have cable and its great. sports and wrestling ftw

i appreciate that you separate wrestling out from the category of sports

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

a clear indication that my 2022 is going better than my 2016-2021 is that i have no real clue who brandon is or where he is going.

doubt i'll manage to keep it up though.

sorry but i learned about this so now you have to learn it too. i assumed there was a guy named brandon who had shot some black people kyle rittenhouse style, and they were rooting for him. no, it is even dumber than that. there was a nascar race and a bunch of people in the crowd were shouting "gently caress joe biden" and one of the announcers was like "hmm, what are they saying? sounds like let's go brandon", i guess one of the drivers was named brandon. in any case, there is no brandon, they're not rooting for him, he's not going anywhere. it just means "gently caress joe biden". NOW YOU KNOW

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i appreciate that you separate wrestling out from the category of sports

Wrestling is theater, obviously. Jocks x drama club

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

sorry but i learned about this so now you have to learn it too. i assumed there was a guy named brandon who had shot some black people kyle rittenhouse style, and they were rooting for him. no, it is even dumber than that. there was a nascar race and a bunch of people in the crowd were shouting "gently caress joe biden" and one of the announcers was like "hmm, what are they saying? sounds like let's go brandon", i guess one of the drivers was named brandon. in any case, there is no brandon, they're not rooting for him, he's not going anywhere. it just means "gently caress joe biden". NOW YOU KNOW

it is the ultimate example of hyper insular internet culture that everyone else thinks they ought to take sertiously for some?? reason

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Lady Radia posted:

it is the ultimate example of hyper insular internet culture that everyone else thinks they ought to take sertiously for some?? reason

this is how we got pepe btw

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Sagebrush posted:

Wrestling is theater, obviously. Jocks x drama club

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GeJepvj5tn4

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i swear commercials must be like sugar or something where you’re just used to it and then it goes away and when you encounter it again it’s sort of overwhelming

because i see them now occasionally and i get irrationally angry about them. don’t even know why but i really can’t stand them.

anyway let’s gently caress brandon

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1483194036521422852

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mediaphage posted:

i swear commercials must be like sugar or something where you’re just used to it and then it goes away and when you encounter it again it’s sort of overwhelming

because i see them now occasionally and i get irrationally angry about them. don’t even know why but i really can’t stand them.

hell yes lets gently caress brandon

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hell yes lets gently caress brandon

for real, manitoba shouldn't exist

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

mediaphage posted:

where did you find these delightful patches?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's the children who are wrong

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

strangehamster posted:

where did you find these delightful patches?

bird app

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

where do I get that "are we the baddies" patch with a hammer and sickle

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

SmokaDustbowl posted:

where do I get that "are we the baddies" patch with a hammer and sickle

it would be fun to get a used embroidery machine make some goonpatch

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/mjs_dc/status/1483434822580244481?s=21

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Old tactic. Pennsylvania Republicans in the legislature were deliberately sending covid positive members into closed meetings with Democrats to try and get them sick.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/dem-lawmaker-goes-epic-rant-after-gop-colleague-admits-hiding-n1216106

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1483440138378264577