Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It's total bullshit. Here I am wanting a nice cold vodka, soda and lemon but I've just got a vodka, lemon and water. It's alright I guess but perhaps some of you NERDS (ie people smarter than me) could answer this question for me and even suggest a solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
it's not the fridge doing it it's that your tightening of the cap back on just isn't the same as the initial seal sorry get a sodastream or something?

:firstpost:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

You need to vacuum seal it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dead body

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

That's why I get 12 pack cans of soda water when they're 4 for 11

gently caress sodastream

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You know how when you leave it in the fridge for a while, then open the cap, you get a weaker, more pathetic version of the sound you got when you first opened the bottle? That's where all your fizz went. It came out of the drink and all went into making that sound.

You can get pressurizers that go on the top of the bottle in place of the cap and let you pump it back up. They don't make it fizzy again if it's already flat, but they do make take longer to go flat in the first place.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Drink it faster duh

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

Private Cumshoe posted:

get a sodastream

Get any brand except SodaStream

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
When it goes flat why doesn't it taste like normal water?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

When it goes flat why doesn't it taste like normal water?

i think most soda waters contain salts of some kind

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Seven Force posted:

That's why I get 12 pack cans of soda water when they're 4 for 11

gently caress sodastream

ya this is secretly what I do tbh I just wanted to feel a little more like ScarJo shilling for Sodastream she is glam

I like H2Oh! because it comes in like 6 12 oz bottles for $2-3 and is relatively cheap for a carbonated water brand and I drink it straight because I hate my teeth but love not getting fat

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I always figured soda streams were way too expensive and bulky for a product that only does one thing, but I got one as a gift and I have used it pretty much every day since then.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Private Cumshoe posted:

it's not the fridge doing it it's that your tightening of the cap back on just isn't the same as the initial seal sorry get a sodastream or something?

There is a noticeable difference between leaving it out of the fridge or in the fridge though. WHYYY?! I scream at the clouds.

Sid Vicious posted:

They've got like baking soda basically in them. Mostly calcium based dissolved solids

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I'm pretty sure Soda stream moved their factory from the West Bank or something, so it's ok to buy their products now? I love seltzer but would buy another brand if there is one. I'm sad my new living place doesn't have Polar anything. Need my golden ginger ale and unicorn seltzer.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Weka posted:

There is a noticeable difference between leaving it out of the fridge or in the fridge though. WHYYY?! I scream at the clouds.

the gas leaves the water faster when it's warmer

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

*stirs bathtub full of bootleg mountain dew*

ya can't tell the difference once you skim off the fruit flies

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The demons siphon it for their dark plans

Weka
May 5, 2019

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I'm pretty sure Soda stream moved their factory from the West Bank or something, so it's ok to buy their products now? I love seltzer but would buy another brand if there is one. I'm sad my new living place doesn't have Polar anything. Need my golden ginger ale and unicorn seltzer.

Yeah it's definitely better now they don't employ Palestinians?!? Or I am boycotting basically everything from Israel so no thank you.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
You gotta fart into it so the bubbles come back.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Weka posted:

Yeah it's definitely better now they don't employ Palestinians?!? Or I am boycotting basically everything from Israel so no thank you.

Wait til Ben & Jerry hear about this!

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Mr. Meagles posted:

*stirs bathtub full of bootleg mountain dew*

ya can't tell the difference once you skim off the fruit flies

lol

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jabor posted:

You know how when you leave it in the fridge for a while, then open the cap, you get a weaker, more pathetic version of the sound you got when you first opened the bottle? That's where all your fizz went. It came out of the drink and all went into making that sound.

You can get pressurizers that go on the top of the bottle in place of the cap and let you pump it back up. They don't make it fizzy again if it's already flat, but they do make take longer to go flat in the first place.

I got a little tap that goes on the bottle instead of the cap and uses the pressure to push the liquid out. It works well but causes the drink to come out all frothy so it's not a perfect solution.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The dissolved gases escape unless there is sufficient pressure to keep them in the liquid. Every time you open it you relieve the pressure that's been built up by the gas coming out of solution, and if you pour some out you leave a larger volume of air that needs to be pressurized before some kind of equilibrium is reached.

Consequently you need to decrease the volume of the container or add pressure after every time you open it. I suggest ripping a strong fart into it then closing the lid really quickly.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Buy screw cap bottles, angle your glass when you pour, and pour carefully. This will give you more fizz per bottle.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Get a Soda Stream second hand and modify it to use brewer’s CO2 tanks, cut the Soda Stream company out of it entirely

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Cut out Big Gas entirely by carbonating your sodas with your own natural gas. Simply connect one end of a hose to the drink and the other to your rear end and start tooting. You'll have a fizzy drink in no time!

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

it doesn’t. you ever see soda pops at the store? often time they are in fridges

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyW8IJdl8w8

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You guys care way to o loving much about carbonated beverages.
Just buy cans of plain carbonated water and use whenever, like how much of this poo poo are you rolling through that you're modding soda streams and have brand preferences and custom fitting caps for bottles and poo poo? What the hell

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Big Beef City posted:

Just buy cans of plain carbonated water and use whenever, like how much of this poo poo are you rolling through that you're modding soda streams and have brand preferences and custom fitting caps for bottles and poo poo? What the hell

you could just buy a few posts at the store instead of writing your own posts.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Lotta "ex" IDF in this thread. Guess that shouldn't be surprising

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Sid Vicious posted:

the reaction of forcing CO2 into H2O creates small amounts of carbonic acid (H2CO3) which has a certain taste to it. It's in every carbonated drink, it just stands out more when it's just plain water with it. My dad hates sparkling water because he thinks it's "salty" which always makes me lol

btw i have a sodastream. fight me

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

Hello, I can see you're new here. Welcome to the internet! I hope you find your first "surf" to be fun and informative

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
i guess if it's in the fridge you reduce the air pressure so more of the CO₂ can migrate from the water into the air in the bottle

the reason it goes flat generally is that carbonated water is like a chemical equilibrium between the dissolved CO₂ in the water and the gaseous CO₂ in the air in the rest of the bottle and the pneumatic pressure of the air keeps it in the water. as soon as you reduce the pressure by opening the bottle you shift the equilibrium point so more of the CO₂ wants to migrate into the air. shaking the bottle up simply speeds up the process of reestablishing equilibrium.

but relevant to the fridge aspect of all of this, if you reduce the temperature the pressure of air goes down much more than the pressure of water so that will also hasten the soda going flat but i don't know if that would be by a really noticable margin, i haven't done the math because i'm not a nerd

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

because you touch yourself and others at night, op

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

mobby_6kl posted:

I got a little tap that goes on the bottle instead of the cap and uses the pressure to push the liquid out. It works well but causes the drink to come out all frothy so it's not a perfect solution.

Oh so it comes out half-flat to begin with that sounds lovely.

OP stop buying 2 liters and start buying cans. Especially the mini-cans.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Private Cumshoe posted:

even if you tighten the cap 100% there is still a greater volume of empty space in the bottle that the gas will leak into - I used to know someone that would push all the air out of a soda bottle before screwing on a cap but that's actually counterproductive as you are just making more empty space (air is not empty space) for the gasses to leak into!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’s the angel’s share OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Scrotum Modem posted:

the reaction of forcing CO2 into H2O creates small amounts of carbonic acid (H2CO3) which has a certain taste to it. It's in every carbonated drink, it just stands out more when it's just plain water with it. My dad hates sparkling water because he thinks it's "salty" which always makes me lol

btw i have a sodastream. fight me

True “club soda” has a bit of salt in it because it’s intended as a mixer and the salt is there as a flavor enhancer just the same as in food. “Plain” seltzer usually wont have anything but water and CO2. Sparkling water usually has trace minerals added for taste.