Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Yeah his smugness worked well in, lol, wolf warrior 2, but he was also the supervillain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

CelticPredator posted:

I actually disliked Frank Grillo the most lol. He was just kind of too swarmy and smug for me these days. I like my heroes to be a little less smug.

Read swarmy as swarthy and did a real double-take.

... actually, what the hell does swarmy mean?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samovar posted:

Read swarmy as swarthy and did a real double-take.

... actually, what the hell does swarmy mean?

He's swarthy, smarmy, AND swarmy. Got those dark features, a salesman's insincerity, and oh yeah, he's made of bees.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sel3fjl6uyo

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That looks extremely fun and I would like to watch it.

Congrats to the animators who got to work on what is clearly every animation dork's dream project.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpgAhTP6ElA

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Whoa. That look even better than I'd hoped.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Taika can do no wrong.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I love Rhys Darby.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Was Taika involved in Flight of the Conchords or is it just a complete coincidence that their senses of humor mesh perfectly

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Yeah, Taika directed and wrote some of the TV show episodes for FotC.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
That looks really good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Parkingtigers posted:

Yeah, Taika directed and wrote some of the TV show episodes for FotC.

And was in one of the commercials from New Zealand TV they watched in one of the episodes.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

kiimo posted:

Was Taika involved in Flight of the Conchords or is it just a complete coincidence that their senses of humor mesh perfectly

He wrote and directed several episodes.

He was already an active figure in the NZ film and TV industry as an actor, and he started big with Scarfies, which was a pretty big film in an NZ context in 1999 (apparently called Crime 101 in the US. "Scarfies" is a very regional term in Dunedin, referring to University of Otago students who often wore blue and yellow scarves in support of the Otago provincial rugby team, so I get why there was a title change, but Crime 101 is a pretty poo poo title), and frequently crossed paths with Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie, who were getting bit part roles on TV shows.

The NZ film and TV (and stage) industry is incredibly small and basically everyone knows each other, even prior to Flight of the Conchords, Waititi and Clement frequently crossed paths - a notable example being Waititi appearing in the film Tongan Ninja, which Clement co-wrote and starred in.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 18, 2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Clement is still everywhere, I haven't heard anything from Brett did he step out of the action a bit

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

kiimo posted:

Clement is still everywhere, I haven't heard anything from Brett did he step out of the action a bit

He's doing a lot more soundtrack work, and it looks like he's content just hanging around in Wellington.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpUdbL-6OSU
Man, Devon Sawa looks like poo poo now. Although I'm mainly posting this because at first I thought it was a gritty reboot of the newspaper comic strip.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Vintersorg posted:

Taika can do no wrong.

i mean he was in Free Guy

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

precision posted:

i mean he was in Free Guy

Taika can do one wrong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was in Green Lantern

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Jojo Rabbit kinda sucked.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpUdbL-6OSU
Man, Devon Sawa looks like poo poo now. Although I'm mainly posting this because at first I thought it was a gritty reboot of the newspaper comic strip.

I think it might be a mix of drug abuse and steroids. He seemed to disapper for a bit amid drug rumors and resurfaced looking leathered

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Chemtrailologist posted:

Jojo Rabbit kinda sucked.
Yeah I honestly thought it was poo poo, it feels like it came out in 1995.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Disposable Scud posted:

I think it might be a mix of drug abuse and steroids. He seemed to disapper for a bit amid drug rumors and resurfaced looking leathered

I actually didn't recognize him at all until the end of the trailer when it starts listing the cast.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

muscles like this! posted:

I actually didn't recognize him at all until the end of the trailer when it starts listing the cast.

This happened for me during the trailer for The Fanatic. Hunter Hunter took it even further. I legit thought he resembled Gerard Butler is some shots of that.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
In the early 2000s, Devon Sawa was asked to vacate his hotel suite at The Sutton Place in Vancouver due to "unsanitary conditions".

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'm just glad he's working again. He's very good in Hunter Hunter and the Chucky tv show.

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

Kind of weird to take a series with a unique visual style and turn it into the same processed crap as every other modern cartoon.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I was kind of thinking the same thing since it looks like 90s Disney tv, but I guess it's whatever. I'm sure the kids will like it.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Kind of weird to take a series with a unique visual style and turn it into the same processed crap as every other modern cartoon.

Looks fine to me. Obviously they wouldn't replicate the painstakingly hand drawn animation of the original game but it looks like a decent enough facsimile.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
David Sawa is 43 years old and you think he looks like poo poo? What 43 year olds do you hang with

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zzulu posted:

Devin Sawa is 43 years old and you think he looks like poo poo? What 43 year olds do you hang with

I hang with Devon Sawa. I tell him he looks like poo poo every day.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zzulu posted:

David Sawa is 43 years old and you think he looks like poo poo? What 43 year olds do you hang with

Luke Wilson is 50 and looks better

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhqGCPMfkNM

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1483818035001667587

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Reminds me of that fake tv show from Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Crime Scene: Scene of the Crime.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Please, please everybody talk about this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Krla_UxRg

I know nothing about Moon Knight, but I like Oscar Isaac quite a bit and this looks pretty good? Very slick trailer, at least.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DanTheFryingPan posted:

I know nothing about Moon Knight, but I like Oscar Isaac quite a bit and this looks pretty good? Very slick trailer, at least.

moon knight owns. moon night is batman but even more crazy and with cool egyptian poo poo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

DanTheFryingPan posted:

hes the jewish marvel superhero. i bet they cut that out though

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is Frenchie in the Moon Knight show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I liked everything in the moon knight trailer up to the part where the goofy costume showed up. I think I might just be tired of spuper heroes