Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the build system in maven is the best part. if you're still doing procedural builds in java you're kind of an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Shaggar posted:

the build system in maven is the best part. if you're still doing procedural builds in java you're kind of an idiot

oh shaggar!!!

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
but shaggs, don't you know that Maven's build model was designed around the particular needs of apache's open source projects? why are you upholding open sores as the standard?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

oh shaggar!!!

old man rotor, hunched over his ergonomic keyboard, hunting and pecking as he manually copies and pastes lines from a text file full of ANT scripts

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
code obfuscation? apache doesn't need that, so you don't either

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

your right, i dont need that

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

if only maven had some sort of extension or plugin mechanism that could be used to add behaviors to the build system. alas, it does not. it is impossible to do anything with maven that the original authors did not explicitly program it to do

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Eh, I'm probably gonna get fired or quit in the next couple months here anyway. Part of me is probably being extra lovely about this as a continued protest against the reorg they forced on us. We're all technically supposed to still be supporting the same stuff we used to handle as a group, but they scattered our old department across like five different teams. They also claimed this would help everybody, because we'd have whole teams that could handle support tickets now. And yet all the tickets keep getting routed right back to the same people they used to. And this particular coworker was terrible at delegating even before the reorg.

Anyway, I accomplished nothing at work today, lol

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Nomnom Cookie posted:

if only maven had some sort of extension or plugin mechanism that could be used to add behaviors to the build system. alas, it does not. it is impossible to do anything with maven that the original authors did not explicitly program it to do
putting an XML barrier between the build spec and the plugins is supposed to encourage "good practice," but instead it makes good practice so burdensome that devs with a deadline will just throw in antrun or gmaven

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it doesnt make it a burden at all. instead of copying your build scripts everywhere you create your own plugin that runs at the appropriate phases and then you import it into your pom.xml as needed. you keep management of your build scripts separate from the build processes that use it.

also you probably dont have a custom build process and someone has probably already written what you need

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
but if your entire complaint is "it uses xml" then you're probably a lost cause

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I like gradle because typing kts is less rsi inducing than xml

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
after using Brazil and VersionSets the horror of all dependency management and build tools I’ve used is even more clear

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Gazpacho posted:

putting an XML barrier between the build spec and the plugins is supposed to encourage "good practice," but instead it makes good practice so burdensome that devs with a deadline will just throw in antrun or gmaven

I’m not sure what your point is here. you’re not interested in taking the time to do something properly, so the people who made it possible to do it properly are wrong?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the Boss is the one not interested in taking the time, or in hearing about some tool's "opinions"

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Gazpacho posted:

the Boss is the one not interested in taking the time, or in hearing about some tool's "opinions"

sounds like you’re really mad at your absent father

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

gradle’s good, we use it for our jvm projects

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Nomnom Cookie posted:

sounds like you’re really mad at your absent father
possibly, if he was supposed to write the dev documentation for maven on par with what exists for Gradle

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

I like gradle but it’s more like a build system framework than something you can just use to create artifacts

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

i take it back, can we have sportsfuck chat back, this gradlechat is going to send me to my graven

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Wound up handling our use-case of making & bundling AWS lambda artifacts pretty well. Took a while to figure out the proper incantations in build.gradle mostly because I hadn’t ever used it before

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

alexandriao posted:

i take it back, can we have sportsfuck chat back, this gradlechat is going to send me to my graven

Sounds like you need to go on a quest for the holy Grails

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

gradle really sounds like some kind of crude term for a piece of the anatomy. or maybe a gross sex act

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The ol' grundle cradle

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

dude finally got the truck running and it’s outta here :toot:

Now I have the driveway space for a bigass order of logs from chip drop

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Really productive day with work and down in the shop today too, drat. Got the makin’s for a decent week.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
http://ultrawizardsword.net/s/denver-to-seoul-with-love/

quote:

commix - japanese electronics - insta mental mix
sub - tensions
big bud - changes feat. drs
blu mar ten - santur
blame - forest of pagodas
big bud - high times
asc - stardust
big bud - emotionography
high contrast - music is everything
loxy + resound - league of shadows
cj weaver - meltdown
loxy + isotone - Ancients
fanu - about life and death
paradox - legacy
enei w georgia yates - runnin
greg packer - sound kriminal
dramatic + dbaudio - life console
dub phizix - breathe
enei feat drs - the moment
makai - behind the mask - ill skillz remix
frankee - black heart
black sun empire - smoke
amit - i'll hunt you
dom + roland - soundwall VIP
konflict - messiah
nu:tone - coming back
makoto - tower of love
red velvet - really bad boy
clc - Me
everglow - bon bon chocolat
a-jax - insane
everglow - adios
exid - ddd
itzy - wannabe
momoland - thumbs up
blackpink - boombayah
blackpink - kill this love

my gimmick is seamelssly flipping between dancefloor dnb and kpop!

though i have an UWS set coming up in Feb and i'll be doing dnb and city pop, and im so excited

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

man I don’t wanna put money down for a snowblower but Christ I almost got defeated big the 2 or so foot drift across my driveway

I hacked at it and threw snow with the wind and eventually got it all down. sounded like loving Rocky tackling that poo poo. but it’s gone. it’s stopped snowing so hopefully the wind doesn’t gently caress things up

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Jonny 290 posted:

http://ultrawizardsword.net/s/denver-to-seoul-with-love/

my gimmick is seamelssly flipping between dancefloor dnb and kpop!

though i have an UWS set coming up in Feb and i'll be doing dnb and city pop, and im so excited

both this mix and 290 2011 come up in my rotation from time to time, and they are good

post when your new thing is up

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

fart simpson posted:

oh yeah? do you have a better idea?
yep

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

that eyedropper type is unlikely to fit into that bottle, eyedroppers for millilitre doses are made of single plastic or are part of a lid, and the width of the upper handle seems too wide for that size

Those big ones are cool because you use them in fishkeeping.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

so if you're doing K meant for intravenous use with an eyedropper do you just boof it or what

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Kazinsal posted:

so if you're doing K meant for intravenous use with an eyedropper do you just boof it or what

id assume sublingual/buccal. won't taste nice but it does get it straight into the veins, bypassing the liver

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

you'd have to keep it in your mouth for like 10-30 minutes though. my nicotine spray hits peak absorbtion 1mg every 13 minutes, but that's after adding an acid to improve the ph for absorption. since it's not diluted though I'd expect better chances even without ph fuckery

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
p sure you put it in the oven then honk it op. not sure tho

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

How do horses take their special K? Just do that

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

MACROdosing ketamine with a turkey baster