Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Chinatown posted:

They have parking spots near the tire center with pumps yeah. I haven't given it a try but I should.

Thank you!!! I had no idea
The crackhead 7 11 by me is a pain the rear end to use for air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Spinz posted:

Thank you!!! I had no idea
The crackhead 7 11 by me is a pain the rear end to use for air

Yah it rules. Whether you need more air or less they get you there. I went to a new tire ship that put me at like 36 psi all around and the sticker calls for 32. Just clip the thing on and it bleeds off air until you're at the magic number.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

StormDrain posted:

Yah it rules. Whether you need more air or less they get you there. I went to a new tire ship that put me at like 36 psi all around and the sticker calls for 32. Just clip the thing on and it bleeds off air until you're at the magic number.

FYI, slightly overinflating your tires isn't necessarily a bad thing, and can actually slightly increase your gas mileage with little to no impact on ride quality. Just don't go crazy - the max I'd go for a recommended 32 PSI tire would be 40.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
And you know there is a whole universe of people out there obsessed with getting insane MPGs, doing tricks, posting things, overinflating tires massively, coasting down hills, etc..

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Midniter posted:

FYI, slightly overinflating your tires isn't necessarily a bad thing, and can actually slightly increase your gas mileage with little to no impact on ride quality. Just don't go crazy - the max I'd go for a recommended 32 PSI tire would be 40.

I usually just try to follow the manufacturers instructions.

Now my Cadillac has some experimental tires on it, 100psi. A little scary to fill, and you can feel every pebble on the road.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Overinflating your tires can cause uneven tread wear too, besides any concern with the ride.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

sharkytm posted:

Ketchup, honey, Worcestershire, cumin, and smoked hot sauce.

Ketchup is really only good for meatloaf glaze and certain barbecue sauces and scrambled eggs at a diner

Chinatown posted:

They have parking spots near the tire center with pumps yeah. I haven't given it a try but I should.

The self serve isn't universal, but if you're willing to harass a harried and over-worked tire employee they'll do it for you. My church says they're going to have pumps installed this year.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
anyone know do all costcos have the tire pump thing or does it differ by location (like with alcohol sales for example - i realize thats a legal thing but still)

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

pentyne posted:

I love Noosa but it has more sugar then yoplait.

it also contains gelatin for some bizarre reason, so it's not vegetarian.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
sautee garlic in sesame oil until softened not brown

add ketchup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey

reduce

you got yourself a drat fine sauce/glaze

ketchup is good

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

hey fam today im goin to gta kick flip my celica over a lost boys themed rubber duck to noclip get 41 mpg mash that li

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

anyone know do all costcos have the tire pump thing or does it differ by location (like with alcohol sales for example - i realize thats a legal thing but still)

it differs by location iirc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n4nA1LfqdY

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
gee thanks

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Argyle posted:

I'm in the market for a blender, anyone have any thoughts on the Costco offerings? Particularly the Ninja or the Nutribullet? The vitamix is overkill for my needs (not to mention expensive).

I was reading that Nutribullet expects you to fully replace the components (carafe, blades, etc) every 6 months?! That seems ridiculous.

We got our friends the Ninja Blender for Christmas a few years ago. It has a strong but loud motor and the multiple blades do chop stuff up.

Around the same time we got the Blendtec from Costco (before they wisely switched to the Vitamix for the premium option). When we make sauce for tamales, we use the Blendtec to re-blend the stuff that comes out of the ninja. It’s so much smoother. That being said the Ninja is better for crushed ice and margs.

The Ninja is totally fine for your use case.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Don't be the loving shorts guy

All my shorts are union bay cargo shorts from Costco.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Very pleased with my executive reward this year. Another year of "free" Costco! Most of the credit goes to a Costco travel purchase last year.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Ultimate Mango posted:

All my shorts are union bay cargo shorts from Costco.
:yeah:
Those are my going outside shorts. I picked up a 2 pack of the Eddie Bauer shorts for indoor relaxin'

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

How did I go this long without the 505 Hatch Green Chile, I bought it for the first time ever this last weekend and now my life is different

PBUC

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bucksmash posted:

How did I go this long without the 505 Hatch Green Chile, I bought it for the first time ever this last weekend and now my life is different

PBUC

holy loving poo poo you just reminded me I have both 505 hatch chilies and some tamales in my fridge I know what I'm eating for the next few days.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pentyne posted:

holy loving poo poo you just reminded me I have both 505 hatch chilies and some tamales in my fridge I know what I'm eating for the next few days.

:same: but frozen enchiladas

I just made some turkey chili a few days ago and completely forgot I had those 505 chilies until just now :doh:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Anybody have a good chili verde recipe? Last time I just braised pork shoulder in 505 and chicken stock and served it with white beans. It felt like it was missing something (besides a whole burrito smothered underneath)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Not a recipe but I took a road trip to Colorado a few months ago and stumbled upon a very old school diner where all the locals hung out.

They had an "everything" omelet with hash browns, completely covered in cheese a huge ladle of green chile sauce.

Best thing I ate on the whole trip.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Just discovered the bibigo ready to eat white rice at church. I stocked up on chicken katsu, chicken Tikka masala, tomato curry and naan bread. Lunch is ready for the next two week! PBUC

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Soul Dentist posted:

Anybody have a good chili verde recipe? Last time I just braised pork shoulder in 505 and chicken stock and served it with white beans. It felt like it was missing something (besides a whole burrito smothered underneath)

Not chili verde but this salsa verde fron Alton Brown is :kiss:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/silky-salsa-verde-7415725

I add in a habanero for some heat. You can also leave out the xanthan gum if you don't have any.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

If that's all you used, the big one would be tomatillo. You'd want some citrus and a couple different types of peppers in there too, but without tomatillos it isn't chile verde.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Soul Dentist posted:

Anybody have a good chili verde recipe?

https://www.seriouseats.com/chile-verde-with-pork-recipe

Y'all just need to buy The Food Lab. It's not a book of recipes, it teaches you the how's and why's of making good food. I don't know if Costco still carries it in the book piles. I wish I had picked it up when I saw it at Costco instead of so much later. I was too slow for the recommendation for the meatloaf recommendation yesterday. It's often cheap on amazon. The ebook version sucks on an e-paper display: it might work on a Fire but it's garbage on a Kindle because the technique photos don't translate.

Use more spices, unless you're a "salt and pepper is spicy Midwesterner." Kenji is one of those guys that's like "1 tsp spice" and you watch him on video dumping in a tablespoon or two. It's from his "american test kitchen" experience neutering spices down to the cornbread white man levels that ATK required.

Side note: my local library system has 24 paper copies of The Food Lab and 8 ebook copies. Obtaining a library card is really, really loving easy, yo.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jan 19, 2022

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Soul Dentist posted:

served it with white beans. It felt like it was missing something

Pintos, nicely seasoned. Or Anasazi beans if you wanna be more specifically authentic to pre-colonial New Mexico. Or black beans if you hate other varieties but want a regionally native cultivar.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

binge crotching posted:

If that's all you used, the big one would be tomatillo. You'd want some citrus and a couple different types of peppers in there too, but without tomatillos it isn't chile verde.

Tomatillos would definitely help set it up a bit, and add some nice tartness

I was actually super disappointed by the book (which I own) because it WAS more like a list of recipes than his blog, which I use all the time as a reference. The index is sorely lacking. The recipe looks dope though (and brings to light a contention about the inclusion of tomatillos). I might add a splash of OJ too...

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

My trip to church this past Saturday pre-snowstorm was surprisingly sedate. It was busy, but not shoulder-to-shoulder busy like I expected.

We hit the samples pretty hard.

Lobster ravioli - tasty, but not worth the price
Kirkland canneloni - good but I like the pasta/sausage/tomatoes/spinach product more
Salami and cheese - salami and cheese
Impossible meatballs - surprisingly good with a bit too much italian seasoning - I think I can still taste it when I burp
Plantain chips - very good, snagged a bag, not at all sweet like I expected
505 chile on tortilla chips - you all know the deal, it owns
Vanilla and strawberry yogurt - didn't try it but my kid was licking the inside of the cup so I guess it's good

Picked up a large bag of strawberry covered pretzels which I have yet to open because I'm afraid they'll be gone in two days.

Tried the Kirkland biscotti instead of the usual square plastic tub of biscotti I get every once in a while. It's good, but the Kirkland isn't quite as crisp and I think I like the other one better.

I thought my kid would like Bare apple chips since he loves other freeze dried fruit but be warned, they're very crispy and he can have a tough time chewing through them. They also taste slightly overbaked.

The Kirkland fresh chicken breasts were not in their usual "pack of six pouches, 1-2 breasts per bag" - they were on a styrofoam tray in shrink wrap like you'd find at the supermarket. Same with the wings. Still picked up a pack but not sure what's going on with that.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
My realization at how much I spend when I get my Costco(R) Citi™️ cash back rewards: :stare:

it was more than $1500

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Soul Dentist posted:

I can't exactly tell you what to add to the main dish, though I will support the idea of a tomatillo sauce with some citrus.

I can say that making Arroz is easy -- heat up a nonstick with some oil, toast up some rice lightly (grains should be a little opaque but not brown), toss some cumin, garlic, pepper, Knorr Tomato consome powder and a generous amount of water, let it boil, then cover and simmer for about 20ish minutes checking to see if you need additional water. As a side it'll add a good flavor to your meal.

Top the rice off with crumbled cotija cheese or queso fresco. Hell, throw some on your beans too.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Bought a fridge last weekend from church. It was $600 less than anywhere else and free extended warranty? Sign me the hell up.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

I can say that making Arroz is easy

Mmm I never think to toast my rice even though it's key to risotto. Good call

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I would be a very happy man if they started selling tomatillos at the Costco.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

silicone thrills posted:

This is a washington state ellenos post isnt it.

Its so drat good.

haha, I've been found out. Yeah it is.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I forget the brand, but on my last trip I discovered these delicious chicken meatballs. I bought a jalapeno & cranberry version and a teriyaki & pineapple version and they were both air-fried perfection.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

FistEnergy posted:

I forget the brand, but on my last trip I discovered these delicious chicken meatballs. I bought a jalapeno & cranberry version and a teriyaki & pineapple version and they were both air-fried perfection.

Those are definitely the Amylu brand - I got the jalapeno and cranberry version. They were good if a touch too sweet.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Costco offers free whippets for members? God drat son!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Nitrogen ≠ Nitrous Oxide, otherwise the tire center would be THE place for teens to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Soul Dentist posted:

I was actually super disappointed by the book (which I own) because it WAS more like a list of recipes than his blog, which I use all the time as a reference. The index is sorely lacking. The recipe looks dope though (and brings to light a contention about the inclusion of tomatillos). I might add a splash of OJ too...

I can see being disappointed as it's TOO MUCH like his blog (much of it is just printed blog article) so this seems weird. also the index is like 50 pages what more do you want?

imo food lab and the CIA 'the professional chef' are two books that should be read cover to cover if you want to learn the fundamentals of cooking