Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

something like your residential permit building plan being denied due to no proved water supply would count as governmental overreach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

something like your residential permit building plan being denied due to no proved water supply would count as governmental overreach

it's my right to be a yeoman who doesn't depend on society

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yes. keep in mind this was the early 90s, they were raging limbaugh republicans and the only way we could afford this giant ugly split foyer house they wanted was to drag the family out to a 'new neighborhood' that was in the middle of nowhere.

Were they dumb or whatever? absolutely.

Were they buying their second house and in their early 30s and got Sold Some poo poo by a land speculator and a contractor? also yes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

I drink sink water

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
A lot of people think it'd be stupid to ask the home inspector "haha, so, this house, it actually has a sewer main cleanout, right?" because that's what home inspectors do, right, they look for the gotcha things, right?

Well, after an inspector said "everything's great" and i found out 4 years in that my house _didn't_ have a sewer main cleanout, i called a lawyer to see if we could sue the inspector for kinda, you know, not doing that, and the lawyer laughed and said "naw dude that poo poo's not like, legally binding. kick rocks"

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i drink only from my bidet, really hits the spot when i'm thirsty from eating the superior burger king fries

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

All our water comes from the Bull Run aquifer and it's quite nice. Especially for making booze

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

it's my right to be a yeoman who doesn't depend on society

is yeoman someone who yeets

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no that's a yeetman

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

this was the early 90s,

the reddest of flags didn’t read

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
is there such a thing as a home inspector for a house you already own? like when you're buying something i figure the inspector is probably sleeping with the real estate agent, and he's just gonna tell you the place is great so you close the deal. can you get an inspection without any such bias attached? like here's a chunk of money, come walk around my house and pretend it is yours, tell me everything you would fix

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Oh sure, absolutely. they're usually known as 'the neighborhood handyman old dude' but i suspect you could call up an inspector and be like "heh want a no-stakes fun one?"

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

we hired one to check everything on my mom's house when she decided to sell it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i actually i need to hire one soon too - it'll be a year in this house come april and i need to get some things fixed but i want hard proof. like our front door and garage door not being sealed properly so thats on the builder.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

alexandriao posted:

im continuing to hack on this loving ticket because simple_form and cocoon has given me hope. hope that i briskly expect to have pulled from under my feet any minute now

haha it did not work so i pushed stuff up so other people might take a look

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

alexandriao posted:

haha it did not work so i pushed stuff up so other people might take a look

LGTM approved

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

is there such a thing as a home inspector for a house you already own? like when you're buying something i figure the inspector is probably sleeping with the real estate agent, and he's just gonna tell you the place is great so you close the deal. can you get an inspection without any such bias attached? like here's a chunk of money, come walk around my house and pretend it is yours, tell me everything you would fix

We had an independent inspector review multiple houses despite changing real estate agents twice. Dude was incredibly thorough and clever on how he approached each inspection.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
58 people died so i could have great drinking water and water for the best beer in america over a hundred years later

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Armitag3 posted:

LGTM approved

doesnt seem relevant to me here, ive had good and bad peer reviewers, some gay, some not

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah lake ontario water is real bad

our city is split in half, the north half gets the superior lake huron water (me), the southern half gets the inferior lake erie water

edit:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Lake Huron has some of the best tasting water I’ve ever drank outside of like, northern Norwegian glacial melt water

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Jonny 290 posted:

doesnt seem relevant to me here, ive had good and bad peer reviewers, some gay, some not

Should have put a comma there

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

vancouver's water is great which means I probably only have another ten years of drinking it before we get invaded by the US for our precious aqua

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the tar sands might rate higher

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
cjs: the good dev on my team is leaving for Facebook so actually they were always bad

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

hiring manager asked how i felt about moving to pittsburgh.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

KidDynamite posted:

report him for creating a hostile work environment

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

KidDynamite posted:

living in the midwest sucks dont do it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
"Pittsburgh?? I cant move all the way out to the coast!"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Fortaleza posted:

fun fact: AAA can't/won't tow cars if they aren't registered. Whoops!

Truck's all sold and the guy was juuust about to have it out of here but narp, gotta find a different tow service.

Sagebrush posted:

this is entirely up to the tow truck driver, fyi. when you call AAA they just send out someone local who they have an agreement with, and he bills AAA later. what happens between you and the driver is between you and him.

yeah i've used my AAA membership to get friends' cars towed/opened way more than my own car lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

KidDynamite posted:

“ive always wanted to visit the birthplace of heinz ketchup”

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

bump_fn posted:

no joke if anyone wants to escape to europe fr pm me it’s more doable than you think

oh god please help me escape to Europe, I have no marketable skills

Apr 7, 2003

rotor posted:

"Pittsburgh?? I cant move all the way out to the coast!"

Life on the coast can be expensive but it's worth it

Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

A lot of people think it'd be stupid to ask the home inspector "haha, so, this house, it actually has a sewer main cleanout, right?" because that's what home inspectors do, right, they look for the gotcha things, right?

Well, after an inspector said "everything's great" and i found out 4 years in that my house _didn't_ have a sewer main cleanout, i called a lawyer to see if we could sue the inspector for kinda, you know, not doing that, and the lawyer laughed and said "naw dude that poo poo's not like, legally binding. kick rocks"

As far as I can tell my sewer does not have a cleanout, my main sewer line is also like 20 feet from the street hookup because there aren't big setbacks here.

Every time a delivery van goes by, my Ring cam goes off because apparently they're set up to go off for delivery vans now and the people who write Ring's software can't comprehend a situation where your camera may see a van that's not making a delivery at your house.

Apr 7, 2003

Bing bong quad post

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

As far as I can tell my sewer does not have a cleanout, my main sewer line is also like 20 feet from the street hookup because there aren't big setbacks here.

Every time a delivery van goes by, my Ring cam goes off because apparently they're set up to go off for delivery vans now and the people who write Ring's software can't comprehend a situation where your camera may see a van that's not making a delivery at your house.

well thats one way to deal with people publishing videos of your drivers faking deliveries, i guess

Apr 7, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/ZsGaMmH.mp4

All day every loving day my Ring goes off for anything vaguely van shaped even though I set the sensitivity to within the porch distance.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

it seems to correctly identify cars as the enemy. the ai is actually working, op

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mediaphage posted:

our city is split in half, the north half gets the superior lake huron water (me), the southern half gets the inferior lake erie water

edit:

wait are u a michigoon or an Ontario goon

Apr 7, 2003

Oh, cars are fine.

It just goes off whenever anything vannish goes by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs: Update on my shittiness from earlier: I commented on three tickets assigned to the bad coworker that have been sitting around for over a month. In one, they said they were going to open a case with the vendor for something that's definitely our fault, then never provided any updates. In another, the last comment is, "I'll wait for (user)'s account information to appear." and that waiting period, which should have been an hour tops, expired like 45 days ago. In another, the last comment was, "I'll escalate if needed." and nothing else.

I made sure to include, "Please feel free to reach out to me if this thing takes more than an hour, because if it does, it means something broke." So we'll see how they respond.

(I pretended I stumbled across all three tickets while searching for a different one.)