Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
If I were sent to a normal state prison I would be hyperventilating and crying in anticipation of being locked up in gen pop with a bunch of dangerous criminals and fearing for my life. If I found out I was sentenced to life at ADX Florence I would be depressed but calm.

23 hours a day by yourself with tv and I presume books, 1 hour a day to exercise. 0 concern for your safety or really anything you’re not expecting. Might be boring but it would be little different from my current life - no gooning it up on the SA forums, but I wouldn’t have to go to work either.

My biggest fears would be the food might taste bad or the bed would be uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
OP is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04wb7P_v-4

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

No.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
you might have some misconceptions about what prolonged isolation actually does to a person
the U.N. classifies solitary confinement in excess of 15 days as a form of torture

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i still think it would be pretty bad, op

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
it's not a normal tv, there's just one channel with DOJ approved content. they probably don't have The Shield or anything

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Sounds like the thoughts of someone who hasn't experienced much imprisonment

Read up on the Angola Three some time I guess

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Ya I guess it is op

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hey, it's three meals and a bed. And you're probably safer in stir there than most other places, ironically enough.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Instead of being in prison I think I’d like to live in one of the small islands out of assassins creed black flag a little sand a lot of water and there are often hidden treasures on them so you have something to do the more I think about it the more I wish assassins creed black flag was real

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

STABASS posted:

it's not a normal tv, there's just one channel with DOJ approved content. they probably don't have The Shield or anything

Yeah, it's a single feed that shows "recreational, educational, and religious programming".

This is what the cells look like:

If I found out I was going to be spending the rest of my life in that cell I'd be doing my best to end it beforehand.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

ellasmith posted:

If I were sent to a normal state prison I would be hyperventilating and crying in anticipation of being locked up in gen pop with a bunch of dangerous criminals and fearing for my life. If I found out I was sentenced to life at ADX Florence I would be depressed but calm.

23 hours a day by yourself with tv and I presume books, 1 hour a day to exercise. 0 concern for your safety or really anything you’re not expecting. Might be boring but it would be little different from my current life - no gooning it up on the SA forums, but I wouldn’t have to go to work either.

My biggest fears would be the food might taste bad or the bed would be uncomfortable.

That sounds rad compared to the night I spent in jail.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Kirk Vikernes posted:

That sounds rad compared to the night I spent in jail.

I can assure you that years of disempowerment and abuse feels very different

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

STABASS posted:

The schedule is
4 hours of The 700 Club and related religious programming
Several hours of public access programming
Several hours of weather channel programming
2 hours for an edited-for-content movie drawn from a small pool of donated films (including Gigli, Left Behind, and Superbabies)
6 hours of Big Bang Theory

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The schedule is
4 hours of The 700 Club and related religious programming
Several hours of public access programming
Several hours of weather channel programming
2 hours for an edited-for-content movie drawn from a small pool of donated films (including Gigli, Left Behind, and Superbabies)
6 hours of Big Bang Theory

Are we sure this is a prison and not paradise?

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
i say go for it op

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Why don’t you just find a walk-in closet and lock yourself inside in your free time?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I’ve been thinking about it more and maybe prison rules we should all go

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
dont have the crime dont do the time thats what I always say :clint:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

nut posted:

I’ve been thinking about it more and maybe prison rules we should all go

If there is anythign that ive learned about prison from movies it is that if I go I will learn to be cool instead of a huge dork and then I will get to bang zooey deschanel at the end

so yeah, prison sounds pretty fuggin cool

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Nooner posted:

dont have the crime dont do the time thats what I always say :clint:

Your time is my crime.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Nooner posted:

If there is anythign that ive learned about prison from movies it is that if I go I will learn to be cool instead of a huge dork and then I will get to bang zooey deschanel at the end

so yeah, prison sounds pretty fuggin cool

Hell ya brother, you know who they should put in a real jail it’s Tom Brady guilty of kissing his son

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

They don't let you touch your wing wang in jail so you have to masturbate with your mind

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I think the only thing that would make me like prison and think it was awesome is if I could leave

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

you make some good points op im going to try to go to prison and get in solitary confinement

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Idk I was reading up on ADX Florence and at least you're not likely to get shivved

Plus not being around a lot of people sounds like heaven right now

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Caillou is the only show that prisoners are allowed to watch FYI.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
There should be some kind of prison tourism program where people agree to be incarcerated for a month or two and treated just the same as the actual prisoners because so many people are interested in this

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I don't like people or tv (I don't even own one :smug:) so I think I'd be fine in ADX Florence but I would like to have my wife with me and also my cat

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
you guys are going to be freaked out but I spend the vast, vast majority of my waking hours at home alone or trapped at work. Even most of my social events are spent with people I actively hate and can’t wait to get away from. And yet I’m fine.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

ellasmith posted:

you guys are going to be freaked out but I spend the vast, vast majority of my waking hours at home alone or trapped at work. Even most of my social events are spent with people I actively hate and can’t wait to get away from. And yet I’m fine.
nobody is going to be freaked out by this

it still just sounds like you just don't have an accurate conception of what being in prison is like

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

ellasmith posted:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Devils Affricate posted:

There should be some kind of prison tourism program where people agree to be incarcerated for a month or two and treated just the same as the actual prisoners because so many people are interested in this

Pretty sure I saw a short doc on something like that. A prison resort. I think it was in Japan. Maybe?

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

just remember the most important rule: the first day in prison, find the biggest, baddest motherfucker and jerk him off

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

My friend’s doctor dad went to prison for doctor crimes and he said it was okay and people were nice to him because he’s a doctor (he’s not a doctor anymore because of his crimes though)

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I lied guys I do own a TV.

I'm sorry

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

neato burrito posted:

Caillou is the only show that prisoners are allowed to watch FYI.

Even the Trump justices would consider this cruel and unusual punishment.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

is Caillou that one Cartoon Netwrok show where all the characters have weirdass faces and tiny little itty bitty eyeballs?

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Devils Affricate posted:

not sure if this is ironic, but 60 days in exists. it's reality tv, so i'm sure it's somewhat scripted. but it's good for a laff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I. M. Gei posted:

is Caillou that one Cartoon Netwrok show where all the characters have weirdass faces and tiny little itty bitty eyeballs?

This is anti-anime