Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

MrQueasy posted:

not if they have to fall back on data science as a career

Oh I'm just looking for something to do between wins OP.... I havn't any desire to touch computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

styls trill epic posted:

why wouldn't i do this in excel op. SWEET LIKE SOME HONEYBUNS

excel rules but you can use SSIS to automate alot of data transformation that you do in excel by hand. its useful if you do the same transformations over and over and over

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Shaggar posted:

excel rules but you can use SSIS to automate alot of data transformation that you do in excel by hand. its useful if you do the same transformations over and over and over

whats ssis

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
ssis nutz gotem

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Think about how useful being able to individually massage values and modify methods in getting something like Aduhelm through a fraught approval process, or hide the fact risperdal causes boys to grow boobs.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
This continues to be the stupidest thing ever

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

this is the phase where things get modestly difficult or starts kinda feeling like work so the subject criticizes the whole practice instead of persevering. in doing so they create a narrative where it the practice, not the practitioner, that is wrong

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Bored Online posted:

this is the phase where things get modestly difficult or starts kinda feeling like work so the subject criticizes the whole practice instead of persevering. in doing so they create a narrative where it the practice, not the practitioner, that is wrong

Oh belief me... Im persevering. The haters and clout chasers have had their fun

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
also, you’re not wrong about it being the stupidest thing ever…

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
It's looking like I won't be getting through the string methods section today lads

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
I can feel my little muscles getting bigger>

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Haters?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

What more damage could we do that you aren't doing to yourself?

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

MrQueasy posted:

What more damage could we do that you aren't doing to yourself?

what's your line of work MrQueasy?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

styls trill epic posted:

what's your line of work MrQueasy?

MrQueasy posted:

how do you think I feel? I’ve been doing computer poo poo for 20 years now, and trying to help data scientists build anything useful for the last 5.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress I dream of wearing shorts to work

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
nothing much progress today lads

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

gently caress I dream of wearing shorts to work

Do it man. If the dress code allows knee length hems on dresses/skirts get yourself a skort and just do it. They even make cargo skorts

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
well... The issue is that I didn't do any yesterday and minimal today. Still plugging. Forget it!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Have you tried regressively burning the candle at both ends? Using your onlyfans obviously.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

You should built a tool to analyze your own learning progress! It will teach you not to measure things and that looking at the data curses you for 7 years

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

styls trill epic posted:

well... The issue is that I didn't do any yesterday and minimal today. Still plugging. Forget it!

hmm, the outputs from this model aren't looking good.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

styls trill epic posted:

This continues to be the stupidest thing ever

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i believe in data creationism

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

the "learning how to learn" mooc was pretty good for getting me to overcommit to picking up a million things then doing some of them and following through (seriously!)

its p good for sharping skills about having to learn the latest crap framework or whatever, well recommended

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Share Bear posted:

the "learning how to learn" mooc was pretty good for getting me to overcommit to picking up a million things then doing some of them and following through (seriously!)

its p good for sharping skills about having to learn the latest crap framework or whatever, well recommended

I imagine this course is primarily about how to handle crippling anxiety and/or adhd?

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

jemand posted:

I imagine this course is primarily about how to handle crippling anxiety and/or adhd?

it's mostly about study techniques and how they relate to how people chunk info and not feeling bad for yourself

there is a section about mental health/neurodivergence in there that talks about it in the context of it as well

it's pretty good

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

How's it going OP? Have we moved into a new phase yet?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I believe the phase is called depression, right op? Sounds of silence usually imply as such

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

close thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but where will I post my updates about learning about how much I hate css

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

but where will I post my updates about learning about how much I hate css

in your blog thread

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
I quit this and got a refund for the course. So long suckers!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

styls trill epic posted:

MY HIP!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

styls trill epic posted:

gently caress you I thought we would die old together

i’ve been having to put time into professional development and also establishing my cities only photography business that has the name I have chosen for it

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

Bored Online posted:

close thread

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
If we close the thread, how will clout get chased?

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

burp and web app security is the current thing im half heartedly learning rn but ill get farther than the op at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bored Online posted:

burp and web app security is the current thing im half heartedly learning rn but ill get farther than the op at least

oh yeah??