Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

https://store.steampowered.com/app/813630/Supraland/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1093730/Supraland_Crash

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1522870/Supraland_Six_Inches_Under/

Supraland is a first-person indie Metroidvania where the majority of the game is set up around puzzles using wildly varying movement mechanics in an open-world sandbox. Literally, you're a tiny Meeple from Team Red that has to go solve a bunch of problems caused by Team Blue that are fundamentally breaking things in the sandbox the game takes place in. Every main upgrade you get in the game is a slap to the face in how you move in the world, everything changes and has you look at navigation/optional puzzles from an entirely new perspective. The original game was made largely by one person and billed itself as a majority exploration/puzzle game, with a small amount of combat that wasn't great. How I would bill the game, is that it is the secret-seekers Nirvana. If you get a dopamine kick out of breaking out of Mario Odyssey's intended boundaries so you can stack up a bunch of coins, or leave a Luigi balloon there to confuse and intimidate others, Supraland is your game. In Supraland, you get the stack of coins, and then you discover a curated puzzle based off the exploit/difficult movement you just did! There are puzzles hidden in secrets that are itself a secret in a puzzle that you completed a while ago, but now that you know you can burn cardboard, there might be a new secret puzzle to go find while you're exploring with your new movement options.

Supraland: Crash is the first DLC and is on its own right a pretty standalone experience. I would even prefer it to the original game in some aspects, as the movement from the first game relies heavily on you using a triple jump (that's a very short hop) and the Force Cube, an upgrade which basically raises you up a whole jump's worth of height. Supraland: Crash starts the game out with a speed boost and a bigger jump, but just the one. This is more of a remix of the original game, but the puzzles it manages to twist together in order to keep you revisiting and renavigating the same areas with your new abilities can entirely change your perspective of how to approach certain areas and puzzles. There's less combat in this one, which is a good reprieve from the first game.

Supraland: Six Inches Under is a pseudo-sequel to the original, originally planned to be the 2nd DLC but ultimately ended up being an onboarding process for Supraland going from a one-person project to a team of people working on it, from sound design to model design to everything inbetween. The design perspective leans heavily into its puzzle and exploration, and it's possible to stumble into an endgame puzzle from the get-go, but also have enough tools to solve some in your own unique ways. This "Supraland 1.5" keeps around half the original abilities, and adds in a few new ones, including upgrades to previous abilities that will make anybody playing this as their third game have plenty of :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: moments. I've held my head in my hands playing these games more than any other.

I believe the base game of Supraland is available on Game Pass, and there are demos as well if you want to test things out before jumping in fully. I would recommend barreling through the "story" of each game until you're at the point of no return/end boss so you can get all your abilities and REALLY explore. There's also a wealth of postgame content that you won't even be able to access until you're able to purchase some expensive upgrades after the credits roll, but at that point the world is your oyster: You have all the abilities, all the world to explore, and you'll probably want to take notes of weird things you see throughout the world along the way that look like you can interact with him. I'm not saying I have gone full Pepe Silvia when it comes to keeping track of potential puzzles, but the first two games don't have a map, and it's easy to walk past something that you can't get to for a couple hours, and...

SPOILERS

These games rely a lot on the "Aha!" moments along the way, where you realize how certain movement options and abilities can interact with each other to open up new ways of getting through the world. I'd like to keep things mostly vague, in even spoiler text, because of that. Keep upgrades and abilities from later on in spoiler text, although that can be tricky since an endgame upgrade in one game might be the first upgrade you get in another game, and vice versa. The game does a good job of setting up each upgrade from being known as the Red Gun, or the Purple Gun, or the Blue Belt, etc. which give no indication to what they do, but that's entirely up to you. Either way, this thread will probably read like a loving CIA document or SCP entry, but that's okay! We're trying to get the spoiler text out of the Fresh Releases thread.

And if you like all of that, there's a true sequel named Supraworld that will be coming out at some point in the future. There's a lot of stock assets in these games that they're hoping to replace with an entirely in-house made design that keeps the toys-in-a-sandbox theme of the game. They post semi-frequently on the Steam page, but this is a small team making a huge game, so it may be a little while before we hear more news outside of their initial videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF6YPgH_XY0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I just 100%ed Six Inches Under this weekend and it ruled, just as good as the original. The crash DLC was weak but still worth playing if you want more of it

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I'm at 91% in Six Inches Under and I want to check if I'm doing something stupid: To deal with large bodies of lava, I've been dropping in a force cube, standing on it, dropping one further along the path, and taking advantage of coyote time to hop over before I fall in the lava. It was the first thing that came to mind when I got to the castle, so I've kind of just stuck with it, but it can't be the intended method, can it? On the other hand, why else would the force cube float in lava?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I mean that works but there’s nowhere I’ve reached lava I couldn’t find a way across by either making a path along the walls, figuring out another puzzle to make the lava have a safe spot, or flinging myself across with the magnet belt or grabby gun.
Even in the postgame area with the trophies and underground castle you can fling yourself across the lava and then drag the metal ball back around the wall to the bridge

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
how much do people like Crash

I didn't get it because reactions seemed mixed at the time and even the dev admitted that the structure of it was an experiment that didn't really work as well as he'd hoped, but people have seemed a bit more positive on it more recently?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Thoom posted:

I'm at 91% in Six Inches Under and I want to check if I'm doing something stupid: To deal with large bodies of lava, I've been dropping in a force cube, standing on it, dropping one further along the path, and taking advantage of coyote time to hop over before I fall in the lava. It was the first thing that came to mind when I got to the castle, so I've kind of just stuck with it, but it can't be the intended method, can it? On the other hand, why else would the force cube float in lava?

this is what I did in a different area because I was completely stuck as to the intended route

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

lih posted:

I didn't get it because reactions seemed mixed at the time and even the dev admitted that the structure of it was an experiment that didn't really work as well as he'd hoped, but people have seemed a bit more positive on it more recently?

Crash was an experiment where they take the upgrades, and reverse the order you get them. They metered this through a loop that you would repeat multiple times through the same areas, but with new abilities to solve the same puzzle, but with knowledge of how to use your new powerup. It's a little more linear, but in a way that feels additive to your experience in Crash that would feel obvious as a Supraland Veteran.

I like Crash a lot. My least favorite part of Supraland was the jump mobility, and this game gives you the Good End Game Jump immediately, and it ties the whole DLC into a bow with the stupid poo poo you can do with the upgrades in that game. Crash actually interested me enough into the game to pick up where I never finished OG Supraland. You basically start with the green gun and the game says "have fun!" while you figure out how the gently caress you're supposed to function with this late game ability, it's weird and cool.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I love these games, the puzzles are very satisfying without being overly difficult or obtuse and the abundant secrets to find tucked away in every corner mean aimless exploration is seldom unrewarded.

People like to harp on the combat in the first one, but I never thought it was anything to complain about. It's pretty mindless and you can mix up the tools and weapons to hilarious effect which seemed appropriate for a puzzle game. The worst part was I missed the upgrade to break wooden crosses until post-game so I had to track down all the graves.

Got 100% in SIU tonight and only needed help with one secret (a rather large item that is not decorative), total time of 15 hours. Beat the game itself in around 7 and would have been happy if it ended there. If they could make one of these every 2-3 years I'd buy them all day one.

lih posted:

I liked it! The sour opinions are overblown because "omg you just replay the same map repeatedly lolol" but it does a great job of mixing up traversal and puzzles on each loop so it doesn't feel stale.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Is there some armor that I’m missing? Because even with 98 health it only takes a few hits to get killed. I’m at the hag and getting destroyed. Pretty sure my gun is about as strong as it can be. And that’s after deactivating the shields

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

theblackw0lf posted:

Is there some armor that I’m missing? Because even with 98 health it only takes a few hits to get killed. I’m at the hag and getting destroyed. Pretty sure my gun is about as strong as it can be. And that’s after deactivating the shields

That's a gate for progression, so if you're completely stumped then you should go back and see what else you can do with your upgrades. You can also just cheese it by constantly eating the cactus fruit while you chip away at its damage. OG Supraland has a lot of its combat reliant on the Plasma Cannon concept from Quake so it's a little weird, and you CAN get past that, but it's a gate to go explore some more in general.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I started the original Supraland on Game Pass yesterday, and I'm having a blast with it. I love getting into odd places by using the twitchy/glitchy physics, only to discover that the developer anticipated this and hid little goodie boxes in most of them.

I was breezing through the early areas, but have gotten a bit stuck.

Is it possible to get all the golden barrels before obtaining the red McGuffin? There's one I haven't found yet, and a couple of buildings in the starting village I haven't been able to open.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
short answer is no

long answer is the last golden barrel is behind an optional challenge that's not really realistic to complete until pretty late in the game, i don't remember exactly when it first becomes possible to attempt though

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I've enjoyed this a ton so far, but the press three buttons in a sequence timed door unlocks have me at a standstill. I attempted the one in the banking district and the one to get into the beach and fail repeatedly. Even in the beach one when I set the final beam to walk up ahead of time I just can't make it. This is prob making an excuse for being bad at games, but the quick action reflexes in my hands suck and I always fumble it and can't make it to the third button before time runs out :sigh:

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

flesh dance posted:

I've enjoyed this a ton so far, but the press three buttons in a sequence timed door unlocks have me at a standstill. I attempted the one in the banking district and the one to get into the beach and fail repeatedly. Even in the beach one when I set the final beam to walk up ahead of time I just can't make it. This is prob making an excuse for being bad at games, but the quick action reflexes in my hands suck and I always fumble it and can't make it to the third button before time runs out :sigh:

yes especially the last one was painful to me as well. I eventually got it using the force cube from the front and then teleporter gun.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

flesh dance posted:

The first one you talk about I think is way easier with the upgrade from that area, but I don't remember the details
The second one you want to set things up for everything ahead of time, like before you press the first button you want to be primed to immediately get the second, and then have what you mentioned set up for the third

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I feel really bad because I got to the credits in six inches under with 41% completion.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, they definitely know the player by now, I was around that figure as well.

I knew I needed to go back and do a big sweep with all my upgrades, but I had played slow and thoroughly up to that point but got to the point of no return naturally without a chance to go back and clean-up. Even so, was not expect nearly 50 undiscovered chests, I was skeptical they could even pack that many into the maps at that point. Had I gone back and done a last-pass, I know I would've found some of them, mainly ones I'd seen before but hadn't the tools to get yet... but that chest detector showed me at least 25 chests I would've never found without knowing it;s in the area. Not a complaint at all, that's good chest hiding. I also remember three distinct times I'd look up and see some crevice and think "hmm maybe something hiding up there" but then can't immediately easily get in or get distracted and hours later... yup! Totally poo poo hiding there damnit.

Six Inches Under might be my fav but hard to tell with recency bias. I also loved Crash, my big fault with Crash is I never found one of the Waldos and I think I'd have to start over to be able to get another chance to get the achievement. Otherwise it was a great twist on things for the player who just finished Supraland and weren't sure how they'd make it interesting again with the same stuff.

What was your most shameful moment in Six Inches Under? I have two.

First, I resorted to asking for a hint on the steam boards on a puzzle I was pretty close to solving, but I seriously was driven insane by the ooooooommmmm which has been lowered in volume. At the time the puzzle required listening to and timing by it, but the noise was just intrusive making it hard to think straight. Oddly on it's own I like that sort of noise, just not when I'm trying to think through several steps of actio in my head.

Two, spent a fuckin hour at this bone pillar that teased me "you can solve this puzzle now but you're not clever enough for it." It was right. I got close once, trying to smack myself with the extension pole, but ultimately I gave up and only came back later when I remembered an exploit/trick from Crash/Supraland with Translocator that still worked and got myself up that way. You need the proper trick later for something you can't get the same cheesy way, where I finally learned the surprisingly simple knack to it.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Khanstant posted:

Two, spent a fuckin hour at this bone pillar that teased me "you can solve this puzzle now but you're not clever enough for it." It was right. I got close once, trying to smack myself with the extension pole, but ultimately I gave up and only came back later when I remembered an exploit/trick from Crash/Supraland with Translocator that still worked and got myself up that way. You need the proper trick later for something you can't get the same cheesy way, where I finally learned the surprisingly simple knack to it.

Hahaha that one also tripped me up, I totally forgot about the whole "momentum" thing with that metal slider pole.

There's a couple optional things in the beach that tripped me up for like 30 minutes until I gave up and left, then ended up waking up at 3am going "oh god dammit".
1) The green rings you need to just have the bodybuilder kick the ball through
2) Getting across the giant gap behind the crystal while leaving your translocator ball by bringing up the umbrella and floating across

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Khanstant posted:

What was your most shameful moment in Six Inches Under?

I spent a solid 15 minutes cussing and trying to figure out how to time placing the cube, lighting a match, and dropping it all in a time frame that lets me get through the gates in one of the last puzzles before the boss fight. I may have forgotten about the purple gun's purpose.

Also, if you redirect the water to the lava in the lava cave, it makes obsidian! Which I promptly dug up. I got nothing of worth other than a few coins, and it's now absolute hell trying to cross that gap because of how uneven the ground is.

I also finished the base game missing 80 chests. I thought I was being thorough :(

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I'm now at 94% in SIU and slightly stuck. I've got three obvious avenues of progression:

1) I still have one bone pile left to find but I feel like I've canvassed every inch of the map and my bone sensor isn't reacting.

2) I found the post-game area with the trophy and the guy who keeps eating your teleporter, and now he wants it to be "more powerful"

3) I found a beating crystal heart with a zero under it, which feels like maybe a reference to Slay the Spire. When I hit it with my pickaxe, it spawns a wave of enemies, but some of them are on a platform that I can't reach. I managed to whittle it down to just one by taking potshots with the fire gun, but the last guy seemed impossible to reach so I'm guessing that maybe I need the 2x teleporter force upgrade to make it up there. I'm not sure I'm even supposed to be there yet, because I don't think I solved the puzzle to open the room in the intended way.

Are 2 and 3 blocked behind 1, the opposite, neither?

Khanstant posted:

What was your most shameful moment in Six Inches Under?

I didn't figure out how to start the race in the beach resort area until it was no longer relevant. I figured out that they wanted a battery explosion to make a loud sound, and I knew battery + fire = explosion, and there was a battery available and an unlit fire below a jump pad to stand on, but I could not for the life of me figure out how to light that fire. I probably spent a half hour trying to see if I could get my purple beam to conduct fire, or if garbage or flowers would stay lit long enough to carry a flame. Eventually I just climbed that last level of the tower using a magnet repel off the platform with the chest in the back. Only after completing the area did I notice the box of matches sitting on a platform in plain view.

That area also has what I consider to be one of the best subtle hints I've seen in any game. The two guys lounging at the campsite with the empty parasol stand prompted me to bring a parasol up to them, but they just thanked me. But then you ask yourself, "why did they make me bring a parasol to this elevated... ohhhhhhhhh.". That's "Mario 1-1 Goomba teaching you about question blocks" level stuff.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Thoom posted:

I'm now at 94% in SIU and slightly stuck. I've got three obvious avenues of progression:

1) I still have one bone pile left to find but I feel like I've canvassed every inch of the map and my bone sensor isn't reacting.

2) I found the post-game area with the trophy and the guy who keeps eating your teleporter, and now he wants it to be "more powerful"

3) I found a beating crystal heart with a zero under it, which feels like maybe a reference to Slay the Spire. When I hit it with my pickaxe, it spawns a wave of enemies, but some of them are on a platform that I can't reach. I managed to whittle it down to just one by taking potshots with the fire gun, but the last guy seemed impossible to reach so I'm guessing that maybe I need the 2x teleporter force upgrade to make it up there. I'm not sure I'm even supposed to be there yet, because I don't think I solved the puzzle to open the room in the intended way.

Are 2 and 3 blocked behind 1, the opposite, neither?

I didn't figure out how to start the race in the beach resort area until it was no longer relevant. I figured out that they wanted a battery explosion to make a loud sound, and I knew battery + fire = explosion, and there was a battery available and an unlit fire below a jump pad to stand on, but I could not for the life of me figure out how to light that fire. I probably spent a half hour trying to see if I could get my purple beam to conduct fire, or if garbage or flowers would stay lit long enough to carry a flame. Eventually I just climbed that last level of the tower using a magnet repel off the platform with the chest in the back. Only after completing the area did I notice the box of matches sitting on a platform in plain view.

That area also has what I consider to be one of the best subtle hints I've seen in any game. The two guys lounging at the campsite with the empty parasol stand prompted me to bring a parasol up to them, but they just thanked me. But then you ask yourself, "why did they make me bring a parasol to this elevated... ohhhhhhhhh.". That's "Mario 1-1 Goomba teaching you about question blocks" level stuff.

neither
1. some are hidden by chests and the chest sensor takes priority
2. electricity
3. some enemies have metal or wood parts

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Thanks! I guess I'll work on 2/3 and see if that doesn't unblock me on 1 for the reason you mentioned.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Khanstant posted:

Yeah, they definitely know the player by now, I was around that figure as well.

The description for the achievement for finishing the game is "you're about half-way done now". And sure enough, I hit that at 50%.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

I have to say this is one of the rare Supraland puzzles I don't particularly care for, for two reasons: First, the pressure plate in the room only responds to the lump of coal for some reason I'm not clear on, since I'm pretty sure I or my force cube have operated plates with values higher than 350 before. Second, the teleport ball doesn't react to my own electricity, which was my first thought, the failure of which put me off that solution track. I think the ball should get visibly charged if you shoot it with the electric gun, but the NPC could say something like "that's good, but I want more".

quote:

3. some enemies have metal or wood parts

OK, this is the new dumbest I've felt while playing Six Inches Under. The fact that the treant enemies were introduced alongside the Fire Redistributor was quite the red herring.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Fire the fire gun... literally one of the last 5 or 6 things I found in the entire game. I'm only have 1 chest left to find at this point with no clue where it is. Not ping or anything.

Kaboobi posted:

2) Getting across the giant gap behind the crystal while leaving your translocator ball by bringing up the umbrella and floating across

LMAO had no idea umbrella had the classic videogame umbrella power, never tried because fall damage doesn't exist and I love the rush of a big fall. I assumed the intended path was the same trick as before but your lateral twist is better imo.

Thoom posted:

Someone already gave you the right hints and I loved this puzzle for being genuinely unique in the series. However if you just like being a stinker doing things the wrong way, you can use the translocator/lightning tricks to get up to the other levels of enemies.

If you don't know about that mechanical quirk, and the game never expects you to and I'm half surprised they left it in at all, but basically shoot your green orb upward, immediately switch to lextrix gun and start zapping, it'll push the ball ever upward. Just make sure you don't run out of juice b/c recharge takes too long, and that you're quick with your fingers to swap back to green orb and teleport, immediately move forward/back enough to land where you intend above. I did use this trick for the last few chest hunts and because I didn't get the 2x upgrade until nearly 100% anyway. The trick can easily get you almost anywhere though, I think I reached the invisible ceiling in most maps at least once.

Thoom posted:

I have to say this is one of the rare Supraland puzzles I don't particularly care for, for two reasons: First, the pressure plate in the room only responds to the lump of coal for some reason I'm not clear on, since I'm pretty sure I or my force cube have operated plates with values higher than 350 before. Second, the teleport ball doesn't react to my own electricity, which was my first thought, the failure of which put me off that solution track. I think the ball should get visibly charged if you shoot it with the electric gun, but the NPC could say something like "that's good, but I want more".

OK, this is the new dumbest I've felt while playing Six Inches Under. The fact that the treant enemies were introduced alongside the Fire Redistributor was quite the red herring.

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong puzzle, but wasn't that switch one of the round blue ones? Or there was another puzzle in that area where you needed to use a rock but they put it 2 feet from the switch so no biggie.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 20, 2022

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I think my biggest :dumb: was (post-game puzzle) getting the teleport orb to turn red. The metal balls react above lava but this needed to be submerged.

Thoom posted:

For the first: that's where a particular variation of the mechanic is introduced, but the idea is utilized earlier and elsewhere. The button is gray because it can only be activated by the rock. Red is anything, blue is person. iirc the cube weighs 400 and the player is 99.
The second I kind of agree. It makes sense because nothing in the game can hold a charge as the gun is only a temporary burst, but the NPC could be a little more helpful in leading you to the solution.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Swilo posted:

For the first: that's where a particular variation of the mechanic is introduced, but the idea is utilized earlier and elsewhere. The button is gray because it can only be activated by the rock. Red is anything, blue is person. iirc the cube weighs 400 and the player is 99.

I think everywhere else in the game there's some physical reason why the wrong object won't activate the button. The blue ones have a lip that the force cube rests on and can't push the button. The purple ones can't be activated by the player because they don't weigh enough and aren't in the vicinity of heavier objects. The grey button just has a magic coal detector I guess? All they really had to do was make it 500 so that player + cube only reached 499, like some of the Big rear end Buttons™ later in the base game. Wouldn't be terribly surprised if that gets patched in at some point.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I had started plying the original on gamepass several months back. The discussion in the new release thread made me go back to it (and start over). I’m already past where I stopped before. Such a cool game.

Question to soothe my completionism: will I eventually find something that directs me towards chests or puzzles I’ve missed? Don’t wanna get stuck at 97% or something.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Absolutely do not stress about completionism until postgame. That is the one thing I wish someone had told me before I started the original.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yes you get a way to find the chests (slightly) easier after you finish the game

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How the hell do i open up the door in Lava Land with the 3 purple rings?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

FrickenMoron posted:

How the hell do i open up the door in Lava Land with the 3 purple rings?

That is a postgame puzzle that requires an upgrade from the third floor of cagetown. You can open it using some clever use of a postgame color puzzle from the opposite side of the map, but you can't complete it without a postgame upgrade to the purple gun

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I do have that upgrade, ill try some more i guess.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

FrickenMoron posted:

I do have that upgrade, ill try some more i guess.

A vague enough hint but enough to crack it if you get fully stuck: two purple things need to pass through the rings, not just one.

I got into that puzzle from the beginning of the postgame (after the trophy room) and was very confused, so you only need the bare minimum to get inside. I don't know if there's an intended other way to get inside using the upgrade you have.

Do you have a hint for the last piece of scrap?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I was able to get into that room by dropping a force cube from very high up on the two rings and immediately dropping down and preloading another one to drop on the single ring. It was hacky but it worked but definitely not intended.

thecluckmeme posted:

Do you have a hint for the last piece of scrap?

It was all in the same place, I'd go check again?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

yes, scrap is all in one location

question regarding bones I already got the chest and bone detector upgrade but have found only 3 bones prior to that. I guess the icon and sound of the chest detector doesn't change for nearby bones?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

haldolium posted:

yes, scrap is all in one location

question regarding bones I already got the chest and bone detector upgrade but have found only 3 bones prior to that. I guess the icon and sound of the chest detector doesn't change for nearby bones?

half the time there’s a chest right next to the bones and that takes priority it seems. it does have a different icon though

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
99%. Just one chest and (somehow) 2 secrets to go. Edit: 100% at 15h23m. Missing one secret, but I'm just going to assume that's a missed trigger. Edit 2: It was not.

I'm looking forward to looking up some puzzle solutions when I'm all done, because there are a few that I definitely didn't solve the intended way.

For example, this one:

thecluckmeme posted:

That is a postgame puzzle that requires an upgrade from the third floor of cagetown. You can open it using some clever use of a postgame color puzzle from the opposite side of the map, but you can't complete it without a postgame upgrade to the purple gun

I tried painting a keycard purple at the bank and hauling it all the way over, but the rings didn't accept it, and I didn't really want to spend hours ferrying one purple object across the map at a time. I'm not even sure how the purple gun upgrade could play into it.

My cheese solution: hover in a certain spot to drop a force cube toward the lower ring, and then as soon as it went through, respawn it above the upper rings.

Thoom fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 21, 2022

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I finished the original today. With about 30 minutes of secret-hunting post-game, I'm at 80% with something like 37 chests left to find.

Even with the chest detector I don't think I'm gonna be able to 100% it. There are a few I just can't find.

Should I pick up the Crash DLC, or just go on to Six Inches Under?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I got stuck in a glitched spot for half an hour because the game didnt give me a source of fire to light a match. Shortly after that experience I learned Im a massive dumbass.