Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
What do you mean survive? He already won. You're assuming he cares about re-election. By the time he's done with his reforms, your elections won't matter anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"First you say I'm racist for saying I hate n-words! Then I say I love n-words so much I eat n-word food, and you say THAT'S racist! MAKE UP YOUR MINDS :argh:"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FilthyImp posted:

gently caress it just kick Manchin and Sinema out of the party, go whole hog, remove any money they might get and send it to primary opponents.

Actually no, send it to some dude that'll Nancy Kerrigan them or something

devils advocate sorta
manchin has his actual uses. he votes party line on like 98% of the time and has voted for every judge. plus him loving off means we lose that plus Chuds fully control senate. sinema can gently caress off forever though. both are lovely and bad but manchin can be sorta negotiated with because he is a known Blue dog rear end in a top hat who has his wants and poo poo. sinema is just a dumb sociopath.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The Green party is literal controlled opposition.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

thunderspanks posted:

still waiting on them 5g head explosions

They're calling them all covid deaths because the 5g reverberates off the implants.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

No I mean like books. Like are any of those various books that have been released any good? I tend not to buy “politics/pundit books”

Lol I have no clue how I read your post so incorrectly. It was like 5am is my excuse.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

funeral home DJ posted:

Haha holy poo poo, every single GOP member is an unabashed racist who just can’t hide their racism when they talk for more than 30 seconds. It’s a literal modern-day Klan full of especially stupid members.

“I’m not racist, I like corn bread just like them ni- I mean Africans- I mean African Americans do, they’re just like us Americans! And I’ll eat a taco just like them wet- I mean Mexicans do! I can’t be racist!”

"I'm not racist, here I am eating one of your taco bowls!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Some UK news US correspondent had a picture of themselves with their wall of lovely Trump books they'd had to read in the previous 4 years. It looked soul destroying.

By the end they were probably reading a handful of pages per book, but still soul destroying.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
love the drawer full of british sudafed chillin in the back.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Lol I have no clue how I read your post so incorrectly. It was like 5am is my excuse.

your fine. my posts are mostly incomprehensible poo poo anyway.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

FilthyImp posted:

gently caress it just kick Manchin and Sinema out of the party, go whole hog, remove any money they might get and send it to primary opponents.

Actually no, send it to some dude that'll Nancy Kerrigan them or something

Yeah no that's not really a thing anymore, Congresspeople have their own fundraisers and PACs and poo poo and raise their own money. The caucus leader may give a favoured candidate some money from the war chest if they are struggling (that's why Pelosi is so powerful, she bought a lot of loyalty with Silicon Valley money), but Manchin and Sinema are doing quite well from all chud donors.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think there's anything wrong with the books about Trump per se; it's just that everyone knows what a tremendous rear end in a top hat he is, and any and all important info from those books already leaked, so you wouldn't really be learning anything. Especially since Trump is so goddamn dumb every single day which kind of made the books out-of-date the moment they were published. It would be like buying books on what video cards are the best from 3 years ago.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

heavy liquid posted:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

just noticed those pics in the back, I bet some of him and Epstein.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

I don't think there's anything wrong with the books about Trump per se; it's just that everyone knows what a tremendous rear end in a top hat he is, and any and all important info from those books already leaked, so you wouldn't really be learning anything. Especially since Trump is so goddamn dumb every single day which kind of made the books out-of-date the moment they were published. It would be like buying books on what video cards are the best from 3 years ago.

Also publishers give away press copes to build up hype, and journalists tweet the juicy bits out, and you're a moron thinking "wow there must be even more juicy bits!", then you buy and read the book and is like nope, those were literally all the lols.

I'm not falling for that poo poo again unless it's written by Robert Caro or something (please please please don't die before you finish the LBJ chronicles).

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

LifeSunDeath posted:

just noticed those pics in the back, I bet some of him and Epstein.

“And this one is me and Jeff doing the Eiffel Tower.”
“You mean visiting, right?”
“I know what I said.”

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
So I just discovered the existence of this magazine.

It really should have been a sign about how far denialists will go up their own asses, right until they're dead.

Seriously. At least COVID is airborne and you can take every precaution and still catch it, so it's much easier to get. The only way to get HIV is unprotected sex (and usually unprotected anal sex, unless they changed the odds of transfer from infected female to uninfected male through vaginal sex when I wasn't looking), sharing needles, or blood transfers which were pretty much eliminated as a cause by the time this magazine started.

I swear, at this rate, there's going to be a mass suicide event in 20 or so years when some message about not jumping off a cliff to ensure libs aren't owned goes viral and legions of people are going to organize mass lemming-legend replications to do just that. Because it's not enough to deny something, you have to go out of your way to throw it back into people's faces via how you behave.

Stoatbringer posted:

“And this one is me and Jeff doing the Eiffel Tower.”
“You mean visiting, right?”
“I know what I said.”

That's stupid.

Trump could never share anything with anyone, and plus, he's certain he'd be judged for his penis.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Mr. Nice! posted:

love the drawer full of british sudafed chillin in the back.

Also there's a bikini photo of his ex-wife Marla Maples on his desk, for some reason.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

god drat Tiffany looks so much like her mom, but then her face got invaded and occupied like Poland with Trumpface genes

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Cornwind Evil posted:

So I just discovered the existence of this magazine.

It really should have been a sign about how far denialists will go up their own asses, right until they're dead.

Seriously. At least COVID is airborne and you can take every precaution and still catch it, so it's much easier to get. The only way to get HIV is unprotected sex (and usually unprotected anal sex, unless they changed the odds of transfer from infected female to uninfected male through vaginal sex when I wasn't looking), sharing needles, or blood transfers which were pretty much eliminated as a cause by the time this magazine started.

I swear, at this rate, there's going to be a mass suicide event in 20 or so years when some message about not jumping off a cliff to ensure libs aren't owned goes viral and legions of people are going to organize mass lemming-legend replications to do just that. Because it's not enough to deny something, you have to go out of your way to throw it back into people's faces via how you behave.

That's stupid.

Trump could never share anything with anyone, and plus, he's certain he'd be judged for his penis.

All I know about that Continuum magazine is it shut down after the editors died from AIDs-related complications.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
the man goes out of his way to gently caress and impregnate supermodels, but Helen of Troy herself could not produce offspring free from the effects of his freakish goblin genes :barf:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shanghaied posted:

Also there's a bikini photo of his ex-wife Marla Maples on his desk, for some reason.

It's not some reason, literal trophy to show everyone.

Some people put things up because they have pride in their achievements. Same thing here.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Haha goddamn cons are just supremely confident they can do whatever they want with no consequences, and they're right.

At least that one guy pushed back against this racist Colonel Sanders-looking piece of poo poo but it literally didn't matter.

"Dude what you're saying is hugely racist, here's why. Why can't you just call it coronavirus, take back your slur, and move on?"
"Thank you, I appreciate your advice."

Just holy poo poo.

edit: What would have been better is if the other guy point blank asked him "What do beans and cornbread have to do with anything?" I mean we and they all know it's because he's trying to deflect his racism, but I'd love to see him squirm while trying to answer it.

edit2: Apparently the questioner brought up beans and cornbread up first. jfc

Hazo fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 20, 2022

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

All I know about that Continuum magazine is it shut down after the editors died from AIDs-related complications.

With it being a magazine focused on AIDS denialism, yes. They said AIDS didn't exist, and then all the editors died from AIDS, more or less.

Also, I just discovered this guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis

Nothing in our world is new. It's the same thing again and again, they just change the paint job. Fauci must just look at history and sigh.

(Guy basically went "Hey maybe we should clean ourselves in between doing stuff like autopsies and childbirths, there might be a connection there between doing stuff like that and early infant death" and since that wasn't what was accepted as fact at the time he was rejected, insulted, and basically driven to a nervous breakdown after which he was thrown into an asylum, where the guards beat him and likely caused his death via an infected wound. Because he just suggested and had some fair evidence that washing your hands meant less babies died.)

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Hazo posted:

edit: What would have been better is if the other guy point blank asked him "What do beans and cornbread have to do with anything?" I mean we and they all know it's because he's trying to deflect his racism, but I'd love to see him squirm while trying to answer it.

Can we please keep the topic focused on issues that are actually important to our constituents? Like wonderbread and mayonnaise.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Cornwind Evil posted:

With it being a magazine focused on AIDS denialism, yes. They said AIDS didn't exist, and then all the editors died from AIDS, more or less.

Nothing in our world is new. It's the same thing again and again, they just change the paint job. Fauci must just look at history and sigh.

(Guy basically went "Hey maybe we should clean ourselves in between doing stuff like autopsies and childbirths, there might be a connection there between doing stuff like that and early infant death" and since that wasn't what was accepted as fact at the time he was rejected, insulted, and basically driven to a nervous breakdown after which he was thrown into an asylum, where the guards beat him and likely caused his death via an infected wound. Because he just suggested and had some fair evidence that washing your hands meant less babies died.)

Trouble is this is the exact poo poo that anti-vaxxers will point to as justification for their un-scientific beliefs. They huff it hard as hell to make themselves feel like martyrs fighting the AMA, CDC and all the other institutions built on actual evidence based reality. They see no irony in this.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Scam Likely posted:

Trouble is this is the exact poo poo that anti-vaxxers will point to as justification for their un-scientific beliefs. They huff it hard as hell to make themselves feel like martyrs fighting the AMA, CDC and all the other institutions built on actual evidence based reality. They see no irony in this.

the reason this line of AIDS denialism died out is because everyone who had AIDS and didn't believe in AIDS died of obvious AIDS by about 2005.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Beartaco posted:

I mentioned this before but this account has only been posting for a little over a month. Definitely fake.

Nah, a lot of her old tweets are apparently unavailable now--e.g.:

https://twitter.com/Born_the_USA/status/1404483482710016000

And looking at her tweets, it's either one of the most elaborate cons I've seen, or it's real.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
If the Dems were smart they would invest all their money into COVID disinformation campaigns with the goal to eliminate the GOP base.
This seems to be the only way to win the mid terms, hope that enough of those dumb fucks die.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Like, it's not a genocide if a) you're tricking them into committing mass suicide and b) they're not distinguished as a group by anything but their own beliefs

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Tahirovic posted:

If the Dems were smart
found the error in your logic

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
https://twitter.com/RossBarkan/status/1484177363785158656

I hope all his poo poo gets jacked lmao

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

heavy liquid posted:

I'm the drawer full of off brand Sudafed

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

FilthyImp posted:

It's not some reason, literal trophy to show everyone.

Some people put things up because they have pride in their achievements. Same thing here.

"Who? Her? I schlonged her!"

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Data Graham posted:

Like, it's not a genocide if a) you're tricking them into committing mass suicide and b) they're not distinguished as a group by anything but their own beliefs

That's a convenient logical fallacy you've constructed there.

It's still a -cide of some type but imo justified because I don't want to live in a world where we allow scientific illiteracy to drive policy creation.

Kiss 'em all and let Covid sort 'em out.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Reminder:

If a conservative calls COVID "China virus" ask them why they are helping China spread a deadly illness that's killing Americans.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

One of the things that became very clear as I read the Woodward book is how Woodward is an insider now whose job is primarily myth making. Trump is almost perfect in that he can be portrayed as working by himself surrounded by racist goblins and is in no way a symptom of a larger problem so everyone got to take turns being the hero.

NC Wyeth Death Cult fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 20, 2022

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SocketWrench posted:

The endless voting cycle. This poo poo sucks, I'm voting Rep so we can change things and fix it. This poo poo sucks, I voted Rep and he hasn't done anything so I'm voting dem. This poo poo sucks, I voted Dem and stuff got a little better, but not enough for me, I'm voting Rep to change things. On and on and on and on.

It’s a symptom of the political spectrum being reduced to a binary choice: “team blue” (center right) or “team red” (fascists). I think there are a lot of Americans that don’t feel particularly well represented by either party but their imaginations are limited to D/R.

So because the system is so corrupt and rotten and most people want real change, we swing wildly between “wave” election years.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Woodward is a piece of poo poo who held onto knnowlege that might have helped the country to sell his stupid books.

I mean honestly it probably wouldn't have mattered because the earth is overflowing with idiots but gently caress him anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cornwind Evil posted:

oh thats nothing new.

i actually bought a surgery painting i love for my birthday. i bought a print of the first one.
tw 19th century surgery.

you can see the difference in 14 years.