Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Had to run into the office to swap out my laptop for an upgrade, so I took Pongo with me and we went on a hike at a park that is on the way. So! many! squirrels!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

You all should follow Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary on social media if you guys don't already, you might miss beautiful photos like this :allears:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

dog.... or predator?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sab669 posted:

You all should follow Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary on social media if you guys don't already, you might miss beautiful photos like this :allears:
I remember this half life enemy

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

StrixNebulosa posted:

dog.... or predator?

If it barks, we can pet it.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Some wildly fluctuating ears lately:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Tug with Pongo is sometimes like that scene in book of boba this week, I.e. don’t wrestle the Wookiee.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 21, 2022

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Norse Code posted:

Some wildly fluctuating ears lately:

Some very versatile ears
:luca:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Did somebody say ears

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

He sleeps like this pretty much every night. I do not know why.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Did somebody say ears

Currently whispering under my breath "what a good dog" in morse code.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

MrYenko posted:

Cause it’s comfy

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

MrYenko posted:

270 degree security.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

MrYenko posted:

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Good work on getting adopted, Taylor!

You too, Tucker!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hooray, Taylor! Hooray, Tucker! :luca:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

i'm dying

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
pup acquired

meet Gus, he is a 1 year old chocolate lab mix(not sure what, possibly partial newfoundland, possible partial pit bull?), he was days away from being euthanized at a kill shelter after being picked up off the streets in the midwest somewhere. He is THE MOST laid back 1-year-old I've ever seen.

noa is apoplectic about him taking her sacred spot on the couch. they are currently being kept separately and she is not happy about it, howling at the sky and everything

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hi gus!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Captain Invictus posted:

pup acquired

meet Gus, he is a 1 year old chocolate lab mix(not sure what, possibly partial newfoundland, possible partial pit bull?), he was days away from being euthanized at a kill shelter after being picked up off the streets in the midwest somewhere. He is THE MOST laid back 1-year-old I've ever seen.
noa is apoplectic about him taking her sacred spot on the couch. they are currently being kept separately and she is not happy about it, howling at the sky and everything

- at first glance I thought he was a pit bull so congratulations on having the sweetest possible mix

- oh my god he's cute

- noa I'm so sorry you'll have to learn how to share

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there is definitely some pit in there but he doesn't have the super obvious squareness to his noggin that a lot of pits do. his fur is also RIDICULOUSLY THICK AND SOFT, like seriously, and his skin is really droopy, he's got some rolls to him. wouldn't surprise me if he's just a melting pot of breeds.

he loves hugs, and practically dives into your arms for a hug. I just hope noa can learn to settle down, I think they'll sort things out a bit once they actually get nose-to-nose and do some good ol' butt sniffin, but he's not ready to even approach her yet with all the hootin' and hollerin' she's putting out the instant she sees him

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Captain Invictus posted:

there is definitely some pit in there but he doesn't have the super obvious squareness to his noggin that a lot of pits do. his fur is also RIDICULOUSLY THICK AND SOFT, like seriously, and his skin is really droopy, he's got some rolls to him. wouldn't surprise me if he's just a melting pot of breeds.

he loves hugs, and practically dives into your arms for a hug. I just hope noa can learn to settle down, I think they'll sort things out a bit once they actually get nose-to-nose and do some good ol' butt sniffin, but he's not ready to even approach her yet with all the hootin' and hollerin' she's putting out the instant she sees him
There's got to be some breeder pumping this dog out and/or this is what the genetic mean is for "dog" because he looks and sounds exactly like my dog, a mutt who found his way up from the south. Mine has a pitt skull with a lab snout, floppy skin, and sits like a mini Doberman. He is also part snake and part otter.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hi, Gus! :luca:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Do they have a spot where they can say hi/sniff without contact? The one time I had to introduce dogs it worked really well, by the time we remove the contact barrier they were *really* anxious to get to know each other.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

evil_bunnY posted:

Do they have a spot where they can say hi/sniff without contact? The one time I had to introduce dogs it worked really well, by the time we remove the contact barrier they were *really* anxious to get to know each other.
he hates his crate and is going to need to get used to it(he struggled like hell to prevent going inside regardless of bribery, but once inside was fine and quiet), but he's in it and she's sitting outside it silently sniffing him, wandering away and doing her own thing, and occasionally stopping by again to sniff a bit more, while he just sits there disinterested. this seems good.

he HATES the Gentle Leader and was doing the breaststroke on the lawn trying to get it off while I took him outside, and when told to stop chewing the leash, flipped onto his back, curled up his legs, and just became dead weight and refused to move. already seems a lot more comfortable than when we first brought him home this morning.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Many good dogs itt

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The transition from Deathmatch Over Most Coveted Ball to Butt To Butt Cuddle Session is sudden.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gus update: pretty boy

update on gus update: sleepy boy, he can and will fall asleep while sitting up

but he will mostly just flop

bonus perfect picture

status on noa and gus compatability: noa knows how to play with humans, zoomies and play bows, and I was playing with her in the living room while gus sat on the couch with mom. gus does not know what playing is, and thinks noa is attacking me, and it's the only time he directly addresses noa(or vocalizes at all, he never barks or anything), every other time he's looked away from her/distanced himself. I tried to play with gus in the same manner later and he simply does not understand the concept of playing, I think. it's probably something to do with his life as a stray, if I had to guess. he just...doesn't react when I try to play with him. he just wants you to hold him, and hug him, and not much else. I think he's content to just have a safe place to rest his head, I don't know what he went through in his year of life as a stray, but he's got a bunch of these white spots on one side of his head's fur that look similar to the white hairs that rosie had from when she got bit by my other previous dog.

I hope we can get them to get used to each other soon. noa is an absolute prima donna and she HATES seeing gus snuggling with mom because that's HER spot. today seemed to be decent progress, with them being face to face on each side of the gate, where yesterday gus wasn't even putting himself within eyesight of noa, who was separated by the gate.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Captain Invictus posted:

he just wants you to hold him, and hug him, and not much else.

:same:

So cuddly!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I loving love Gus' neck chub

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Captain Invictus posted:

gus update: pretty boy

Good to see my namesake to also be pretty

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Aubrie turned 1 today.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mega Comrade posted:

Aubrie turned 1 today.

Happy birthday! :luca:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Happy birthday! :luca:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Just gotta get her to open her eyes. Although that's tougher than it looks when she's sleepin' good