Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
to be clear, the reason he's "asking" is because the service doesn't work in tonga.

there's no down-links for the satellites to connect to near enough for them to be functional there, and as he admitted in that tweet, his mesh network still doesn't exist.

that's why he mentions that they still have access to traditional sat services, because they do, and those work. his won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/tes1m211/status/1484429192397737985?t=ZCHpWOixa1c_Ghe_IWQvvQ&s=19

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1484424795341029377?s=20

These people are so broke brained it’s amazing. He literally admits he can’t do anything and it’s all a stunt and these psychos fall over themselves to thank him for being so amazing for helping :psyduck:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

he’s literally posting about it on twitter instead of just doing you loving idiot

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

No man-made glyph or series thereof can describe how much I loving hate this drooling cretin.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

how was tonga not annihilated by a tsunami

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I hear-by give Tonga free high-speed internet for life.

Everyone in this thread, please thank me profusely (but I'm not doing this for the credit)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"Does Tonga need our help...actually we can't do it now that you asked" lmao the most transparent charlatan on the planet and they eat it up

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

"Does Tonga need our help...actually we can't do it now that you asked" lmao the most transparent charlatan on the planet and they eat it up

i've never seen such an immediate and transparent backpedaling in my life

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it loving rules.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

i wonder how many of these insane musk reply guys are actually just musk on alternate accounts. the posts are a little too on the nose. at the very least he's gotta be paying some PR team to praise him all the time.

he tweets that Tonga needs to beg on twitter for access to his satellites even though he then admits the satellites can't help. the only possible purpose of tweeting that would be to try to get credit for being a benevolent tech savior and to engender goodwill towards his musk brand. this is clearly, like blatantly what he's doing. there is no other possible reason to tweet about this. so of course some "person" just shows up to immediately say that's NOT what he's doing. #1 brain in the world elon musk would never tweet bullshit just to get attention.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

gschmidl posted:

No man-made glyph or series thereof can describe how much I loving hate this drooling cretin.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Norton posted:

i wonder how many of these insane musk reply guys are actually just musk on alternate accounts. the posts are a little too on the nose. at the very least he's gotta be paying some PR team to praise him all the time.

he tweets that Tonga needs to beg on twitter for access to his satellites even though he then admits the satellites can't help. the only possible purpose of tweeting that would be to try to get credit for being a benevolent tech savior and to engender goodwill towards his musk brand. this is clearly, like blatantly what he's doing. there is no other possible reason to tweet about this. so of course some "person" just shows up to immediately say that's NOT what he's doing. #1 brain in the world elon musk would never tweet bullshit just to get attention.

that's like saying Trump's cultists were paid.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Musk operates on saying he's sending help or whatever because the press eats it up because he's our very own Zephram Cochran! Then as soon as they stop looking he backtracks because the press has already given him a favorable light, and no one cares anymore.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

U have tiled countertops?? :sad:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Three Olives posted:

Fear not, I have this coming very shortly for my birthday:

Microwave with a built in convection oven. My husband said I needed to cool it a little bit after the $400 toaster and the $1,500 Fisher & Paykel DishDrawer.

This is weird as poo poo man, what on earth?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

elon's gonna ship a crate of tin cans connected with fishing line to tonga, with tesla logos glued over the heinz labels

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Sometimes I wonder if employees at Tesla or SpaceX read each of Elon's tweets with ice in their veins. At any moment he might make some dumbfuck promise that increases their work hours from 80 hours per week to 100.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
elon making sounds with his space x tonka truck and jumpin into his office booster chair making zoomy noises and clacky keyboard sounds with the hacker voice, spins around in the chair and addresses the citizens of tonga

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I just saw a post on LinkedIn with a photo of Elon saying that you should always spend time with your family lmao we’ve come full circle. Just credit that dip poo poo for anything you can think of

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I can’t believe nobody thanked me for restoring internet to Tonga
:mad:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Admiral Ray posted:

Sometimes I wonder if employees at Tesla or SpaceX read each of Elon's tweets with ice in their veins. At any moment he might make some dumbfuck promise that increases their work hours from 80 hours per week to 100.

Judging by my experience at working anywhere for the last 23 years. You have a high percentage of workers who may not enjoy the work, but drink deep of the Kool-Aid. Tesla would also attract the type of people who want to be a techbro, so they probably have a majority.

They may hate having to work 100 hours per week, but they still love the car.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
tesla specifically hires based on how "passionate" candidates are for their brand/musk, they pay under market and that is part of their screening process

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Are you saying that $400 toasted this bread?

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

U have tiled countertops?? :sad:

it's his bathroom floor

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tesla specifically hires based on how "passionate" candidates are for their brand/musk, they pay under market and that is part of their screening process

If you don’t check Very Likely on “Would you die for Elon Musk” on your application it goes right in the trash via automated system (the automated system is really a guy in a robot spandex suit)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

Judging by my experience at working anywhere for the last 23 years. You have a high percentage of workers who may not enjoy the work, but drink deep of the Kool-Aid. Tesla would also attract the type of people who want to be a techbro, so they probably have a majority.

They may hate having to work 100 hours per week, but they still love the car.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Good points. I will say that the few engineers I know that worked at Tesla saw it as a way to get something on a resume more than truly believing in the mission. The people that work there more than 4 years are true believers, though. Fun fact: Tesla stock options vest at 4 years, which they calibrated so that most would burn out before getting there.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Admiral Ray posted:

Good points. I will say that the few engineers I know that worked at Tesla saw it as a way to get something on a resume more than truly believing in the mission. The people that work there more than 4 years are true believers, though. Fun fact: Tesla stock options vest at 4 years, which they calibrated so that most would burn out before getting there.

Considering the other manufacturers give a decent employee discount on their cars, why do I have a suspicion that Tesla charges full price?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

He is such a loving tool

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/thebotofthebots/status/1484426921899347973?s=21

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ELTON JOHN posted:

it's his bathroom floor

ah yes make a sandwich w the $400 toaster and then take bath with the $400 toaster

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/keith_dorschner/status/1484503421218603018?t=7JIWz4huPxFQNHwZX_jj8g&s=19

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

ELTON JOHN posted:

it's his bathroom floor

best line in the 3O bathroom floor incident is toasting in the bathroom. It's his bathroom! He's supposed to toast there!

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Vomik posted:

best line in the 3O bathroom floor incident is toasting in the bathroom. It's his bathroom! He's supposed to toast there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c0Sq5MsqtQ

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Admiral Ray posted:

that's like saying Trump's cultists were paid.

Clearly you are the one praising him on twitter

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

one of the funny things in this thread is when people talk poo poo about expensive gimmicky appliances, internet of things, etc, and goons come out of the woodwork admitting they threw disposable income into a lighting system controlled by alexa or whateva

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Every musk stan is a bot. "But tokin" you blubber, "I've had people talk at me about him in real life"

That's the teslabot prototypes infiltrating society

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/alexanderchee/status/1484384222689349635?t=vREcEFkSwa9t2l5BZiEb5A&s=19

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

titty_baby_ posted:

one of the funny things in this thread is when people talk poo poo about expensive gimmicky appliances, internet of things, etc, and goons come out of the woodwork admitting they threw disposable income into a lighting system controlled by alexa or whateva

It really is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

titty_baby_ posted:

that's three olives, though. he's a remarkable piece of garbage and completely out of touch.