Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

AnimeIsTrash posted:

mao suit should come back.

absolutely. id wear it every day

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
abolish clothes imo

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Kenny Logins posted:

Nehru jackets are due for a comeback any day now

lmao dont ruin my secret suit weapon. ive been wearing a few of them for a few years praying that they dont become en vogue again.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
honestly? I'd like to see more jumpsuits.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Casual Encountess posted:

literally the whole dadbod movement of the past 15 years

none of them have ever looked respectable

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Kenny Logins posted:

the upper edge from moustache to sideburn - can't fake that. he's got drat good choplines

you can absolutely fake that with surgery, for 4k done halfassedly or 250k done extremely extremely well (and you have to know a guy)

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I love my luxurious beard and sometimes I get drunk and do little braids in it like a well-kempt viking

I'm not very good at it but it's fun

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lol if you're not wfh in your pajamas

lol, i dont work today

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

cinci zoo sniper posted:

none of them have ever looked respectable

do you respect your dad???

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

speedsuits

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol yes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

do you respect your dad???

my dad doesn't have a dadbod, he looks like a retired strongman

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you can absolutely fake that with surgery, for 4k done halfassedly or 250k done extremely extremely well (and you have to know a guy)
I mean. at that point I would say it's not fake

I mean you can't fake it in the sense of trying to contour or suggest something you absolutely do not have. similar to people who try to grow a moustache but they just don't have the follicles or w/e there to ever pull it off convincingly

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

ive seen some incredibly good work at beards by my drag king friends so while doable, it's quite a lot of effort to fake up that much beard. different thing going on but also im just so fuckin proud of them because that poo poo looks amazing on stage

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
need a tweed jacket to help complete my grizzled scottish distiller look

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

How hot ‘mom bods’ are stealing the ‘dad bod’ spotlight
By Brooke Kato
January 11, 2022

https://nypost.com/2022/01/11/how-hot-mom-bods-are-stealing-the-dad-bod-spotlight/

no dude, willfully dense is painting with giant broad strokes and not understanding that there are different issues at play that have resolved very differently in the fashion world in the past 10, 20, 50 years. there's of course so much more work to be done but gently caress entirely off if you havent seen how hard people have been working to bring diversity in both skin color and body type to fashion in the past decade

that's really good. good for them. i ain't just contradicting you dude, just saying what i see when i look in the mirror. no matter how good it should look in theory it ends up trash.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

carry on then posted:

that's really good. good for them. i ain't just contradicting you dude, just saying what i see when i look in the mirror. no matter how good it should look in theory it ends up trash.

friend, it may actually not look like trash and you may just be hypercritical of your own looks, as many dudes tend to be. Just something to consider.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

body dysmorphia isn't just for ladies

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

ive seen some incredibly good work at beards by my drag king friends so while doable, it's quite a lot of effort to fake up that much beard. different thing going on but also im just so fuckin proud of them because that poo poo looks amazing on stage
I hadn't thought of the drag king angle. I suppose you can fake it, after all. I was just thinking in terms of razors and clippers. what a time to be alive

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
cls: just had my first mani/pedi, holy poo poo this is awesome

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

rotor posted:

body dysmorphia isn't just for ladies

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Lady Radia posted:

me and the missus used to go get pedis together and it was wonderful

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

rotor posted:

i personally favor overalls but jumpsuits are also a v good choice for when you've got some manual labor to do

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

me and the missus used to go get pedis together and it was wonderful
I did a pedicure once on vacation and it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
just going to replace my entire wardrobe with whatever graham mctavish wore in Men in Kilts

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Nomnom Cookie posted:

i personally favor overalls but jumpsuits are also a v good choice for when you've got some manual labor to do

a while ago I bought a flight suit as retail therapy and i really liked it then i washed it and it shrunk up :-(

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lady Radia posted:

they rock, more dudes should get them

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

yes hello i have raging dysmorphia every day of my goddamn life and part of the reason i got into fashion is to help keep those demons at bay

i wake up feeling like a literal ogre many days a week and im very serious about this. part of my self help and self care was finding these "power outfits" for myself and on my shittiest bad feeling days I put on the outfits that I know factually make me look good because random strangers will say "oh my god that blazer looks incredible on you" to my face. on a day where ive been screaming on the inside all day about how weird my neck looks today, getting a compliment in that state makes all the difference. forcing myself to be pretty on the days i feel the ugliest is really loving hard but really rewarding.

like irl rn im unemployed as hell rn and i feel like a huge piece of poo poo. but im wearing one of my banger "first date" outfits to go do errands today outside the house in a little bit. not for anybody else. but because i need that boost today.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The shirt tugging will never go away, no matter how much weight you lose. :smith:

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

rotor posted:

a while ago I bought a flight suit as retail therapy and i really liked it then i washed it and it shrunk up :-(

rip. who sells clothes nowadays that aren't pre-shrunk? unless you're a fancy lad and want shrink-to-fit jeans

i hosed up a sweater once and the internet told me to stretch it out while wet. it kinda worked even. the sweater is wearable again at least. still not the same

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

go buy his poo poo and support a local immigrant running a small business. i loving love having a rolodex of tailors and cobblers to recommend to people.

also find a cobbler you like you can make expensive shoes last 4-5x as long with a shoe dude in your arsenal

any chance you know any decent cobblers north of boston?

i don't need shoe work often but jesus i hate trying to find a good cobbler, no idea who you can trust, reviews tend to be very thin, and i think a lot of the ones here in the suburbs focus more on women's shoes and work boots.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

SO DEMANDING posted:

any chance you know any decent cobblers north of boston?

i don't need shoe work often but jesus i hate trying to find a good cobbler, no idea who you can trust, reviews tend to be very thin, and i think a lot of the ones here in the suburbs focus more on women's shoes and work boots.

gagnon's shoe repair up in beverly comes to mind. peabody was known for tanning leather and poo poo so theres actually a lot of fabric and leather people up there still but they're all dying off.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

post hole digger posted:

I want to start dressing like an old college prof. tweed sport coats, loafers, etc. too young for it to not seem like a huge affectation though.

idk ive seen plenty of 30s+ profs doing it

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

clothes tangent: im getting really unhappy with the general quality of clothes available in most common retail and im slowly inching towards getting the gumption to start going to made to measure route for everything. not just dress shirts and pants, casual stuff, too.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

SO DEMANDING posted:

clothes tangent: im getting really unhappy with the general quality of clothes available in most common retail and im slowly inching towards getting the gumption to start going to made to measure route for everything. not just dress shirts and pants, casual stuff, too.

this is the way

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

just going to replace my entire wardrobe with whatever graham mctavish wore in Men in Kilts

wish i could pull off a scally cap without looking like one of Those Guys

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

gotta treat a hat as part of an outfit. i think its possible to pull off that look with some well-groomed hair and a nice knit sweater like that, maybe a jacket

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

huge beard, bruins jersey, and plaid shorts revealing a flogging molly calf tattoo. got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

yeah its rarely about "pulling off" a single piece in an outfit and more about how you contextualize it