Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Fantastic sir.

Since we're clearly in the weirdest timeline possible I expect Rodgers to join SF next season somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/DailyTrix/status/1485108784896909314?s=20

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

posting for posterity

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
So has the "Rodgers lost due to post-COVID brain fog narrative" started yet? If not, I would like to start it.

Aaron Rodgers had severe post-COVID brain fog and that's why he played so poorly.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

WaryWarren posted:

Let's see, maybe the frozen tundra mythology can be put to rest now? Poor performance in January plus the field is heated anyway.

2003 L 27-7 Atlanta Falcons
2005 L 31-17 Minnesota Vikings
2008 L 23-20 NY Giants
2012 L 37-20 NY Giants
2014 L 23-20 SF 49ers
2021 L 31-26 TB Bucs
2022 L 13-10 SF 49ers

It hasn't been a thing since Favre left. Amazingly, Favre's legacy is going to be looked back on better than Rodgers'.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1485098464837083139?s=20

In the replies are also the spanish and Packers calls

!ALLI ESTA! !!!ALLI ESTAAAA!!!!

grack posted:

So has the "Rodgers lost due to post-COVID brain fog narrative" started yet? If not, I would like to start it.

Aaron Rodgers had severe post-COVID brain fog and that's why he played so poorly.

:hmmyes:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Goddamn it I have come down with the same gastrointestinal bug my finacee has and I once again feverishly slept through the end of a game I wanted to see.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kirios posted:

It hasn't been a thing since Favre left. Amazingly, Favre's legacy is going to be looked back on better than Rodgers'.

It pains me to say this, but yeah, absolutely. Rodgers will go down as the guy who was great in the regular season and awful in the playoffs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

robbie gould to rodgers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aMsP1yBhVA

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

also lol I missed a call from my mom and her voicemail was "gently caress Aaron Fraudgers, your grandma is smiling down from heaven about this".

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aaron Rodgers wouldn't call this his personal 9/11 because unlike 9/11 this happened

Tulalip Tulips posted:

also lol I missed a call from my mom and her voicemail was "gently caress Aaron Fraudgers, your grandma is smiling down from heaven about this".

Fuckin amazing

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Goddamn it I have come down with the same gastrointestinal bug my finacee has and I once again feverishly slept through the end of a game I wanted to see.

the game honestly wasn't that great. the aftermath, on the other hand...

Tulalip Tulips posted:

god bless your mother. what a remarkable woman

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

this is my favorite one tonight :discourse:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The last time someone torched their reputation as much as Aaron did this season, that guy killed his ex-wife and a waiter.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Barudak posted:

Aaron Rodgers wouldn't call this his personal 9/11 because unlike 9/11 this happened

Fuckin amazing

no you see much like 9/11 this was an inside job and Lafleur was shanahan's man all along.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Barudak posted:

Fuckin amazing

the only reason my mom doesn't have a twitter account anymore is because she got banned for trolling a bunch of right wing dipshits and also probably her beliefs about Bigfoot and aliens (who are pro-drugs, pro-weed, and anti-Trump).

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa

Tulalip Tulips posted:

the only reason my mom doesn't have a twitter account anymore is because she got banned for trolling a bunch of right wing dipshits and also probably her beliefs about Bigfoot and aliens (who are pro-drugs, pro-weed, and anti-Trump).

your mom fuckin' owns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The 49ers can shitcan the Cowboys in every playoff matchup if it means they'll also do the same to Aaron Rodgers. I feel way less lovely about the embarrassing Dallas performance now.

Get hosed, Aaron!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

AsInHowe posted:

The last time someone torched their reputation as much as Aaron did this season, that guy killed his ex-wife and a waiter.

Or a woman and her dog.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/SaintsForecast/status/1485105548680966148?s=20

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP/status/1485118955442290690?t=5fuVR_8M588M3KKHN3oN1w&s=19

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

holy poo poo this thread is amazing

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Sucks to be bigfoot living in the woods and still exposed to enough Donald Trump to hate him

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Barudak posted:

Sucks to be bigfoot living in the woods and still exposed to enough Donald Trump to hate him

well its not yuuuge foot

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Let’s go the 40 loving 9ers.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
tom brady sleep walks into the super bowl every year while this mf cant put down two touchdowns on the seven seed

fraud

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I saw a bunch of other new ones (to me anyway) in the quote tweets, including Ron Infowarski and Rush Lambeau.

Sometimes I loving love the internet.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

HyperPuma posted:

tom brady sleep walks into the super bowl every year while this mf cant put down two touchdowns on the seven seed

fraud

Excuse me

Sixth seed, thank you very much.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/1485063273917870081

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

this guy went from emperor of a conservative takeover of Wisconsin to worst dad on twitter

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

im not sure that's an option anymore tbh, just because of how much hes run his mouth since then

not to mention that he wasn't that great

Yeah that's what I was implying haha

What a year he's had

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This is so goddamn great

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Came here just to make sure the Breitbart Starr and "same number of NFC titles as Rex 'gently caress it, I'm going deep' Grossman" jokes both made it in. incredible.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

This is one way for Rodgers to make everyone forget about the gay rumors

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Is Aaron Rodgers #12 because of the Majestic 12 conspiracy theory?

:thunk:

Also LOL if this bitch is MVP.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kirios posted:

Those first three losses are Favre lol

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

sean10mm posted:

Is Aaron Rodgers #12 because of the Majestic 12 conspiracy theory?

:thunk:

Also LOL if this bitch is MVP.

They've been talking about him being MVP so much I don't think they can back out now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Gorson posted:

They've been talking about him being MVP so much I don't think they can back out now.

The votes are all in before the playoffs start I am pretty sure. The whole point is to make sure the playoffs don’t affect anything.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Koirhor posted:

Per your line of work how bad are all the concussions he’s had on his mental facilities?

Concussions have not caused what is going on with rodgers. As a matter of fact, the only way you can actually diagnose CTE is after the patient is dead. Anyone tossing out those diagnoses to living people is doing their patient a huge disservice.

Before I respond to this, it is idle speculation. I am not a neurologist or a psychiatrist, I am a neuro APP. That said, neurologists and psychiatrists are boarded by the same medical board for a reason. every neuro problem has a psych component and vice versa.

From a neurological perspective, there are two things that are generally going to cause sudden decline in intelligence/decision making capacity in someone of Rodgers age: dementia or stroke. Both of these are incredibly unlikely and not even really worth going into, tbh.

We know a poo poo load about Rodgers, both professionally and personally, and I'm very comfortable stating that from a outsiders perspective, rodgers is massively insecure/depressed, he is stupid, and facebook.

Depression is a loving bitch because until the person is ready to admit they have it, they will resist all treatment. You can put a depressed person on a Sertraline drip and it will do nothing if they are unwilling to pair it with cognitive behavioral therapy. As a matter of fact, just like with persecution complexes (rodgers, again) or paranoid delusions, any attempt to help the patient will strengthen their resolve and have the opposite effect. Depression has several manifestations and it varies person to person. This is also why people with depression have "life changing events" on drugs like MDMA or Ketamine. Doesn't matter how resistant you are to psych help/medications; those drugs are blowing right through that. It's why both of them are being trialed right now for refractory depression.

Insecure people will seek out validation by a number of means, generally unhealthy over the long term. And if you are someone like Rodgers, with everything that comes with that, there will be tons of people out there wanting to be the one that gives him that validation. Now he's with someone who's gotten him to believe a bunch of dumb poo poo on top of that validation. and you throw social media into this bullshit which, if you require constant validation, create vicious feedback loops where you have something like rodgers needing to go on a podcast to complain about how right he is and how much he is being silenced. and then every negative consequence he experiences, due to the depression, just reinforce his idea.

and then of course he's just stupid. he doesn't have the wherewithal to say "wait that doesn't make sense." and his successes in football make him think he's that good at everything.

this isn't even getting into the facebook element where now every stupid conspiracy theory is connected, so that crystal healing mom in southern california is just a few clicks away from great replacement theory or whatever.

so yeah, rodgers problem is untreated depression, insecurity, and stupidity. It has gone pear shaped.

if we accept the hypothesis that he is diving into this poo poo and preaching about it on podcasts for validation, then especially after this most recent loss, he is going to loving take this poo poo to the next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
He’s an absolutely massive narcissist. You’d know better than I am if that’s some innate trait you’re born with or if he developed that along the way. Now that isn’t exactly uncommon for elite athletes but most of them at least have the follow through to win at the end of the day.