Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I was always amused by the fryer grease stories which were acting like it was a scalable alternative fuel solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it seems like one of those things that everyone jumps on for "alternative fuels" not realizing the economy of scale in commercial diesel production.

like, yeah, you can drive around to fast food restaurants and empty their grease drums and run your own biodiesel reactor, and it will probably only cost you multiple times what it does at the pump, plus your time.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I was always amused by the fryer grease stories which were acting like it was a scalable alternative fuel solution.

it will never scale, but you'll need something to power your bosozoku bike in 15 years and batteries are for the rich

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I mean look at catalytic converter thefts, people are going to be ganking your batteries in 5 years

I'm surprised it hasn't been happening already with battery scooters

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
poo poo maybe this summer I'll learn to strip lime scooters instead of throwing them through windows like a bitch I know

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

same but the clinton years and 69 cent gas

in high school i used to be able to fill up the enormous tank of my hand-me-down land barge, pay with a $20 and get change back. that was enough gas to last almost a month

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

i knew one person who had a veggie oil conversion car. those systems were an incredible pain in the rear end and absolutely not worth it once they became popular enough that restaurants realized they could sell their waste oil

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
did you know you can power a hoveround with a battery stolen from a government mandated exit sign lamp? it's true. there are several in every building, and they're often completely unguarded

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it will never scale, but you'll need something to power your bosozoku bike in 15 years and batteries are for the rich

an acre of barley can be fermented and distilled into about 450 gallons of 99% ethanol. for a 250cc motorcycle, that's about 14,000 miles. that's my plan

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

an acre of barley can be fermented and distilled into about 450 gallons of 99% ethanol. for a 250cc motorcycle, that's about 14,000 miles. that's my plan

you can also drink and eat the barley which is more important lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
posting pictures of my barley compost powered scooter with a shrimptail mod and ape hangers on future shortwave yospos

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

your posts are barley readable

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

can't wait to see your scooter powered by fermented turnips

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
NMN cruisin in an AliX hoodie on a scooter powered by mushy peas

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

leave it to the english to find something even worse to do with potatoes

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Gotem.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

infernal machines posted:

helicopter dongs and you: your guide to selling shovels in the digital goldrush

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

poo poo maybe this summer I'll learn to strip lime scooters instead of throwing them through windows like a bitch I know

Steal one to convert for personal use and then use it to steal batteries from other ones

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

Steal one to convert for personal use and then use it to steal batteries from other ones

last summer people left them loving everywhere and I just wanted to sit down and take one apart

I guess that would count as burglary tools though

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

I pay zero money per liter for gas/petrol because I don't have a car or license because I got busted for DUI on a moped while on the way to chuck a molotov into a pub owned by someone I was mad at. I ate the charge because first offense, nbd, occasionally I get a day or two locked up but hey, conspiracy to commit arson?

I dodged that warrant for 8 years.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SmokaDustbowl posted:

NMN cruisin in an AliX hoodie on a scooter powered by mushy peas

25 miles to the gallon of Pea Wet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsjmKWp1Jws

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

gently caress 80p is like a dollar and change I'll eat that garbage if it's warm

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
that's noodle prices lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol. why is this subtitled in english?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

SmokaDustbowl posted:

gently caress 80p is like a dollar and change I'll eat that garbage if it's warm

Battered fried potato sammich for a buck? That's a good loving deal.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

because I don't have a car

I 100% do not believe it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I 100% do not believe it

rofl

mystes
May 31, 2006

infernal machines posted:

lol. why is this subtitled in english?
I wouldn't even be able to make out the words "smack barm pea wet" without subtitles

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

american?

i guess cnn does subtitle bbc because even received pronunciation english is too hard to follow

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

last summer people left them loving everywhere and I just wanted to sit down and take one apart

I guess that would count as burglary tools though

just cut the wire to the gps and buy some torx screwdrivers off wish or something

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

just cut the wire to the gps and buy some torx screwdrivers off wish or something

I will sell all the batteries at the flea market, like razor blade inserts and laundry detergent

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
hell yeah, hustlin

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/SpookySeanT/status/1485009835976376320

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

can't wait to see your scooter powered by fermented turnips

I'm Dick Turpin and you're confused about my horse.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mystes
May 31, 2006

Is this supposed to be a Covid thing?

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

SmokaDustbowl posted:

posting pictures of my barley compost powered scooter with a shrimptail mod and ape hangers on future shortwave yospos

https://youtu.be/KyoeO9UFZwQ

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

Is this supposed to be a Covid thing?

I think it’s so everyone can look at the other person in front of them and say “you’re old” but the person turns around and says “turn on your monitor”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/6s75ggJ.mp4
wow could you imagine